This post is for design team at BlackBerry. Not sure if too late but please stop making ugly square phones using plastic material. If the idea is to make mass market phone and HOPE it sticks, then you have bigger problems at management level and you need to start looking for a new job. If the design team is incompetent then PLEASE hire engineers out of apple or samsung...yes they'll demand higher pay but at least they won't rely on HOPE. They are the A team and only they can help BlackBerry come out of this spiral downturn.

When people see plastic phones, regardless of high end plastic material, they automatically think it's the 90s/ Nokia era. People WILL NOT chose a plastic square phone from 90s when they have option of choosing a aluminum/glass design for same or cheaper cost.

You didn't learn your lessons from failure of Priv, Z10, PP, Q5, Q10, and Z30 so not sure what it will take to push this through your thick incompetent heads. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-16 11:54 AM
    Don't worry, the Vienna isn't a thing.
    04-25-16 12:07 PM
    This post is for design team at BlackBerry. Not sure if too late but please stop making ugly square phones using plastic material. If the idea is to make mass market phone and HOPE it sticks, then you have bigger problems at management level and you need to start looking for a new job. If the design team is incompetent then PLEASE hire engineers out of apple or samsung...yes they'll demand higher pay but at least they won't rely on HOPE. They are the A team and only they can help BlackBerry come out of this spiral downturn.

When people see plastic phones, regardless of high end plastic material, they automatically think it's the 90s/ Nokia era. People WILL NOT chose a plastic square phone from 90s when they have option of choosing a aluminum/glass design for same or cheaper cost.

You didn't learn your lessons from failure of Priv, Z10, PP, Q5, Q10, and Z30 so not sure what it will take to push this through your thick incompetent heads. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    Odd, Samsungs have all been plastic up until their latest phones, and BB's have been metal up until their latest phones. So are you saying the BB Q10, Classic, and Passport SE sell better than all of the plastic Samsungs that came before?

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    04-25-16 12:22 PM
    High-end design isn't something they are going to be able to do. If you are making hundreds of millions of phones then you can do a lot more custom design work than if you are making 1 or 2 million. You can tell that BlackBerry's design is outsourced to the manufacturers because the hardware design is all over the place - you can't tell that the Classic, Passport, and Priv come from the same company.
    04-25-16 12:33 PM
    The Q5 had better quality control than the Passport, Classic, or Priv.

I don't mind plastic build as long as it's designed properly and put together well. Simple is good. Man, the Q5 was solid for how cheap and light it was.

Give me an Android Q5 with a top-end processor, an lcd screen with good color and mid-range resolution (a la iPhone), and a nice 12mp camera module without the licensed brandnames and silver ring jewelry. Then we're set at something close to a mid-ranged price.
    pizzawheel likes this.
    04-25-16 04:56 PM
    Gold do have a royal feel, but 24K yellow gold are not really appealing. The 10K color is much better looking, but not value as much in terms of gold. Just try to gauge what you consider is non-ugly. beauty is in the eyes of beholder, however, there are something universal appeal in design.
    04-25-16 07:16 PM
    I don't get the disdain for the Passport, Classic and Priv design. I have had several Passports, two Classics and one Priv and none of them feel cheap. Even when I compare them to the Samsung Note 4 and S6 that I've had, and to my wife and daughter's iPhones. The Blackberry phones actually hold up better in use than the iPhones.

I appreciate the sleek iPhone design, but I hated not having a PKB.

Anyway, I didn't find anything to complain about in my BlackBerry phones. Not all are design classics, but I have not had any build issues with any of them.
    04-25-16 08:52 PM
    The disdain is for the poor quality once BlackBerry switched to the new volume rocker with the Passport. And the relocation of the usb port to the bottom.

The Z10, Q10, Q5, Z30 all had superb build quality and longevity. The Q10's double-typing pkb was easily replaced by a user. These things were rock solid and functional. And pretty light. These last forever.

And the Q5 was the toughest of them if you ask me, a cockroach of a phone, and an amazing keyboard that never double-typed.

After that, build quality, quality control, internal longevity...well, there have been major issues. My Passport lasted 6mos before dying permanently, without warning. And button solidness...those flimsy new shiny buttons.
    04-26-16 08:32 AM
    I'm confused...didn't the Passport and Priv win Red Dot Design Awards? Samsung Galaxy looks generic and cheesy in my opinion. Perfect for a sheeple who likes to blend in. Hate the oval shape and it holds lots of fingerprints. IPhone has a great design but it looks stale and bland now. Every phone is super thin metal that feels like plastic...very boring. Using glass weave on the back of the Priv and a beautiful solid metal ibeam design on the Passport contrasting against deep blacks is different and pronounced. Say what you will but I own both a Passport and Priv and I get compliments on the design all the time. I just love looking at these phones.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-26-16 07:27 PM
    The disdain is for the poor quality once BlackBerry switched to the new volume rocker with the Passport. And the relocation of the usb port to the bottom.

The Z10, Q10, Q5, Z30 all had superb build quality and longevity. The Q10's double-typing pkb was easily replaced by a user. These things were rock solid and functional. And pretty light. These last forever.

And the Q5 was the toughest of them if you ask me, a cockroach of a phone, and an amazing keyboard that never double-typed.

After that, build quality, quality control, internal longevity...well, there have been major issues. My Passport lasted 6mos before dying permanently, without warning. And button solidness...those flimsy new shiny buttons.
    I didn't even notice the USB placement. I had both the Z10 and Z30 and liked them, but the change of the USB placement didn't bother me in the least.

As for build issues: I didn't have any on any of the Passports (3) or Classics (2) I had. That said, I know that people did have issues, so I'm not saying you're wrong about them - just that I didn't experience them. I didn't have any double-typing issues except for seeing it on one leaked build that was quickly updated anyway.

I realize that these phones are not easily user-maintained. I liked being able to change the keyboard on my 9900, but I've not had any issues that require replacements, and I doubt the phones are going to be with me for many years, so I'm hoping they won't require any replacements.
    04-27-16 09:02 PM
    It's not ugly, let's call it "unique".

Posted via CB10
    04-29-16 07:22 AM
    Be cautious until the final device comes out. Remember how hideous the Windermere leaks were? The Passport turned out much better.
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    04-29-16 11:01 AM
    I'm confused...didn't the Passport and Priv win Red Dot Design Awards?
    The Red Dot isn't an award you win. It's an obscure award you buy.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-16 07:57 PM