Foldable display with keyboard. Add latest processors, cameras and speakers. There you go.
    06-30-17 11:42 AM
    No keyboard, no sale for me. To make it viable, offer an add-on keyboard, that's actually good, unlike Samsung's.
    BlueOhSix likes this.
    06-30-17 11:45 AM
    Sure, but I'm not. Don't get me wrong, I really like the phone but I can just type better on a vkb.
    I would like to hear your thoughts in another few weeks after you have kept using the device, seeing as you aren't going to return it.

Would like to know if your love for the VKB has gone down any and your like for the PKB has gone up.
    06-30-17 12:46 PM
    I've owned the KEYone for a week. I don't need to own it any longer to know that I'm better on a vkb than I am on the K1's pkb. The KEYone keyboard is fine, but it's small for me and I make more mistakes with it than I do with a vkb. To me, just having a pkb doesn't make it better than a virtual one. It needs to be the right size and have the right feel. To me, the KEYone keyboard could improve in both of those areas.

I use a vkb for work emails as well as personal messages. I do the same with a pkb.
    You must not have used a bold 9900 or anything like that then. I brought it out the other day and man that keyboard was tiny. But I was a speed demon on it as I am now on the KEYone after a few weeks.
    06-30-17 02:00 PM
    You must not have used a bold 9900 or anything like that then. I brought it out the other day and man that keyboard was tiny. But I was a speed demon on it as I am now on the KEYone after a few weeks.
    Actually I did. I started with BlackBerry with the 8700. I just think I've grown more accustomed to the vkb and can type faster and more accurately with it. I still like the pkb, but I just don't think I'll ever be a pkb guy in terms of being as good or fast as I am with a vkb.
    06-30-17 02:03 PM
    Actually I did. I started with BlackBerry with the 8700. I just think I've grown more accustomed to the vkb and can type faster and more accurately with it. I still like the pkb, but I just don't think I'll ever be a pkb guy in terms of being as good or fast as I am with a vkb.
    I thought the same thing but constant use on the KEYone is changing my thoughts a little. It took a lot of time as I hadn't use a PKB (small one) since the 9900. Did have a passport but not really that comparable.
    06-30-17 02:04 PM
    As long as you are personally guaranteeing it's success then I don't know why TCL would not do any of this.
    LOL
    06-30-17 04:37 PM
    And how much would it cost?
    A lot of rupees
    06-30-17 04:58 PM
    I just can't see TCL making any headway with a slab. What would the feature be that would grab people's attention and make them want to purchase it? They don't have the capacity to make some world beating phone and have never been in the high end game.
    Last edited by donnation; 06-30-17 at 06:53 PM.
    06-30-17 05:25 PM
    Terrible.
    06-30-17 06:29 PM
    You lost me at remove the keyboard. The mobile market is over flooded with slabs and not to mention in the 5" to 6" displays. The keyboard needs to stay! I like the direction the current "smart physical keyboard" is heading. love how the space bar is now a finger print sensor and short cuts can only be done on a physical keyboard! What consumers want is faster ways of getting to their apps and to communicate to whomever with ease! A physical keyboard provides that! Battery life is getting better but there will always be room for improvement since we are more and more connected to everything we do in our lives.
    06-30-17 07:28 PM
    Nah, too much. If I wanted all that I'd get a Samsung.
    anon(2313227) likes this.
    06-30-17 09:57 PM
    Have you seen the Xiaomi Mi Mix? Sounds like you want a BlackBerry version of that with improvements. That phone looks awesome. Your phone sounds even better if it could also over that mostly bezel-less screen!

Posted via CB10
    I owned a Mi Mix and the phone used as a phone for calls was horrible. Had trouble hearing people (sound vibrations through the glass etc is a good idea BUT doesn't work that well in real life). It was fine for YouTube and taking photos etc.

Bit clumsy to use and carry. A little too big I think. Note 4, K1, LG G6 size wise are better.
    06-30-17 10:21 PM
    TCL isn't able to source the latest high-end SoCs - all production output is gobbled up by the bigger players, and TCL can't order enough to move up in that line. Plus, TCL isn't that kind of player and they know it. It takes a MASSIVE budget to be able to play in the Apple/Samsung league, and even though TCL isn't a small company, they just aren't in that league.

Additionally, they don't have the money for the R&D such a phone would take - their advantage is using tech AFTER it's already been proven (and developed by someone else on their dime) and making it a little less expensive.

TCL also does minimal advertising, and we all know how epic Samsung's ad campaigns are. There's no way TCL could compete in the high-end flagship market with minimal marketing - Apple and Samsung would crush them with brand-recognition alone.

It's a nice dream, but it's not even a little realistic. Samsung might be able to pull it off for the S10, but TCL isn't going to.
    06-30-17 11:35 PM
    TCL isn't able to source the latest high-end SoCs - all production output is gobbled up by the bigger players, and TCL can't order enough to move up in that line. Plus, TCL isn't that kind of player and they know it. It takes a MASSIVE budget to be able to play in the Apple/Samsung league, and even though TCL isn't a small company, they just aren't in that league.

Additionally, they don't have the money for the R&D such a phone would take - their advantage is using tech AFTER it's already been proven (and developed by someone else on their dime) and making it a little less expensive.

TCL also does minimal advertising, and we all know how epic Samsung's ad campaigns are. There's no way TCL could compete in the high-end flagship market with minimal marketing - Apple and Samsung would crush them with brand-recognition alone.

It's a nice dream, but it's not even a little realistic. Samsung might be able to pull it off for the S10, but TCL isn't going to.
    06-30-17 11:36 PM
    I disagree, I would like to see stereo speakers, on screen navigation buttons, slightly bigger keyboard resulting in slightly bigger screen, of course more ram and I would also like for them to figure out a way to implement the keyboard shortcuts anywhere not just on the home screen even if it's just the long press shortcuts.
    Oh yeah and some good quality glue to hold down the screen.
    07-01-17 12:24 AM
    If anyone at TCL is reading this who is involved in designing the hardware and software architecture of the Blackberry slated for launch in 2018, make this device and I can personally guarantee its success in 2018-2019.

This article is kept in mind the features the customers want, the mobile user psychology and keeping the entire landscape of mobile phone users in mind. Blackberry needs to make this phone with every consumer in the world in mind and not just "Business" users.

Picture this,

A mobile phone with the current chassis of the blackberry keyone, a graphene battery, which would not only increase the battery life exponentially but also enable TCL to have a much thinner device(50% of the keyone's thickness).
    NO PHYSICAL KEYBOARD- I'll tell you why, later in this article.
    a 6.4 inch screen on the front running from the metallic bezel on the top all the way to the bottom. No buttons on the front of the device.
    A physical mute button on the side(like iphone) and 2 front and 2 rear cameras all with flash.
    Snapdragon 845 (or the latest and greatest processor available) and an AMOLED screen up front.

Dear TCL, to make this phone you need to understand why you are making it. You need to understand that Blackberry isn't just for the CEO's. It for everybody. This is one marketing trick that worked for blackberry back in the day but being stuck to this image just isn't giving the brand a far-reaching appeal.
    The physical keyboard, no matter how good, is just more difficult to type on that an iOS or android or swiftkey keyboard, in todays world. SO to play it big(play it wide and stop playing it safe) give the consumers what they want.
    A 6.4 inch AMOLED screen will soon be the norm as its the perfect dimension that hits the sweet-spot keeping in mind that the phone should be portable yet big enough to be used for media consumption.
    No buttons on the front of the device will be the norm followed by all companies after the launch of Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ and no matter whatever marketing campaign users come up with, the new user would want to have a device with the smallest bezels on the market from a reliable brand.
    A physical mute button might seem like an unimportant thing to have but it just makes life a lot more easier for all users and I wonder why no other brand other than apple uses this for their phones.
    Dual camera on front and back will be the norm for all flagships circa 2018 so I'm not the one to blame if i Suggest Blackberry by TCL stays up to date with the norms of the industry.

A killer feature for this device would be graphene batteries for Blackberry has been known historically to have a great battery life. This would mark the era of change in mobile phone blackberry technology and customers would flock to the latest and greatest device that has all these features. Agree? Any other must-have feature you think I've missed? Let the comments pour in...

PS- Also make the device water and dust proof. Its a must-have.
    and also, fingerprint reader embedded in the screen, another must-have circa 2018.
    You lost me after no keyboard, sorry. Keyboards are much easier and more efficient to type on and that's not even my bias. What's easier to type on, a MacBook pro or an iPad in landscape? Physical keyboards will always be better.
    07-01-17 01:21 AM
    Sounds like you want an S8 plus.

You couldn't pay me to use a 6.4" screen. K1 is already much too big in my opinion.

Give me a K1 mini with a 9900 keyboard and a 4" screen and *I will* personally guarantee it's success lol.
    NightFire likes this.
    07-01-17 01:57 AM
    Sounds like you want an S8 plus.

You couldn't pay me to use a 6.4" screen. K1 is already much too big in my opinion.

Give me a K1 mini with a 9900 keyboard and a 4" screen and *I will* personally guarantee it's success lol.
    And I will personally guarantee that I'll buy one!
    NightFire likes this.
    07-01-17 03:54 AM
    OP you lost me with "no physical keyboard." In caps, no less. I want the physical keyboard. Sure they can go ahead and make some slabs along the way but the PKB phone is what I want and love.
    NightFire and Barbareren like this.
    07-01-17 05:10 AM
    ...no BB10....no Pkb... then why a BlackBerry ?

Posted via CB10
    07-01-17 05:40 AM
    I'm just interested in why do you need 6.4" screen? Is there something you do specifically that requires that much estate?
    07-01-17 05:44 AM
    Why are you posting in blackberry forums if all you want is a generic Samsung phone? If I needed a good camera and good display phone I'd buy Samsung but I have ultrabook so I need a phone that works great as a communicator and has all day battery, and guess what? It's the keyone!

Seriously, go buy a Samsung or HTC!
    07-01-17 10:38 AM
    If anyone at TCL is reading this who is involved in designing the hardware and software architecture of the Blackberry slated for launch in 2018, make this device and I can personally guarantee its success in 2018-2019.

This article is kept in mind the features the customers want, the mobile user psychology and keeping the entire landscape of mobile phone users in mind. Blackberry needs to make this phone with every consumer in the world in mind and not just "Business" users.

Picture this,

A mobile phone with the current chassis of the blackberry keyone, a graphene battery, which would not only increase the battery life exponentially but also enable TCL to have a much thinner device(50% of the keyone's thickness).
    NO PHYSICAL KEYBOARD- I'll tell you why, later in this article.
    a 6.4 inch screen on the front running from the metallic bezel on the top all the way to the bottom. No buttons on the front of the device.
    A physical mute button on the side(like iphone) and 2 front and 2 rear cameras all with flash.
    Snapdragon 845 (or the latest and greatest processor available) and an AMOLED screen up front.

Dear TCL, to make this phone you need to understand why you are making it. You need to understand that Blackberry isn't just for the CEO's. It for everybody. This is one marketing trick that worked for blackberry back in the day but being stuck to this image just isn't giving the brand a far-reaching appeal.
    The physical keyboard, no matter how good, is just more difficult to type on that an iOS or android or swiftkey keyboard, in todays world. SO to play it big(play it wide and stop playing it safe) give the consumers what they want.
    A 6.4 inch AMOLED screen will soon be the norm as its the perfect dimension that hits the sweet-spot keeping in mind that the phone should be portable yet big enough to be used for media consumption.
    No buttons on the front of the device will be the norm followed by all companies after the launch of Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ and no matter whatever marketing campaign users come up with, the new user would want to have a device with the smallest bezels on the market from a reliable brand.
    A physical mute button might seem like an unimportant thing to have but it just makes life a lot more easier for all users and I wonder why no other brand other than apple uses this for their phones.
    Dual camera on front and back will be the norm for all flagships circa 2018 so I'm not the one to blame if i Suggest Blackberry by TCL stays up to date with the norms of the industry.

A killer feature for this device would be graphene batteries for Blackberry has been known historically to have a great battery life. This would mark the era of change in mobile phone blackberry technology and customers would flock to the latest and greatest device that has all these features. Agree? Any other must-have feature you think I've missed? Let the comments pour in...

PS- Also make the device water and dust proof. Its a must-have.
    and also, fingerprint reader embedded in the screen, another must-have circa 2018.
    Troll.
    07-01-17 10:39 AM
    Troll.
    Hahahahaha

Posted via CB10
    chefcenko likes this.
    07-01-17 12:57 PM
55 123