My venerable old Bold has finally bitten the dust and now only shows the white screen of death. I would love to be able to transfer my contact list from back up data to my new keyone but have no idea of how, as I can not download the required app to my original phone. I would even do it manually if I had any idea how to access the data on my pc. I have back ups in both the bbb format and in ipd. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    10-09-19 08:01 PM
    BB Desktop backups are useless without a working device (they're only good for restoring to a working device), and they're encrypted, and in a proprietary format anyway.

It may be necessary to buy a replacement device to restore your backup to, and THEN use BB Transfer to move your data to the K1.

I really recommend moving to cloud-synced services after you've gotten your data over, which not only gives you constant backups but if you lose or break your phone, you need only log into a new one and all of your email, contacts, calendars, and most other settings can be restored with a single button. When I get a new phone, I simply connect to WiFi, log in, and say "yes" to Restore, and then put the phone down for 30 minutes. When I come back, just about everything will be populated for me. Plus, changes made on the desktop are live-synced to the phone and vice versa, which is very handy.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-10-19 01:38 AM
    Which service do you use?
    10-10-19 10:54 AM
    Which service do you use?
    I've used Google's cloud-services (GMail, Google contacts, Google Calendar, etc.) for 15+ years, so it's super easy on any Android device. But I know Microsoft cloud services (Outlook.com, contacts, calendar) are also well-supported.
    10-14-19 05:39 PM