If anyone at TCL is reading this who is involved in designing the hardware and software architecture of the Blackberry slated for launch in 2018, make this device and I can personally guarantee its success in 2018-2019.

This article is kept in mind the features the customers want, the mobile user psychology and keeping the entire landscape of mobile phone users in mind. Blackberry needs to make this phone with every consumer in the world in mind and not just "Business" users.

Picture this,

A mobile phone with the current chassis of the blackberry keyone, a graphene battery, which would not only increase the battery life exponentially but also enable TCL to have a much thinner device(50% of the keyone's thickness).
    NO PHYSICAL KEYBOARD- I'll tell you why, later in this article.
    a 6.4 inch screen on the front running from the metallic bezel on the top all the way to the bottom. No buttons on the front of the device.
    A physical mute button on the side(like iphone) and 2 front and 2 rear cameras all with flash.
    Snapdragon 845 (or the latest and greatest processor available) and an AMOLED screen up front.

Dear TCL, to make this phone you need to understand why you are making it. You need to understand that Blackberry isn't just for the CEO's. It for everybody. This is one marketing trick that worked for blackberry back in the day but being stuck to this image just isn't giving the brand a far-reaching appeal.
    The physical keyboard, no matter how good, is just more difficult to type on that an iOS or android or swiftkey keyboard, in todays world. SO to play it big(play it wide and stop playing it safe) give the consumers what they want.
    A 6.4 inch AMOLED screen will soon be the norm as its the perfect dimension that hits the sweet-spot keeping in mind that the phone should be portable yet big enough to be used for media consumption.
    No buttons on the front of the device will be the norm followed by all companies after the launch of Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ and no matter whatever marketing campaign users come up with, the new user would want to have a device with the smallest bezels on the market from a reliable brand.
    A physical mute button might seem like an unimportant thing to have but it just makes life a lot more easier for all users and I wonder why no other brand other than apple uses this for their phones.
    Dual camera on front and back will be the norm for all flagships circa 2018 so I'm not the one to blame if i Suggest Blackberry by TCL stays up to date with the norms of the industry.

A killer feature for this device would be graphene batteries for Blackberry has been known historically to have a great battery life. This would mark the era of change in mobile phone blackberry technology and customers would flock to the latest and greatest device that has all these features. Agree? Any other must-have feature you think I've missed? Let the comments pour in...

PS- Also make the device water and dust proof. Its a must-have.
    and also, fingerprint reader embedded in the screen, another must-have circa 2018.
    Last edited by vishaakh; 06-29-17 at 06:49 AM.
    06-29-17 06:29 AM
    As long as you are personally guaranteeing it's success then I don't know why TCL would not do any of this.
    06-29-17 06:31 AM
    I disagree with your comment about the keyboard!!! It's actually the opposite and is easier to type with the keyboard!
    06-29-17 06:55 AM
    The K1 keyboard is great lol
    06-29-17 06:57 AM
    Lol

Posted via CB10
    BlueOhSix likes this.
    06-30-17 08:55 AM
    And how much would it cost?
    06-30-17 09:05 AM
    Pkb is here because cb comminity likes them. To succeed they need a slab. Like it or not it will be the star of bb not the pkb.

I personally don't think tcl has the chops to bring new high end tech.
    06-30-17 09:06 AM
    I'd honestly be surprised if TCL made a slab phone. The DTEK's were a disaster for BlackBerry and unless they have something unique to offer besides saying "its secure" then I don't know why anyone would buy one. A mid-range slab phone would tank upon release and I don't know that TCL ever wants to get into making a high end slab.
    06-30-17 09:58 AM
    I'd honestly be surprised if TCL made a slab phone. The DTEK's were a disaster for BlackBerry and unless they have something unique to offer besides saying "its secure" then I don't know why anyone would buy one. A mid-range slab phone would tank upon release and I don't know that TCL ever wants to get into making a high end slab.
    Tank away.

BlackBerry's next device rumoured to feature 5.2-inch touch display, Snapdragon 625 or 626 | MobileSyrup
    06-30-17 09:59 AM
    Have you seen the Xiaomi Mi Mix? Sounds like you want a BlackBerry version of that with improvements. That phone looks awesome. Your phone sounds even better if it could also over that mostly bezel-less screen!

Posted via CB10
    06-30-17 10:01 AM
    06-30-17 10:01 AM
    Sorry, but what makes a BlackBerry, well, a BlackBerry, is the physical keyboard. Take that away and it's just another slab in a sea of slabs. With BlackBerry going cross-platform with their software, I don't see how they would profit from what you are describing as a prohibitedly high priced touchscreen phone. I know I could buy, say, an S8+ or a One Plus 5 with more RAM and a faster processor and install the BlackBerry suite. I don't because I want the keyboard and BlackBerry makes the best in the market.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-17 10:14 AM
    I disagree with your comment about the keyboard!!! It's actually the opposite and is easier to type with the keyboard!
    Same here, a PKB is definitely easier to type on and you are so much more accurate. Talk to any VKB user who has give the KEYᵒⁿᵉ an honest try and they will state the same thing. An example of this is Mr. Mobile switching to the KEYᵒⁿᵉ as his daily driver with no intention of doing so before he tried and made a review video on the device. Some may prefer to text on a VKP but the accuracy and ease of typing on a PKB is far superior.

Also love that this OP personally guaranteed the devices success, just classic. Would love to know what they do for a living.

I'm hoping for another PKB device released by TCL (which has been said is definitely happening) and another slab.
    Mrs Teapot and LJCaptain like this.
    06-30-17 10:16 AM
    BlackBerry isn't in the business of making 800 dollar flagships. I don't think they will even debut a phone with a 800 series chip in it. I do believe that the slab needs to offer more productivity than your standard slab. That's why I think a wide footprint ala the early Note series phones along with offering a stylus would be a smart way to go.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-17 10:23 AM
    I would be more inclined to buy a 5.2" vs 6.4" phone. I know the trend is to go big but I prefer phones that fit comfortably in the pocket. This my big hesitation on the KEYone - it might be too large of a device for my liking. 5.2 inch with great specs would be perfect for me. I don't need to carry a tablet with me all the time. I don't watch movies or play games on my phone so the tablet size phones doesn't appeal to me. With that said my kids want the biggest dam screen they can get to play games and watch Netflix.

In my humble opinion I would do both to appeal to both types of buyers.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-17 10:27 AM
    Same here, a PKB is definitely easier to type on and you are so much more accurate. Talk to any VKB user who has give the KEYᵒⁿᵉ an honest try and they will state the same thing. An example of this is Mr. Mobile switching to the KEYᵒⁿᵉ as his daily driver with no intention of doing so before he tried and made a review video on the device. Some may prefer to text on a VKP but the accuracy and ease of typing on a PKB is far superior.

Also love that this OP personally guaranteed the devices success, just classic. Would love to know what they do for a living.

I'm hoping for another PKB device released by TCL (which has been said is definitely happening) and another slab.
    I own the KEYone and still vastly prefer a virtual keyboard. The pkb is fine, but I'm faster and more accurate on a vkb than I am on a keyboard like the K1's.
    06-30-17 10:40 AM
    sooooooo what would be differentiator from any other manufacturer top spec device?
    I mean - why?!
    06-30-17 10:57 AM
    I own the KEYone and still vastly prefer a virtual keyboard. The pkb is fine, but I'm faster and more accurate on a vkb than I am on a keyboard like the K1's.
    How long did you use the KEYᵒⁿᵉ before making your decision on liking the VKB better? Do you depend on auto correct when typing on your VKB? Do you mostly text friends and family or use email for work?

Not coming at you just asking because while I text a lot and they aren't usually the most important messages my work email has to be professional and on point with my message. I also can't depend on auto correct nor do I have the time to go back and re-read every email to make spelling corrections or change words that auto correct corrected incorrectly.

My first BlackBerry was the 8310 and I've only owned a VKB device for about 6 months between that device and the KEYᵒⁿᵉ. Die hard BlackBerry fan and could never imagine depending on a VKB for work and personal use.
    LJCaptain and BlueOhSix like this.
    06-30-17 11:00 AM
    How long did you use the KEYᵒⁿᵉ before making your decision on liking the VKB better? Do you depend on auto correct when typing on your VKB? Do you mostly text friends and family or use email for work?

Not coming at you just asking because while I text a lot and they aren't usually the most important messages my work email has to be professional and on point with my message. I also can't depend on auto correct nor do I have the time to go back and re-read every email to make spelling corrections or change words that auto correct corrected incorrectly.

My first BlackBerry was the 8310 and I've only owned a VKB device for about 6 months between that device and the KEYᵒⁿᵉ. Die hard BlackBerry fan and could never imagine depending on a VKB for work and personal use.
    I've owned the KEYone for a week. I don't need to own it any longer to know that I'm better on a vkb than I am on the K1's pkb. The KEYone keyboard is fine, but it's small for me and I make more mistakes with it than I do with a vkb. To me, just having a pkb doesn't make it better than a virtual one. It needs to be the right size and have the right feel. To me, the KEYone keyboard could improve in both of those areas.

I use a vkb for work emails as well as personal messages. I do the same with a pkb.
    06-30-17 11:06 AM
    I've owned the KEYone for a week. I don't need to own it any longer to know that I'm better on a vkb than I am on the K1's pkb. The KEYone keyboard is fine, but it's small for me and I make more mistakes with it than I do with a vkb. To me, just having a pkb doesn't make it better than a virtual one. It needs to be the right size and have the right feel. To me, the KEYone keyboard could improve in both of those areas.

I use a vkb for work emails as well as personal messages. I do the same with a pkb.
    Are you still able to return it?
    06-30-17 11:24 AM
    Are you still able to return it?
    Sure, but I'm not. Don't get me wrong, I really like the phone but I can just type better on a vkb.
    06-30-17 11:26 AM
    Sure, but I'm not. Don't get me wrong, I really like the phone but I can just type better on a vkb.
    What? Heresy!

/s
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-30-17 11:28 AM
    I took the time to read the entire text and totally disagree with about everything. I would not buy that device. And the QWERTY rocks!!! Please make more QWERTY's!!!

Posted via CB10
    xpxpxpxp, LJCaptain and BlueOhSix like this.
    06-30-17 11:38 AM
    not gone happen, will be the same devive with the upper part with roundings and stereo speakers specs will be the same
    06-30-17 11:41 AM
    What about a separate soundproof bubble dome for the kids with optional restraints and muzzles?
    06-30-17 11:41 AM
55 123