So excited trying to find a way to get myself around Oxford street next Thursday
    ikeloyalBB likes this.
    04-19-17 12:15 PM
    Honestly, I wouldn't be making plans until we hear something truly concrete. The store are under the impression that they are selling this device on the 27th, which could be true... But why no word from BBmobile?

Surely they would want consumers to know about this but they have remained silent.

I just hope that Selfridges haven't been kept in the dark and this was planned months ago when they thought devices would be available in April.

Or maybe ta the reason for the delay? Maybe the initial shipment of devices were given to Selfridges for UK/Europe and the next production units won't be ready until end of may like Clove are now quoting? Who knows.
    UrbanGlowCam likes this.
    04-19-17 12:21 PM
    Honestly, I wouldn't be making plans until we hear something truly concrete. The store are under the impression that they are selling this device on the 27th, which could be true... But why no word from BBmobile?

Surely they would want consumers to know about this but they have remained silent.

I just hope that Selfridges haven't been kept in the dark and this was planned months ago when they thought devices would be available in April.

Or maybe ta the reason for the delay? Maybe the initial shipment of devices were given to Selfridges for UK/Europe and the next production units won't be ready until end of may like Clove are now quoting? Who knows.
    You've made valid points. Everything you said is true. We won't really know until next week.

But 1 thing I'll say is that. All us BlackBerry fans need to be sensible, unless you live near London don't sacrifice everything to journey to Selfridges Carphone Warehouse. Think twice before buying a plane ticket or something like that!! Selfridges CPW have told two people on this thread that they will have on the 27th but....

For - Selfridges had the Q10 for 2 exclusive days, in April 2013 and sold out in 2 hours. No other store had it.

Against - TCL/BlackBerry Mobile are so quiet! They've not said anything, not even to business clients. Europe has had no news, Cistuli only mentioned USA & Canada in his "infamous" tweet. John Chen said April/May for global too.
    04-19-17 12:32 PM
    Well... Team Crackberry UK Selfridges meet up - Status: Pending

UK - 9900 -Playbook (retired) - Q10 - Passport SE (1) - Passport SE (2) - *KEYone (hopefully)
    Pez1983 likes this.
    04-19-17 12:58 PM
    Right, I just went to Carphone Warehouse in Selfridges at 8pm. They said they will have it on the 27th April. Just that they have no details on price, price plans etc. Those details may come in next week. They are the only place in the UK to have on the 27th April. They don't the amount of stock they will have. All they know is that it's been confirmed for the 27th April in-store, not online.
    04-19-17 02:17 PM
    I'll nip out of work, get on the tube to selfridges then! Wonder what time...

UK - 9900 -Playbook (retired) - Q10 - Passport SE (1) - Passport SE (2) - *KEYone (hopefully)
    04-19-17 03:00 PM
    Again, I have no idea why anyone is pestering retailers for a release date when TCL itself hasn't announced anything...
    04-19-17 03:05 PM
    I'd want to know why they are sure they're going to be selling something in a week but don't know what their price is or what plans they are offering with it. I'd also asked them how many they have on order.
    04-19-17 03:11 PM
    Unlocked mobiles are saying May 5th on the website.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-17 03:21 PM
    Unlocked mobiles are saying May 5th on the website.

Posted via CB10
    Hmm, unlocked mobiles, clove are quite dubious atm.
    04-19-17 03:27 PM
    Anyone noticed that
    https://www.blackberrymobile.com/uk/#

Only has Carphone Warehouse for pre order. Maybe on the 26th April, all registrants will get a surprise email saying it's available in selfridges London?!?!
    04-19-17 03:33 PM
    Hmm, unlocked mobiles, clove are quite dubious atm.
    Here's what I think: Selfridges first then CPW/Curry's/PCWorld then Unlocked mobiles then Clove. Reason is that the part of Selfridges that sells BlackBerry phones is actually CPW. With the Q10 and the pp and Classic, Selfridges were selling them 2/3 days before the main CPW stores. CPW also own Unlocked Mobiles and CPW, Unlocked Mobiles, Curry's and PCWorld are all part of the Dixon's Carphone group. I.e. The big boys. Clove is way down the list. I think 27/4 for Selfridges, then 3/4 of May for CPW and 07/5 for Curry's / PCWorld/unlocked mobiles and finally the third raters like Clove will get it at the end of May if the inventory level permits. Certainly, if I were BlackBerry Mobile, i'd want to prioritise distribution to the big hitters first. Just my two pence. If i'm right, you saw it here first folks lol.

Posted via CB10
    ikeloyalBB likes this.
    04-19-17 03:39 PM
    Here's what I think: Selfridges first then CPW/Curry's/PCWorld then Unlocked mobiles then Clove. Reason is that the part of Selfridges that sells BlackBerry phones is actually CPW. With the Q10 and the pp and Classic, Selfridges were selling them 2/3 days before the main CPW stores. CPW also own Unlocked Mobiles and CPW, Unlocked Mobiles, Curry's and PCWorld are all part of the Dixon's Carphone group. I.e. The big boys. Clove is way down the list. I think 27/4 for Selfridges, then 3/4 of May for CPW and 07/5 for Curry's / PCWorld/unlocked mobiles and finally the third raters like Clove will get it at the end of May if the inventory level permits. Certainly, if I were BlackBerry Mobile, i'd want to prioritise distribution to the big hitters first. Just my two pence. If i'm right, you saw it here first folks lol.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. Selfridges always get BlackBerry phones first
    04-19-17 03:41 PM
    Does it not seem odd that with the current rumoured dates that selfridges would be getting the K1 almost a month before everyone else? What other phone releases have had a similar rollout to gardener's theory?
    04-19-17 04:01 PM
    BlackBerry Q10
    04-19-17 04:03 PM
    I'll presume selfriges still have the original date and that's what the staff are relaying. Maybe they have not got the memo yet that it's been delayed.

Hope I'm wrong but I'm not overly enthusiastic.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-17 04:15 PM
    I'll presume selfriges still have the original date and that's what the staff are relaying. Maybe they have not got the memo yet that it's been delayed.

Hope I'm wrong but I'm not overly enthusiastic.

Posted via CB10
    This is exactly where I'm at.
    Just seems a little strange that they would have it so much sooner than everywhere else, including US / Canadian markets.

I also wonder if this was the placeholder date that hasn't been changed yet and they're just going off that.

Only reason I say it is because I work for CPW part time of a weekend to go alongside my full time job. And we got comms of KEYone weeks and weeks ago saying people could register interest etc. But there has been nothing further on it as of yet.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see if we get an official announcement.
    04-19-17 04:26 PM

Posted via CB10
    This is the first theory I've read to actually make sense, but then that's the problem with it, nothing TCL have done so far has made much sense. Still hopeful though.

#WorthTheWait #HappyThoughts #desperation

8700» 8310» 9700» 9900» Q10» KEYone (someday)
    04-19-17 06:13 PM
    Apparently you can pre-order the KEYone on Carphone Warehouse UK now. They are saying Delivery on the 5th May. Go to CPW website, search for the KEYone and you can actually buy it sim free but no option for upgrade.
    04-20-17 11:56 AM
    Called it! (more or less)

Posted via CB10
    ikeloyalBB likes this.
    04-20-17 12:20 PM
    Called it! (more or less)

Posted via CB10
    I called that you called it! (more or less, lol)

8700» 8310» 9700» 9900» Q10» KEYone (May 5?)
    guygardner73 likes this.
    04-20-17 01:31 PM
    Yep BB Mobile have confirmed cpw now.
    anon(3641385) and ikeloyalBB like this.
    04-20-17 02:24 PM
    Clove have sent out an email today saying that they are back on the 5th for delivery, what's going on, can they make up their minds.
    04-22-17 11:12 AM
    Clove have sent out an email today saying that they are back on the 5th for delivery, what's going on, can they make up their minds.
    I haven't received an email from Clove. I hope it is the 5th.
    04-22-17 11:26 AM
    Can you pls post this email, i didn't receive it and on their website it still 22 May :-(
    Last edited by hadji; 04-22-17 at 04:36 PM.
    AshMcAuliffe likes this.
    04-22-17 03:41 PM
562 ... 7891011 ...