So I've had my new key one 3 days. Have been loving it!

This morning I turn it on and I get a screen I have never seen before: "To Start Android, Enter Password"

What the hell is this? I never set up a password outside of my pin. I would remember, it's only been 3 days! Normally it asks for my PIN on start up and that works fine.

This time my Pin does not work, my google account password does not work, and the phrase "default_password" (which some google searches says might work), does nothing.

I now have 4 tries yet before my phone resets.

This is insane, any advice?

I'm dead in the water right now. I really don't wanna have to set this whole thing up again and then know at any point this might happen again.

07-28-17 06:20 AM
    Didn't you set up a password or PIN to lock your screen?. If so, that should be the password you need.

Posted via CB10 on my awesome BB Passport SE
    07-28-17 06:37 AM
    Sounds like it rebooted over night and needs your pin to get the phone running. It should be your pin you used when you set the phone up. If its not your pin you used when you set the phone up you could have a problem.
    xandros9 likes this.
    07-28-17 06:38 AM
    Yea I use my pin every day during reboot to turn on the phone. It does not work for this screen as it's asking for a "password" not my "pin".

Some google searching shows this as a common thing on androind. Which is reaking crazy. I am on a work trip and having to try and debug this on a hotel computer with no access to my work email, numbers, etc for the rest of this trip.

Any other help is welcome! Has anyone else experienced this?
    07-28-17 06:58 AM
    Alright, called blackberry- no help there.

Just went ahead and wiped the phone, now I have to set it up again.
    sigh
    07-28-17 08:12 AM
    sounds like yuo were mucking around with the security settings! the only way is to wipe the device fresh! install a data bank to store your passwords!
    07-28-17 12:06 PM
    Started a unique update to 10 min ,phone now saying to start android enter your pin ie (1/10)
    01-14-18 05:03 AM
    Started a unique update to 10 min ,phone now saying to start android enter your pin ie (1/10)
    You might wanna start a new thread if your issue is a new one. This thread is over 6 months old, and it looks like you're replying to OP.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-18 05:54 AM
    I have my device set to enter password to power it on type of thing. I love that feature. You must have had to set it up that way, no way it just prompts that without you knowing what the password is, hell it even asks you to verify the password when entered once during the set up for that feature.
    01-14-18 10:03 AM