With the non-support for my BBPPSE from whatsapp June 30th, the Keyone for me is timely.
    I have a steep learning curve , as I have never used an android phone.

But will buy from Amazon as I always so, want to wait until it is about US$500, I paid $480 for my BBPPSE.

Passport Silver Edition 10.3.3.1435
    05-22-17 10:44 AM
    hahaha it is funny though... i told you i was releasing the phone on May, right? well, May 31st still May... but i am getting the phone on June?... but i said available on May, available for you to order it, i didn't break any promises... right right, it was me with my unfunded expectations that when you said available on May was for me to get it on May, silly me... i hope now you stop winning... ok ok i will, but do you have enough stock for all the orders so everyone that will order on May, will get it on June?... well, you will need to order and see but remember, for sure some will and no promises were broken, releasing a phone is very very hard...
    Lmao. So shady games with wording is the way to go. People should have known available means available to order haha. And as an FYI, I'm not whining and personally don't care it it's available or available to order or whatever you want to say in July. I care about how it looks on the device business for the long term.
    And maybe someone should tell other phone manufacturers that available doesn't actually mean you will get the phone. You know, Samsung screwed up big when they said the S8 would be available it April and didn't wait till the last day to let people order it. What were they thinking?
    05-22-17 10:59 AM
    Lmao. So shady games with wording is the way to go. People should have known available means available to order haha. And as an FYI, I'm not whining and personally don't care it it's available or available to order or whatever you want to say in July. I care about how it looks on the device business for the long term.
    And maybe someone should tell other phone manufacturers that available doesn't actually mean you will get the phone. You know, Samsung screwed up big when they said the S8 would be available it April and didn't wait till the last day to let people order it. What were they thinking?
    But if carriers choose to (as the Canadian ones have), they could have them in the stores to pickup on the 31st as well. BlackBerry Mobile can't control that.
    05-22-17 11:04 AM
    But if carriers choose to (as the Canadian ones have), they could have them in the stores to pickup on the 31st as well. BlackBerry Mobile can't control that.
    Yes acrually they can control that as those same carriers thought they would have them in store on April 15th. I believe one of them even tweeted that at one point.
    05-22-17 11:06 AM
    As much as i want this phone, it will be strictly work device. They need to impress with upcoming products to tempt users to switch to a bb as a main device. Awesome first device though.

We want this phone to succeed so bad, that some posts in this forum claiming hat k1 destroys other hig end phones specifically with battery life - knowing its a much snaller low quality screen/specs with atleast a 30% bigger battery than high end devices just shows the blind folds people have put up.

As for us geeks, although im buying on launch date - we all know they will release a follow up device that will be a better revision and possibly a slab to go along. And would not be surprised if it were late this year.
    05-22-17 11:14 AM
    me neither actually... i wish the best to the device and sales, and the company as well because more options is always good for customers, and given the fact that bb is the only one still making pkb, that's our only hope in that niche territory... but there is no way i see this whole process and don't think that yes, it could have been better... actually, i am sure that even them (bb, tcl, bb mobile) know that it could have been better... that's maybe the part where i disagree with some posters on the other side of the fence... some say that nothing was wrong, all was executed to perfection and even on purpose this way... no can do amigo... but hey, it's all good, all opinions are welcome...
    05-22-17 11:52 AM
    I've been keeping up with these forums and they have turned into a place for complaining rather than decent conversation. This may be because I have been in the KEYone forum for a few months now but still a bummer to see.

I too am bummed by lack of communication by BlackBerry Mobile and the release of the device in the states but my life doesn't revolve around getting this device at the end of Mayy or even June. More than anything I'm hoping for SOME sort of marketing campaign when the device is available in the states.
    05-22-17 12:12 PM
    No, the launch was on February 25th. After it was showcased at CES on January 4th, BlackBerry Mobile even had a countdown clock to launch (on blackberrymobile.com and on social media) for the weeks leading up to it. Availability was April, then May, then May 31st. You don't get to do yet another launch. Even the e-mail sent out by Blackberry Mobile on Thursday says "available" on May 31st.

A product is launched when it's released.

The Keyone was announced on 25th Feb and it'll launch in the US on 31st May.
    05-22-17 12:46 PM
    It will be on sale I the US on the 31st from Amazon.com.
    Man, I hope you're right. I like your reasoning and rather logical. You've just added another URL i'll be clicking on the 31st. along with the bb and tmobile sites. Thanks. Anyone have any info on Tmobile being confirmed to be carrying it? The first week in June would be great. I'll say how about 50% odds to have it in hand by the end of the first week of June? (the 18th Canada day coming through has me hopeful).
    05-22-17 12:56 PM
    Too many uses of the words "apologists" and "whiners".

Thread closed.
    05-22-17 01:16 PM
110 ... 345