I'm really thinking about getting a K1 but am curious about the typing/writing experience. My thought would be that the K1 gives you more screen real estate and hence is a better writing experience, as opposed to half of the screen being cut off by the digital keypad. See the attached pic.

Thoughts?
    08-31-17 12:59 PM
    If writing is your focus... it would defiantly be worth giving it a shot.

If you bought an all touch the size of the KEYone... is the keyboard really that much smaller? Me I'd rather have a temp keyboard, but then typing is't my main focus.
    Byrese likes this.
    08-31-17 03:08 PM
    Hammering out long emails, for example, is actually kind of fun. Hard to imagine a better device for you.

Sent from my BlackBerry KEYone - the most elegantly productive, secure and utterly satisfying mobile device
    08-31-17 03:43 PM
    Iv been bitten by the physical keyboard bug again. It will take some getting used to , but once u do its just the best.

I live in fear of a future where there are no PKB's. It's disrupting my sleep patterns and interfering with my waking thoughts.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-31-17 04:12 PM
    I've always a PKB person, so I've been a BB ever since. When I'm IMing people they can't keep up with me when were getting on a conversation since typing is so easy and fast. One of my friends said she cant keep up when we have a "conversation" because she can't type as fast with her iPhone, she thought she could type fast.

The fact that you can almost type with your eyes closed is awesome.
    08-31-17 04:17 PM
    The only way to roll. Emails, notes, texts are all thought-out, correct and have some substance again. So very nice!!!
    08-31-17 04:20 PM
    And u forget the main reason for the PKB.

EVERYONE will think you are a powerful CEO. Proven to be true!!
    08-31-17 04:23 PM
    I saw someone typing on an iPhone and saw how much room the on-screen keyboard was taking away from the view.

Much nicer to have a longer view with the pkb on KEYone!!
    FF22 and Neville A Daniels like this.
    08-31-17 04:53 PM
    The capacitive elements of the keyboard are not that good and require further development. However, I still much prefer the PKB over the VKB for size, efficiency and accuracy. It is though really worth going through all the keyboard settings carefully to maximise your experience.
    08-31-17 08:14 PM
    The "key" thing for me - especially for long messages or emails - is accuracy. A pkb is much better getting things right the first time around.
    08-31-17 09:04 PM
    The only way to roll. Emails, notes, texts are all thought-out, correct and have some substance again. So very nice!!!
    I always have misspellings in my texts and posts. Alwwasy
    Smokeaire likes this.
    08-31-17 10:40 PM
    For me, the big difference is the tactile feedback and the fact that you don't have to deal with autocorrect picking the wrong words.

My overall speed is about the same with a PKB as a VK, but it's more consistent with the PKB and a lot less annoying.
    Byrese likes this.
    08-31-17 10:40 PM
    No doubts the clicky feel of the keyboard is really nice. But I find myself pounding out longer and accurate responses to emails and texts now.
    09-01-17 02:07 AM
    the predictions and claim to remember your patterns is grossly exaggerated..
    09-01-17 05:42 AM
    I saw someone typing on an iPhone and saw how much room the on-screen keyboard was taking away from the view.

Much nicer to have a longer view with the pkb on KEYone!!
    Especially for Facebook and linkedin microscreens
    09-01-17 05:49 AM
    Love typing on the PKB, but equally appreciate the keyboard for the shortcuts, which allow me to easily and quickly navigate between apps with one hand. So I am using that keyboard constantly. Would definitely recommend getting the KEYone!
    FF22 likes this.
    09-01-17 06:00 AM
    All good stuff y'all. Well I'm gonna go to the store today and see if I can resist the temptation to buy one at ATT. I really don't want to leave TMO though.
    phuoc likes this.
    09-01-17 11:46 AM
    compared to vkb and pkb is good when used to it. After using u can type automatically without seeing the keys. Gives more productivity and also less errors.
    09-01-17 12:34 PM