I've been watching KeyOne reviews on YouTube. Many people claim they can type faster on an iPhone or Samsung touch screen, and that it's SLOWER to type on a BlackBerry. Does anyone agree with this?

For me, I find that I type with speed and accuracy on my BlackBerry. I'd rather type out long scripts or documents on my BlackBerry than an iPhone or Android any day!

Posted via CB10
    Nathan Conley likes this.
    07-31-17 03:11 PM
    We spent 6 years billeting hockey players (18 - 21 years old). Most of them seem to be able to type more quickly on their screens than I can on my keyboard.

However, I myself, CANNOT hardly type on a screen. Period. Especially on something like an iPhone 5, which has that stupid narrow screen. If I turn it sideways then it's just a shade too wide.

So, physical keyboards for me!
    jamesharmeling and BBRYQ10 like this.
    07-31-17 03:14 PM
    Totally disagree..... Yeah try typing fast and let us know how much typing error there is!?
    I'm a pretty fast natural typist and can g out fast typing on a slab! The problem is the os can't keep up with me how fast I type and delays equal typing errors! I type fast and accurately and eventhough, I still get tons of time wasting backspacing to correct errors! So a keyboard is much faster!
    Last edited by cellphonejunkey; 08-02-17 at 01:14 AM.
    07-31-17 03:42 PM
    A new colleague said to me, so your typing fast and i was not even trying to type fast on my Priv!
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    07-31-17 04:29 PM
    I type with less errors using a PKB compared to a touchscreen, but that's me. A lot of folks I know have adapted quite well to a touchscreen device and would never go back a using a PKB. It's a personal preference thing.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    07-31-17 04:35 PM
    It's not only the speed. We just like the touch of the phisical keyboard. I never used a touch device as my main phone. Have used the Nokia E71 until 6 weeks ago because that was the best keyboard. Used a Nokia lumia also, but I just don't like touch typing. Allthough in they end I think everone could switch to touch and get used to it. But as long there is a choice I prefer physical . Never used a BlackBerry.
    07-31-17 05:33 PM
    I am sure that it's not the same for anyone.
    I have used also besides physical keyboards phones with touch screen , such the storm, the iPhone, the Z10 and the Z30. It was hard in the beginning but I have been well adapted to to the touch screen and managed to write really very fast !
    I was back in physical keyboards with the Passport and then never looked back !
    It's not only the speed that is , at least for me, higher but also the accuracy but most importantly is the feeling!!
    07-31-17 05:57 PM
    I go back and forth between my Keyone and iPhone 7 (work phone). I type way faster on the iPhone 7 for sure.
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    08-01-17 03:26 AM
    Try typing on a touch screen while walking.
    08-01-17 04:44 AM
    Me too, I type faster on glass (no autocorrection, no predictive text).

But its way more stressful (too much eyes on the keyboard to catch / correct errors) than typing on a PKB.
    So, since my job is also about writing text, technical, precise text, its nice to be able to do it on a phone, and without eyes strain.
    08-01-17 09:01 AM
    As I type this on my BlackBerry classic, I can honestly say I type way faster on a touch screen device with a good keypad (blackberry virtual keyboard is great). I still enjoy the physical keys better, but when it comes to speed, there is no comparison with me, and I have been typing on physical BlackBerry keys since 2007 and I thought I was pretty good at it lol. Software enables me to be a little more careless and still fix all of my touch errors. Where as if I mess up on a physical keyboard I have to fix it myself.

Posted with my good ol reliable classic
    08-01-17 09:05 AM
    You may type faster on a touch screen, but in order to type longer and accurately, you'd need buttons, whether it's a computer or a phone.
    08-01-17 09:11 AM
    i have done a few typing contest with friends. me with PKB and them on touchscreen. i aalways beat them by far on speed and accuracy
    FF22 likes this.
    08-01-17 09:15 AM
    type quicker on glass but a much higher accuracy on any blackberry device with a keyboard
    FF22 likes this.
    08-01-17 10:04 AM
    I can type faster on a touch screen but not as accurate when I am on a physical keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-17 06:36 PM
    Laying down characters I am faster on glass, but by the time I correct my errors, I would be ahead on a PKB (and much more satisfied doing it).

Sent from my BlackBerry KEYone - the most elegantly productive, secure and utterly satisfying mobile devices
    08-01-17 10:18 PM
    I've been watching KeyOne reviews on YouTube. Many people claim they can type faster on an iPhone or Samsung touch screen, and that it's SLOWER to type on a BlackBerry. Does anyone agree with this?

For me, I find that I type with speed and accuracy on my BlackBerry. I'd rather type out long scripts or documents on my BlackBerry than an iPhone or Android any day!

Posted via CB10
    I agree with this. You can probably type faster on a touchscreen. Can you type more accurately though? Or without looking? Lol, not even a valid question...
    08-01-17 10:34 PM
    I type way more accurately on a PKB, but that's beside the point. I rarely need to use the flick typing as it tends to slow me down as I have to look at the screen to find where the correct word is. I 'grew up' with BlackBerry keyboard devices, and the muscle memory takes over once I get a good ol' BB PKB in my hands.

Speed is secondary. The 'feel' is what keeps me with PKBs.
    08-01-17 10:39 PM
    I did a test w someone w an iPhone and I couldn't believe she beat me. Her accuracy was excellent.

one of the advantages of the pkb is feel vs eyesight...not necessarily needing glasses or being able to type while not looking at thew screen. These keys on the Keyone are perfect for me, as is the touch and feel.
    08-01-17 11:16 PM
    We spent 6 years billeting hockey players (18 - 21 years old). Most of them seem to be able to type more quickly on their screens than I can on my keyboard.

However, I myself, CANNOT hardly type on a screen. Period. Especially on something like an iPhone 5, which has that stupid narrow screen. If I turn it sideways then it's just a shade too wide.

So, physical keyboards for me!
    OHL?
    08-02-17 12:06 AM
    I can type pretty fast on a touch keyboard, but overall there is a heavy reliance on auto correct to fix the many routine typos. On the other hand, using a pkb allows you to be fast and accurate. If I had to choose, the pkb us the best typing experience to me.
    08-02-17 12:49 AM
    OHL?
    No - Saskatchewan Junior Hockey League (SJHL). That's Junior "A", one step below the OHL.
    Still pretty entertaining hockey - these guys are mostly gunning for scholarships - our team (Flin Flon Bombers) currently have 5 players from the last 2 years going to NCAA Division 1 schools on scholarships, as well as a 6th player going to a NCAA Div 3 school.

We actually have a player from last year, who is on a Div 1 scholarship currently, who got invited to a Calgary Flames camp this summer.
    Smith Attends Flames Development Camp
    08-02-17 08:01 AM
    No - Saskatchewan Junior Hockey League (SJHL). That's Junior "A", one step below the OHL.
    Still pretty entertaining hockey - these guys are mostly gunning for scholarships - our team (Flin Flon Bombers) currently have 5 players from the last 2 years going to NCAA Division 1 schools on scholarships, as well as a 6th player going to a NCAA Div 3 school.

We actually have a player from last year, who is on a Div 1 scholarship currently, who got invited to a Calgary Flames camp this summer.
    Omg this is crazy. I tried out in flin flon 2 years ago and I lived with Alex Smith. My one billet's name was Chris, I believe he worked at Ford. I can't quite remember the woman's name. They didn't actually live together but Chris was often coming and going. She had a little dog.
    08-02-17 08:14 AM

I played junior in Ontario but I was contacted by a scout for flin flon in Ontario named Trevor, as well as Mike Reagan. I came out there and eventually made the wrong decision to come back home.
    08-02-17 08:19 AM
    Omg this is crazy. I tried out in flin flon 2 years ago and I lived with Alex Smith. My one billet's name was Chris, I believe he worked at Ford. I can't quite remember the woman's name. They didn't actually live together but Chris was often coming and going. She had a little dog.
    Wow, it's a small, strange world!
    Yes, I know Chris - he has billeted for a while, really a good guy.
    I didn't know Smitty off the ice, but my son would know him, he's one of the team chaplains.

Sad to hear that you didn't make the team, hopefully hockey has treated you well, and KEEP ROCKING THAT BLACKBERRY!
    08-02-17 08:20 AM
45 12