I'm seeking advice on buying a Blackberry android device that could be suitable for my part-time job: I am a blogger on WordPress platform; my work consists of writing detailed reviews about various services. I'm not looking for a phone with the best blogging camera; I am looking for one with great typing experience (I don't like typing on a laptop. I just use the laptop to publish the articles).

I was doing all this on my BlackBerry Z30 before it started acting up (problems connecting to the Internet). I am looking for a phone with similar typing experience---great virtual keyboard with efficient functionalities such as copy and paste, edit, etc. I don't know whether the Keyone or the Motion could meet my needs. Any help according to your experience on both devices?

Posted via CB10
    04-09-18 07:23 AM
    i've used z30, passport silver edition, and currently keyone (silver).. for me, pkb is hands down better for me personally because I do like the tactile feeling whilst typing...
    04-09-18 08:26 AM
    I'm seeking advice on buying a Blackberry android device that could be suitable for my part-time job: I am a blogger on WordPress platform; my work consists of writing detailed reviews about various services. I'm not looking for a phone with the best blogging camera; I am looking for one with great typing experience (I don't like typing on a laptop. I just use the laptop to publish the articles).

I was doing all this on my BlackBerry Z30 before it started acting up (problems connecting to the Internet). I am looking for a phone with similar typing experience---great virtual keyboard with efficient functionalities such as copy and paste, edit, etc. I don't know whether the Keyone or the Motion could meet my needs. Any help according to your experience on both devices?

Posted via CB10
    If you need a VKB, no point debating the KEYᴼᴺᴱ. The motion is your only option as of now.

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.3.2163
    04-09-18 09:11 AM
    If you need a VKB, no point debating the KEYᴼᴺᴱ. The motion is your only option as of now.

I realize I mentioned the virtual keyboard. But I am not choosing the VKB over the PKB. All I need is a Blackberry device with a great keyboard; it doesn't matter if it is physical or virtual one. I would then appreciate an updated reply from you.
    04-09-18 09:29 AM
    I am a student. I can say that my experience for using the Keyone for school purposes has been fantastic. I used to use a passport and a Priv for its physical keyboard for the same reason. I am the most productive with the Keyone's keyboard.

I have typed school papers with my Keyone because I am faster typing on the Keyone vs a laptop (sad I know). So if I were a blogger, I would definitely consider the Keyone to help assist with writing your blogs and articles. Good luck with your search.
    04-09-18 09:34 AM
    I realize I mentioned the virtual keyboard. But I am not choosing the VKB over the PKB. All I need is a Blackberry device with a great keyboard; it doesn't matter if it is physical or virtual one. I would then appreciate an updated reply from you.
    While I haven't used the Motion, but have used the Z30 and the KEYᴼᴺᴱ.
    Personally I anyday prefer the PKB. The shortcuts, the accuracy. And with the touch sensitive capabilities of the KEYᴼᴺᴱ's keyboard it imbibes the best of VKB as well (Swipe to auto complete, swipe to delete etc)
    Also with the KEYᴼᴺᴱ you also have the choice to use the VKB (would really reduce the screen space and is pointless from a long term perspective but hey the option is there for the occasions you might need it)

IndianTiwari likes this.
    04-09-18 09:39 AM
    In my opinion, the VKB on my Z30 was about as good as a virtual keyboard gets, but I personally find typing on the KEYone to be quicker and much more accurate.
    04-09-18 09:55 AM
    If you are blogging there is no better device than the KEYone. You may be fast with the VKB but you will never be as accurate and fast as you can be with the PKB no matter how good the autocorrect is.
    04-09-18 09:58 AM
    K1 makes a superbly precise double thumber. It's single thumb capable but double thumbers seem to be the target market. Like several good PKB models, if you let muscle memory learn the keys, you'll find yourself focusing less on thumb placement and more on content generation. Possibly till typing becomes quite relaxing. Imo. Type & shortcut by feel is best on PKB, imo.

I've used, and still own, Z30 and Dtek60. My order of typing preference is 9900, Classic, K1, Passport, Z30, D60. I still prefer 9900/Classic trackpad for editing but those are legacy platforms. K1's PKB, shortcuts and flick typing might just make a superb choice for blogging. ??

All that said, I've not even held a Motion, so... Fwiw. As you can tell by my handset collection, my approach to "tools of the trade" is to purchase and compare... It's your livelihood, after all. Better to KNOW what optimizes your proficiency at it, than to "hope".
    04-09-18 10:29 AM
    Lionel-

I can echo what these guys are saying too. I have a Key One. I've had a mix of different types of phones over the years including BB Curves, Siemens SX66, Samsung, Windows 10 Lumina, etc.

Once the muscle memory kicks in you'll be golden. I do have a few questions for you though.

Do you know what they are referring to when they say 'touch sensitive' keys?

Do you not type on a laptop because it is too big, prefer thumbing it, never took typing lessons, or what? Just asking - not trying to be a ****.

Also, maybe it wasn't you but will you be using two hands? One handed typing on a Key One is pretty difficult IMO if not impossible. Unless maybe it is flat on a table. It is a heavy phone and the keys are all at the bottom of course which means it is hard to hold and type one handed. That's all I was trying to say.
    04-09-18 12:43 PM
    I'd also be curious how long of blogs are you writing? I use the keyONE but definitely feel after some extended typing that my thumbs do get a little tired or sore.

It is, however, far more accurate. I'm definitely not as fast but I wouldn't say it's drastically behind.

The BB vkb is also fairly good. I think it has one of the best prediction models out there.

I think either is a fantastic choice for typing on and ultimately comes down to your preference of a vkb versus a pkb.
    04-09-18 02:24 PM
    I'd also be curious how long of blogs are you writing? I use the keyONE but definitely feel after some extended typing that my thumbs do get a little tired or sore.

It is, however, far more accurate. I'm definitely not as fast but I wouldn't say it's drastically behind.

The BB vkb is also fairly good. I think it has one of the best prediction models out there.

I think either is a fantastic choice for typing on and ultimately comes down to your preference of a vkb versus a pkb.
    It sounds like you need a personal trainer for your thumbs
    04-09-18 11:53 PM
    It sounds like you need a personal trainer for your thumbs
    I did hire one. Just need to get these things whipped into shape.
    Carjackd likes this.
    04-10-18 07:00 PM
    Old thumb sometimes feels a bit fumbled in the morning. Lol. Posting on CB provides opportunities for practice. I frequently post here to get thumb "warmed up" over breakfast and during slow times throughout the day. Keeps muscle memory performance in top form for rapid fire message sessions throughout the day.

Training thumb muscle memory into speech center frees up cognitive processing for more effective troubleshooting sessions, in my case. Skills that might one day become ubiquitous as humanity incorporates the technology into daily life...?? Imo. Next year, next decade, next century?? Remember it was predicted here!! Haha...
    Last edited by idssteve; 04-10-18 at 11:08 PM.
    04-10-18 10:54 PM
    I write a blog as well, and have no problems with the keyboard, it's a lot easier than virtual. Coming from a Passport, the biggest improvement though is that the WordPress app actually works properly.
    04-11-18 07:20 AM
    I have the KeyOne and love it, but for typing experience alone, nothing beats the Passport. I wrote a research paper on it.

I have the 4/64 KeyOne, with glossy keys. Swiping on the keyboard can be sticky, and swiping up to select the middle suggested word doesn't always work. Also, punctuation marks are never suggested, as they were on the Passport.

All BlackBerry phones learn your writing style, and suggested words become more and more appropriate. I have swiped entire sentences. But the keyboard itself is better on the Passport, even without the 4th row (you swipe down for the alt keyboard and again for the sym keyboard). After the Passport, smaller keyboards feel cramped. And as a bonus, the Passport has great speakers (yes, stereo) and a microphone, so it's excellent for phone calls and just playing music.
    04-11-18 08:47 AM

All BlackBerry phones learn your writing style, and suggested words become more and more appropriate.
    Although let's be honest here: the number of people in the world who are really trying to type "ducking" is very few indeed...
    the_boon likes this.
    04-11-18 08:50 AM
    180.000 words in 6 months with K1's pkb.

great device
    04-11-18 09:00 AM