I use the UK Barclaycard app which was pretty convenient. When I tried to open it today it said that I needed to update to the latest version. However, after looking on Google Play Store the MyBarclaycard app seems to have disappeared.

I was wondering if any other UK users had a similar experience or could offer an explanation
    01-21-18 01:07 PM
    I use the UK Barclaycard app which was pretty convenient. When I tried to open it today it said that I needed to update to the latest version. However, after looking on Google Play Store the MyBarclaycard app seems to have disappeared.

I was wondering if any other UK users had a similar experience or could offer an explanation
    You should contact Barclay.
    01-21-18 02:03 PM
    Yes, I will do tomorrow. I know the major UK banks don't fully support Windows Phone or the older Blackberry OS but it'd be disappointing if they weren't open to supporting Blackberry's variant of Android

I'll post later when I've heard back
    01-21-18 02:25 PM
    Yes, I will do tomorrow. I know the major UK banks don't fully support Windows Phone or the older Blackberry OS but it'd be disappointing if they weren't open to supporting Blackberry's variant of Android

I'll post later when I've heard back
    Has nothing to do with BB. From app ecosystem, BB uses the same Google Play Store as everyone.
    01-21-18 03:12 PM
    I have had the same problem. I have recently received a new ketone under warranty. came to re instal the Barclay app this week end to be told it is not avaliable for my device. seems Barclays have something against blackberry if you ask me! has worked great on the keyone since launch and now nothing. not good!
    01-21-18 05:18 PM
    I have had the same problem. I have recently received a new ketone under warranty. came to re instal the Barclay app this week end to be told it is not avaliable for my device. seems Barclays have something against blackberry if you ask me! has worked great on the keyone since launch and now nothing. not good!
    Is the app still available for other devices? Does it need Oreo?
    01-21-18 05:21 PM
    it is still in the Google play sore so presume that it will work for other devices. Barclaycard is probably one of the most popular credit cards in the UK so to be without an android app would seem to me a little like commercial suicide.
    01-21-18 05:24 PM
    just had a quick look in the playstore. the official line at the top is 'your device is not compatible with this version'. I was going to give a one star review saying how it no longer works on my KeyOne but it won't even let me do that? odd.
    01-21-18 05:30 PM
    I have been using the Barclaycard app on my dual sim Keyone some about 3 months without any issues.
    01-21-18 05:41 PM
    just had a quick look in the playstore. the official line at the top is 'your device is not compatible with this version'. I was going to give a one star review saying how it no longer works on my KeyOne but it won't even let me do that? odd.
    I wonder if Barclay update needs an update from OEM to recognize compatibility.
    01-21-18 06:45 PM
    This does point to one reason to actually backup apk files using whatever method you like. There are apps to do such backup in the Playstore. Now that does not mean the app won't fail after an OS update.
    01-21-18 07:10 PM
    I'm using this app on my KeyOne without any problems. It's odd that it doesn't show up in my installed apps in the Playstore.

Edit: Found it when looking on PC but says it's incompatible with my device but also says it's installed.
    Last edited by pete_p; 01-22-18 at 05:38 AM.
    01-22-18 04:59 AM
    I'm using this app on my KeyOne without any problems. It's odd that it doesn't show up in my installed apps in the Playstore.

Edit: Found it when looking on PC but says it's incompatible with my device but also says it's installed.
    I think you have been lucky that it was installed on your phone. I had to reinstall due to having to change phones. Was fine on old keyone but won't load onto my new one. Gonna fire up my PRIV to see if it available for that.
    01-23-18 09:41 AM
    I think you have been lucky that it was installed on your phone. I had to reinstall due to having to change phones. Was fine on old keyone but won't load onto my new one. Gonna fire up my PRIV to see if it available for that.
    Has anyone here actually have done the simple and contacted me Barclay tech support?
    01-23-18 09:47 AM
    Yes I have. Unfortunately the banks don't allow easy access to individuals or specific departments - they prefer to route inbound communications to make things easier for themselves.

All I got is an acknowledgement and a note saying that my feedback had been passed onto the app development team.

I'm not going to hold my breath...
    01-23-18 12:12 PM
    Yes I have. Unfortunately the banks don't allow easy access to individuals or specific departments - they prefer to route inbound communications to make things easier for themselves.

All I got is an acknowledgement and a note saying that my feedback had been passed onto the app development team.

I'm not going to hold my breath...
    Not to be facetious. Did you actually speak to customer service or just contact via electronic means?
    01-23-18 12:26 PM
    You sound facetious. I'm presuming you don't do your banking with a UK bank.

If anyone has a direct contact for the app development team then please get in touch
    01-23-18 12:29 PM
    You sound facetious. I'm presuming you don't do your banking with a UK bank.

If anyone has a direct contact for the app development team then please get in touch
    I deal with USA institutions on a daily basis. I'm also familiar with the electronic tree which allows institutions to control your access since many people think everything gets processed FIFO. I know reality is that human escalation will get faster results and solutions.

Good luck with getting hold of the app development team.
    01-23-18 12:44 PM
    Thanks Chuck - appreciated.

It looks like it's an issue peculiar to Barclays and hopefully will be resolved. I do hope anybody else who has the same issue will get in touch with Barclays and complain. Blackberry users are in a minority nowadays and we need to make an effort to make our voices heard
    01-23-18 12:57 PM
    Thanks Chuck - appreciated.

It looks like it's an issue peculiar to Barclays and hopefully will be resolved. I do hope anybody else who has the same issue will get in touch with Barclays and complain. Blackberry users are in a minority nowadays and we need to make an effort to make our voices heard
    I don't think it's a BlackBerry issue. When I searched for Barclaycard UK, from other Android devices, I don't find app. I find US version, Germany and Kenya. It's possible security compromise and pull app from app store?
    01-23-18 01:17 PM
    I don't think it's a BlackBerry issue. When I searched for Barclaycard UK, from other Android devices, I don't find app. I find US version, Germany and Kenya. It's possible security compromise and pull app from app store?
    I couldn't find it either. On a search on Google play every other country version comes up. When you log in however it is easy to find in the list of your apps. The interesting thing is this can't be installed on my keyone as it says the keyone isn't a compatible device but the PRIV is?? Email sent and waiting for reply.
    01-23-18 01:48 PM
    a co-worker and updated his version of the app today from a Samsung S9 so it does appear to be device specific
    01-23-18 01:51 PM
    I couldn't find it either. On a search on Google play every other country version comes up. When you log in however it is easy to find in the list of your apps. The interesting thing is this can't be installed on my keyone as it says the keyone isn't a compatible device but the PRIV is?? Email sent and waiting for reply.
    Did you have the app on the KeyOne and it stopped working? Or are you now trying to download and install it the first time?

I wonder if you want to experiment. Again, there are apps that can backup the underlying APK file. So you could try to backup the app on the Priv, copy the APK file to the KeyOne and see if it will install and/or run.

Otherwise, you are at the mercy of the bank.
    01-23-18 02:01 PM
    I have had to re download as I have a different phone (screen issue and warranty replacement). I'm not to keen on copying the file, seems like quite a work around to me. thought we had seen the last of that when android came to blackberry. heyho!
    01-23-18 02:21 PM
    Sorry if this is an old thread, but I encountered the same issue with my KeyOne and needed a solution.

Rather than download the .apk from a dodgy site. I used Bluestacks to download the .apk from the Play Store, then backed it up using APK Extractor, sent it to my KeyOne; it installed and works absolutely fine.

How strange that this is not compatible from the Play Store direct :/
    03-02-18 06:54 AM
28 12