02-28-17 07:03 PM
31 12
tools
    This site so full of negative stuff about the new BlackBerry KEYone
    For me ...a better reflection of how the phone is being received is Mr Mobiles You tube update
    93k views ...5000 + thumbs up....a mere 57 thumbs down
    Says a lot about the bigger picture....
    02-26-17 04:16 AM
    Thank you for posting this. Could you provide a link to the vid mentioned please.

(And yes, whenever bb does something grand then the negative rent a crowd converges again on cb!)
    02-26-17 05:16 AM
    That's a fair point BUT how many of those people will thumbs up and buy one. That's the thing with youtube. Videos can get 1 million thumbs up, it doesn't mean every thumbs up is a sale.
    MTBBguy likes this.
    02-26-17 05:24 AM
    The KEYone is the perfect phone for me.

Ticks so many boxes such as:

Unique design (pkb and grippy back to name a few)
    Long battery life
    Great camera on both sides ( at least shows promise)
    Multi colour LED
    FM radio (love it on my classic)
    Security is key

I'm hoping for wider availability near me. Maybe on contract

Posted via CB10
    02-26-17 05:27 AM
    Yep, the keyone ticks all my boxes too
    Pez1983 and shredney like this.
    02-26-17 05:36 AM

Long battery life
    Multi colour LED
    Security is key

Posted via CB10
    All of the above !
    Pez1983 likes this.
    02-26-17 05:38 AM
    Finally, some positivity thread for the KEYone

Posted via CB10
    02-26-17 05:42 AM
    What bugs me is that people see that the processor isn't the newest and highest end on the market and suddenly the phone cannot be wort more than 400€ in their mind!
    The 625 is a really good processor (yes, not the best), and the rest of the specs are awesome!
    Awesome camera
    Awesome battery
    awesome PKB
    all hands-on videos I've seen compliment the build and also the Nougat build

And honestly, the price isn't too high for nearly the onle PKB phone on the market!
    And let's be honest, that's the key feature here, if the PKB is of no interest to you, this is not the right phone for you!
    If it is, you can choose the Priv or this and this looks amazing
    02-26-17 05:42 AM
    Thank you for posting this. Could you provide a link to the vid mentioned please.

(And yes, whenever bb does something grand then the negative rent a crowd converges again on cb!)
    Copy pasting myself from another thread hehe

from Mr. Mobile

From Android Central

From Engadget

Yeah, we need to counter the negativity! It's simple really, if one wants a pkb phone, this is it!! If you don't need one, there are tons of Android options that will cater to your budget + specs needs!
    02-26-17 05:57 AM
    That's a fair point BUT how many of those people will thumbs up and buy one. That's the thing with youtube. Videos can get 1 million thumbs up, it doesn't mean every thumbs up is a sale.
    Haha, bullseye

Posted via CB10
    02-26-17 05:59 AM
    Bet the 57 thumbs down were all BB10 people who have not moved on ,
    Over 100k views well over 5000± likes

Says it all

This product will sell ...and sell well
    02-26-17 06:10 AM

Long battery life
    Multi colour LED
    Security is key

Posted via CB10
    Likewise!

Passport/CB10 on Bell
    02-26-17 08:58 AM
    A lot of reviewers are paid to bash any blackberry device they get, that's business.

Passport/CB10 on Bell
    02-26-17 08:59 AM
    I watched and read some of the stuff on here and waited throughout the night to start posting. Knew there would be a big negativity here on CB, we were all pretty vocal the price the device released at was key and I feel a lot of CB users are a little bummed at the price.

That being said I know there are a lot of people on here that are excited and happy about the official news. I too watched Mr. Mobile's 5 minute review and liked it a lot. More than anything I'm looking forward to CB Kevin's extensive review that will probably take near 15 minutes to read.
    jakie55 and falbo like this.
    02-26-17 09:37 AM
    Exactly!!
    The media is responding very well. People are excited. I'm sick of the people on here who want a flagship but only want to pay $499.

Posted via CB10
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    02-26-17 09:48 AM
    It has FM radio! I am in!

Posted via CB10
    02-26-17 10:15 AM
    It has FM radio! I am in!

Posted via CB10
    Glad to hear this as it's a great addition to have, the k1 looks good to me
    02-26-17 10:23 AM
    Yeah, we need to counter the negativity! It's simple really, if one wants a pkb phone, this is it!! If you don't need one, there are tons of Android options that will cater to your budget + specs needs!
    I want a PKB phone, but I already have one and paid too much for it, so it's not going anywhere yet for me to pay for another one that I will pay too much.
    02-26-17 10:32 AM
    I agree with a lot of what has been said on here. A lot of negativity about cost vs specs...

I don't fully understand the relevance of ensuring it has the highest / super specs. As long as it's reliable and can hold it's own then that's good enough for me. It doesn't need 6GB RAM or 821 / 835 SoC. If it did, I am sure Blackberry would have fitted it with it.

I don't intend to play hardcore gaming or do hours of UHD Video recording. That's not what this handset has been marketed for or designed to do. BB / TCL themselves have said, these users were not considered when this handset was conceived and designed. It's about something totally different. If it's not what people want, then buy a different phone. How many people actually use their phones to the limits of capability anyway?? I would describe myself as a pretty heavy user... My Priv died as did my classic so am back to using an iPhone. I can kill that by lunch time... I don't think I even come close to pushing that phone to it's processing limits...

Regardless of how many e-mails and messages you receive in a day. I doubt the 625SoC will struggle with them. I want a phone that is going to not have me reaching for the charger every lunchtime, or overheats and crashes every time I push it a little bit. That's what I think this phone is about...

I am as excited as a young kid at Christmas for this phone. £499 GBP... Yup! I'm willing to pay that for this device. In a heart beat. It might not offer the highest of specs available. I know that! I'm not paying my £499 for that. I am paying for the build quality, the reliability, the battery life, the PKB and yes... I am paying it for the Blackberry legacy it has with it. What it lacks in raw power, I feel it more than makes up for elsewhere. To me, that's the justification for the price.

I can't wait for it to come out... I also quite enjoy the fact it is not as popular as the iPhone or Samsung group. Makes it a more niche device and wows people when they see it. I enjoy the fact that it's different...
    02-26-17 10:38 AM
    Copy pasting myself from another thread hehe

from Mr. Mobile

From Android Central

From Engadget

Those are probably the most FAVE vids of the Keyone
    02-26-17 10:42 AM

Long battery life
    Multi colour LED
    Security is key

Posted via CB10
    Same boxes I've ticked. Love it.
    02-26-17 10:44 AM

Long battery life
    Multi colour LED
    Security is key

Posted via CB10
    Ditto
    02-26-17 10:45 AM
    Exactly!!
    The media is responding very well. People are excited. I'm sick of the people on here who want a flagship but only want to pay $499.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed!

Well they want to pay $99 for a flagship.
    02-26-17 10:47 AM
    Exactly!!

Posted via CB10
    I think it is far from a flagship device. A high mid grade device sure but not flagship in the least. Now in the keyboard market it has no competition so I guess you could call it whatever you like. I love BlackBerry and always will and will buy this device when it comes out. The processor number to me at the end of the day doesn't mean anything. As long as the experience of the software melded with it is smooth and fluid I don't care if it's the 625, 821, 835....and so on. I understand many here think the price is justifiable....I don't. If the new BlackBerry mobile thinks like the old BlackBerry that well it's the only PKB device out there and that alone or the BlackBerry name itself will justify the price then they are wrong....Very wrong. I think 549 is a very high price point when you had the BlackBerry Classic release on Verizon at 350. 449 or 499 would have satisfied most folks I believe. Don't for one second confuse my statements though I will purchase this decide at 549 or not but I have that money to spend. It's an interesting device and I can not wait to get my hands on it and see if the PKB can live up to my BlackBerry devices of the past. Excited for actual release!
    02-26-17 11:08 AM
    Now to just make those YouTube likes turn into buys. I just have to say despite the negativity I think this device is great.
    02-26-17 11:17 AM
31 12