Cancelled on Clove and ordered via Currys. 3 days delivery but that's better than another 2-3 weeks.
    When did you put your order in?? Aren't currys part of the CPW/Dixons group??
    05-05-17 01:10 PM
    When did you put your order in?? Aren't currys part of the CPW/Dixons group??
    I put my order in this afternoon at about 1.30pm. Yeah, Currys are part of that group. I just couldn't wait for Clove any longer. I contacted customer services for Currys and they said I should receive the phone by Wednesday.
    Pez1983 likes this.
    05-05-17 01:16 PM
    That's good to hear! Been pouring over the reviews since they started coming out in Thursday and they're a mix bag. Some people praising it, others complaint of lag and others of complete software failures!!

I bought it unlocked / outright from CPW. It was the only option that their website let me. Said it wasn't available on contract or for an upgrade. (Well it didn't at the time I placed my order.)
    Which BlackBerry do you own now or used to own?
    Pez1983 likes this.
    05-05-17 03:26 PM
    That's good to hear! Been pouring over the reviews since they started coming out in Thursday and they're a mix bag. Some people praising it, others complaint of lag and others of complete software failures!!

I bought it unlocked / outright from CPW. It was the only option that their website let me. Said it wasn't available on contract or for an upgrade. (Well it didn't at the time I placed my order.)
    Probably better to buy it outright, it will work out cheaper in the long run.

Nice one.
    Pez1983 likes this.
    05-05-17 03:28 PM
    Any Updates from the following:

Clove:
    Unlockedmobiles.com:
    Mobilephonesdirect.co.uk:
    affordablemobiles.co.uk:
    Thesmartphonecompany.co.uk:
    Buymobiles.net:

Or are they all saying the 22nd May?
    Curry's and Pcworld have stock available for dispatch. I've just ordered from pcworld. Same company as CPW, Dixon carphone group.
    05-05-17 03:59 PM
    Originally Posted by ikeloyalBB
    Any Updates from the following:

Clove:
    Unlockedmobiles.com:
    Mobilephonesdirect.co.uk:
    affordablemobiles.co.uk:
    Thesmartphonecompany.co.uk:
    Buymobiles.net:

Or are they all saying the 22nd May?
    Unlocked-mobiles have confirmed that they will be receiving their first shipment of handsets from Blackberry on 15th May and will dispatch the same day to pre-orders...

Cancelled my order and moved to CPW... Getting tomorrow!
    05-05-17 04:12 PM
    Which BlackBerry do you own now or used to own?
    My last couple of Blackberrys were:

Z10 - Z30 - Q10 - Passport - Priv (x3 of them) - finishing on the Classic...

Am now on a 'borrowed' iPhone 6s since my classic died... Have been waiting on the KEYone for just over 9 months!!
    05-05-17 04:16 PM
    My last couple of Blackberrys were:

Z10 - Z30 - Q10 - Passport - Priv (x3 of them) - finishing on the Classic...

Am now on a 'borrowed' iPhone 6s since my classic died... Have been waiting on the KEYone for just over 9 months!!
    If you liked the Q10, Passport, & Classic then you will love the KEYone. Even the Priv if you found yourself using the keyboard a lot.

You went through 3 Privs? What happened to them?
    Pez1983 likes this.
    05-05-17 04:20 PM
    Curry's and Pcworld have stock available for dispatch. I've just ordered from pcworld. Same company as CPW, Dixon carphone group.
    What convinced you to go for the KEYone?
    05-05-17 04:21 PM
    If you liked the Q10, Passport, & Classic then you will love the KEYone. Even the Priv if you found yourself using the keyboard a lot.

You went through 3 Privs? What happened to them?
    I am glad you said that! Q10 and Classic were my most recent favourites. Just loved the form factor and the keyboard experience...

Oh my Privs.... Well. I got my first handset on day one! Was over the moon! It must have been an early builds as they were all laggy, kept crashing and the keyboard lights were not all the same brightness... Just little things bugged me like that! The third was still laggy and crashed all the time, but it got better with software updates... In the end, think I managed about 8 months on it, before going back to the Classic....

I am really hoping that they have got all the kinks ironed out on the KEYone... I am not a power gamer or multimedia user on mobile, I like communicating and web surfing... Hopefully this will excel as much as I want it to.
    05-05-17 04:28 PM
    UK KEYone Waiting Room-blackberry-keyone-case-09.jpg

Have seen this case in another thread...

Am not usually a case kind of person, but really want it to make its way to the UK as would quite like to have it on my KEYone...

UK KEYone Waiting Room-img_7169-copy-1.jpg

Another couple of snaps....
    05-05-17 04:31 PM
    And another couple....

UK KEYone Waiting Room-blackberry-keyone-case-10.jpg

UK KEYone Waiting Room-blackberry-keyone-case-11.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails UK KEYone Waiting Room-blackberry-keyone-case-09.jpg  
    05-05-17 04:34 PM
    I am glad you said that! Q10 and Classic were my most recent favourites. Just loved the form factor and the keyboard experience...

Oh my Privs.... Well. I got my first handset on day one! Was over the moon! It must have been an early builds as they were all laggy, kept crashing and the keyboard lights were not all the same brightness... Just little things bugged me like that! The third was still laggy and crashed all the time, but it got better with software updates... In the end, think I managed about 8 months on it, before going back to the Classic....

I am really hoping that they have got all the kinks ironed out on the KEYone... I am not a power gamer or multimedia user on mobile, I like communicating and web surfing... Hopefully this will excel as much as I want it to.
    You will not be disappointed.

Q10 and even the Classic were my favourites, the KEYone is basically those two with Android 7.1.1 on it. The KEYone is a gorgeous beast. After 1 day, you'll be used to it.

Sounds like you've heavily invested in BlackBerry over the years and never lost hope. You're a true loyalist, salute! I got my Priv in April 2016 from Shop BlackBerry UK, and I was lucky. Reckon they fixed the problem by then....
    Pez1983 likes this.
    05-05-17 04:36 PM
    And another couple....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BlackBerry-KEYone-case-10.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	422587

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BlackBerry-KEYone-case-11.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	132.5 KB 
ID:	422588
    Looks worth buying
    05-05-17 04:37 PM
    You will not be disappointed.

Q10 and even the Classic were my favourites, the KEYone is basically those two with Android 7.1.1 on it. The KEYone is a gorgeous beast. After 1 day, you'll be used to it.

Sounds like you've heavily invested in BlackBerry over the years and never lost hope. You're a true loyalist, salute! I got my Priv in April 2016 from Shop BlackBerry UK, and I was lucky. Reckon they fixed the problem by then....
    lol Thanks I've always liked Blackberry... I like to be different and not just follow the crowd!

I remember when I was in my teens, I always thought that Blackberry phones were for 'grown ups' which is why I wanted one... Started from there lol

When BB10 came out, I thought it was a really, really good operating system... Just got hampered when none of the modern days apps I saw everyone else using showed up. Quickly figured out how to side load stuff, but never worked properly. I started to stray then and move to iPhones and Android.

There were times when I swapped out my passport for iPhones and Androids, but always went back after the modern-day app fix... Just can't beat the PKB for typing. Just feels... Premium... Then the Priv came and my prayers were answered lol

Although I do miss BB10, Android is so customisable these days, you can make it do pretty much anything...
    Good Future and WT44 like this.
    05-05-17 04:46 PM
    lol Thanks I've always liked Blackberry... I like to be different and not just follow the crowd!

I remember when I was in my teens, I always thought that Blackberry phones were for 'grown ups' which is why I wanted one... Started from there lol

When BB10 came out, I thought it was a really, really good operating system... Just got hampered when none of the modern days apps I saw everyone else using showed up. Quickly figured out how to side load stuff, but never worked properly. I started to stray then and move to iPhones and Android.

There were times when I swapped out my passport for iPhones and Androids, but always went back after the modern-day app fix... Just can't beat the PKB for typing. Just feels... Premium... Then the Priv came and my prayers were answered lol

Although I do miss BB10, Android is so customisable these days, you can make it do pretty much anything...
    That's amazing. You don't meet many BlackBerry enthusiasts. Your story is great.

Mine started in 2006-2007 when I got the 8800 on Tmobile. Everybody in uni was wondering what I was doing and I was one of few who had in class. Since that year I've had the 9700, Bold 9900, Q10, Classic & Priv. I kept changing between the Classic and the Priv because I couldn't decide on what to use as a daily driver. Always loved the BlackBerry experience.

The KEYone is the phone they should have bought out in 2014-2015....
    Pez1983 likes this.
    05-05-17 05:50 PM
    That's amazing. You don't meet many BlackBerry enthusiasts. Your story is great.

Mine started in 2006-2007 when I got the 8800 on Tmobile. Everybody in uni was wondering what I was doing and I was one of few who had in class. Since that year I've had the 9700, Bold 9900, Q10, Classic & Priv. I kept changing between the Classic and the Priv because I couldn't decide on what to use as a daily driver. Always loved the BlackBerry experience.

The KEYone is the phone they should have bought out in 2014-2015....
    Another longterm user / fan. I have to say I don't meet many either...

The Bold series... Will always remain my all time favourites! Even though, I did have an illicit love affair with the slider Torch series back in the day! Would oddly like to see them re-invent that and bring a modern-day one out...

Always got a lot of love from rocking the BB handsets back in the day... Even convinced a few of my friends to get them... Remember the days of BBM'ing for hours and hours...

I don't know what Blackberry got so wrong when the iPhone and Android phones started... How did they misjudge the market so badly.... It amazes me to this day...
    05-05-17 06:00 PM
    Another longterm user / fan. I have to say I don't meet many either...

The Bold series... Will always remain my all time favourites! Even though, I did have an illicit love affair with the slider Torch series back in the day! Would oddly like to see them re-invent that and bring a modern-day one out...

Always got a lot of love from rocking the BB handsets back in the day... Even convinced a few of my friends to get them... Remember the days of BBM'ing for hours and hours...

I don't know what Blackberry got so wrong when the iPhone and Android phones started... How did they misjudge the market so badly.... It amazes me to this day...
    Yes! Those were the days! BlackBerry was truly King!

Read: "Losing The Signal" by McNish and Silcoff it's a brilliant book. Explains what happened:
    - NTP Trademark case
    - Share options scandal
    - Lazaridis and Balsillie fall-out
    - iPhone and Android coming out in 2007-2008
    - failure of Storm 1 and Playbook
    - loss of Verizon contract
    - the outage of 2011
    - App gap
    - Hardware (Lazaridis) vs. Software (Balsillie)
    - core customer groups - Corporate and Government jumping on the iPhone/Android wagon
    05-05-17 06:08 PM
    What convinced you to go for the KEYone?
    Well, here's my situation; I have two phones, one for work and my personal phone. For the last 4 years, my work phone has been BlackBerry 10 and my personal phone for the last 18 months has been a Priv. I wanted to replace one so I thought maybe KEYone for work and if I were to replace the personal one then the Galaxy S8 plus. I decided to try the KEYone to replace my pp as work is more important than play lol. What appealed to me was the sturdy industrial design, the physical keyboard for those long emails and of course the stellar battery life. Also, the monthly security patches, and actually the LCD screen as it's better for reading text in sunlight. The passport has done me well and I intend to keep them (I bought a spare silver edition just in case lol) as back up, but it's time to move on and the K1 looks like it could be a worthy successor. Previously I had looked at the Elite X3 but held back as had misgivings about the fluidity of the interface. At least with Android, if there's something you don't like, you can do something about it.
    WT44 likes this.
    05-06-17 02:28 AM
    Well, here's my situation; I have two phones, one for work and my personal phone. For the last 4 years, my work phone has been BlackBerry 10 and my personal phone for the last 18 months has been a Priv. I wanted to replace one so I thought maybe KEYone for work and if I were to replace the personal one then the Galaxy S8 plus. I decided to try the KEYone to replace my pp as work is more important than play lol. What appealed to me was the sturdy industrial design, the physical keyboard for those long emails and of course the stellar battery life. Also, the monthly security patches, and actually the LCD screen as it's better for reading text in sunlight. The passport has done me well and I intend to keep them (I bought a spare silver edition just in case lol) as back up, but it's time to move on and the K1 looks like it could be a worthy successor. Previously I had looked at the Elite X3 but held back as had misgivings about the fluidity of the interface. At least with Android, if there's something you don't like, you can do something about it.
    I see.

You've made a great choice. The KEYone is a pure upgrade to your work phone. Depending on what you use for your personal phone, the KEYone can handle entertainment too. Chromecast is a very useful addition to help you multi-task on the KEYone. However, the Priv is a great choice too. The Priv is great phone but I always wanted to use the keyboard and felt it was way too big when fully extended, especially when you want to get something done quickly. What do you think?

TCL have done a great done with the KEYone, but you can clearly see it was designed and engineered by BlackBerry LTD.

Putting it out there - the KEYone is incredible and is the best BlackBerry Android phone available. Yes, the DTEK 60 has great specs, but heard mixed reviews about it. You'll be at home if you're a legacy BlackBerry keyboard, it's the phone all pkb fans have been waiting for.
    05-06-17 07:38 AM
    I see.

You've made a great choice. The KEYone is a pure upgrade to your work phone. Depending on what you use for your personal phone, the KEYone can handle entertainment too. Chromecast is a very useful addition to help you multi-task on the KEYone. However, the Priv is a great choice too. The Priv is great phone but I always wanted to use the keyboard and felt it was way too big when fully extended, especially when you want to get something done quickly. What do you think?

TCL have done a great done with the KEYone, but you can clearly see it was designed and engineered by BlackBerry LTD.

Putting it out there - the KEYone is incredible and is the best BlackBerry Android phone available. Yes, the DTEK 60 has great specs, but heard mixed reviews about it. You'll be at home if you're a legacy BlackBerry keyboard, it's the phone all pkb fans have been waiting for.
    All excellent news. I have just received an email from PCworld saying my parcel will be delivered on Monday. Woo Hoo.

Posted via CB10
    PDAJAH likes this.
    05-06-17 03:03 PM
    All excellent news. I have just received an email from PCworld saying my parcel will be delivered on Monday. Woo Hoo.

Posted via CB10
    See this post by Bla1ze:

Even Bla1ze said the KEYone is better than the DTEK 60.

Amazing cameras, phenomenal battery life, keyboard, shortcuts, convenience key, fingerprint scanner, great screen and latest Android.

Enjoy Monday!
    05-06-17 03:18 PM
    Thanks, might post some pics but you've seen it all before.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-17 03:25 PM
    Well it's here!! I am typing this post on it!! Still messing about setting it all up, but seems brilliant at the moment!!! Still can't actually believe that I have got it in my hand!!! Not at all disappointed to be honest!! Fantastic first impressions!!!
    05-06-17 03:57 PM
    Here it is!
    Attached Thumbnails UK KEYone Waiting Room-img_3390.jpg  
    Good Future, WT44 and AshMcAuliffe like this.
    05-06-17 04:05 PM
562 ... 1516171819 ...