I discovered this by accident. When I received my KEYᵒⁿᵉ I thought I would set up the Fingerprint unlock with my right thumb. When I was halfway through I decided that since I hold my phone in my left hand I should use my left thumb. So I finished the setup with my left thumb.
    To my surprise I discovered I can now unlock using either thumb. I didn't have to go through a second setup for the left thumb.
    Just thought some users might find this useful.
    FF22 and JOHNGAETANO like this.
    10-03-17 09:06 AM
    Not me. I guess my thumb patterns aren't close enough.
    10-03-17 09:08 AM
    Or you have fat thumbs kidding
    10-03-17 09:27 AM
    I don't quite remember exactly how I did it. I think I stopped halfway with my right thumb halfway rotated and then started with my left thumb in the same position I stopped with the right.
    10-03-17 10:05 AM
    I would go ahead and delete that and just set up two new patterns, one for the right thumb, and one for the left.

The fingerprint scanner is supposed to be always getting a little more accurate, and tracks changes over time.

This way it will not be doing it's job right and one day you might wake up to neither thumb working.
    tigrute likes this.
    10-03-17 10:30 AM
    I think I tried doing that - just to see what would happen. But it would not take the change of finger at all in my case.
    10-03-17 12:38 PM
    I think I tried doing that - just to see what would happen. But it would not take the change of finger at all in my case.
    As I wrote in my original post this was not my original intent. As I was not trying to do this I don't remember exactly what I did to achieve this serendipitous result. Who knows, if I tried it now it might not work.
    Last edited by Smokeaire; 10-04-17 at 10:14 AM.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-04-17 06:45 AM
    Just a brief update. I received my Key² yesterday and I was able to register both my thumb prints during the fingerprint setup just as I did my KEYᵒⁿᵉ. Since I did that by accident on my KEYᵒⁿᵉ I wasn't sure if it would work on the Key². It did. Nice.
    07-14-18 06:35 AM
    I have registered two thumbs and two fingers (4 finger prints) on my KEYᵒⁿᵉ.. I can use any one to unlock my device.. I use left hand while driving. You can register multiple fingerprints, its a normal feature on most of the Android devices..
    07-14-18 07:27 AM
    Sorry I thought you meant something else.. My bad... you mean you completed the one setup with both thumbs and now you can unlock your device with either one?? Well that might be a security flaw.. Again sorry for jumping in without reading the post properly.. :-)
    07-14-18 07:33 AM
    Sorry I thought you meant something else.. My bad... you mean you completed the one setup with both thumbs and now you can unlock your device with either one?? Well that might be a security flaw.. Again sorry for jumping in without reading the post properly.. :-)
    Not a problem. I doubt it's a security flaw as the finger print reader rejects all of my other finger prints and my wife's prints. It just might be how it saves the prints, maybe in sectors.
    07-14-18 07:36 AM