Man what a world we live in. Just the word blackberry is enough to get people in a frenzy and look of disgust. My wife was considering buying a pixel and other android phones, and i tried to talk to her about the keyone and she wouldn't even give me the chance to explain the benefits and why she would be better off with it. First thing she says is " buttons! how retro..". Do most people think its retro and old to see buttons on a device? and after that any words out of my mouth just lead to her yelling at me. All i wanted is a minute but people are stubborn and are caught up in the following with the trends of society to fit in. I was at the store staring at the long showcase of phones, and between a long list of rectangular screens the keyone stands out, a beautiful looking device all alone trying to fit in. My heart hurt a little, i really want the phone and for people to get the stigma out of their head and give it a chance and think for themselves about what a phone is and should be.
    07-09-17 10:25 PM
    Exactly.

Brand reputation goes a long way. Half the people don't buy iPhone because they need it. They get it because it's the mainstream 'must have' phone. That's why people will settle with the SE or even the 6 now that's it coming back as a lower-tiered option.

Same thing when you think Android. Samsung pops in your head, but there are other noble devices that look as good and function similarly or better.

The majority of the people who get 'off-brand' devices know exactly what they need it for / want it for and the right platform to do it on.

Windows phone had the simplest yet intuitve os I have ever come accross. And BB10 second.

But none of them were marketed right. The exposure wasn't there and so the significance of the branding dint stick.

The only excellent marketing campaign was BBM for Social purposes. It revolutionized the IM experience and is the basis of all IM today.
    07-09-17 10:31 PM
    My wife said that the keyone is to thick, top of the device is ugly and she didn't like the shiny keyboard. She is now using a Nexus 5x and she had a classic before.

I am now using the Priv, and maybe if the price drops to 300/400 euro i will give the KEYone a chance.
    07-10-17 04:18 AM
    I do have time
    07-10-17 04:33 AM
    the same you times a you ain re the still
    07-10-17 04:35 AM
    on on
    07-10-17 04:39 AM
    Exactly.

Brand reputation goes a long way. Half the people don't buy iPhone because they need it. They get it because it's the mainstream 'must have' phone. That's why people will settle with the SE or even the 6 now that's it coming back as a lower-tiered option.

Same thing when you think Android. Samsung pops in your head, but there are other noble devices that look as good and function similarly or better.

The majority of the people who get 'off-brand' devices know exactly what they need it for / want it for and the right platform to do it on.

Windows phone had the simplest yet intuitve os I have ever come accross. And BB10 second.

But none of them were marketed right. The exposure wasn't there and so the significance of the branding dint stick.

The only excellent marketing campaign was BBM for Social purposes. It revolutionized the IM experience and is the basis of all IM today.
    So true!

Posted via CB10
    07-10-17 04:54 AM
    Man what a world we live in. Just the word blackberry is enough to get people in a frenzy and look of disgust. My wife was considering buying a pixel and other android phones, and i tried to talk to her about the keyone and she wouldn't even give me the chance to explain the benefits and why she would be better off with it. First thing she says is " buttons! how retro..". Do most people think its retro and old to see buttons on a device? and after that any words out of my mouth just lead to her yelling at me. All i wanted is a minute but people are stubborn and are caught up in the following with the trends of society to fit in. I was at the store staring at the long showcase of phones, and between a long list of rectangular screens the keyone stands out, a beautiful looking device all alone trying to fit in. My heart hurt a little, i really want the phone and for people to get the stigma out of their head and give it a chance and think for themselves about what a phone is and should be.
    As it is wrote in ancient religious texts, "The greatest trick Steve Jobs ever pulled was convincing the world they didn't need a physical keyboard."
    07-10-17 08:34 AM
    top of the device is ugly
    My wife and I are both Passport owners/users and we looked at the KEYone over the weekend. She thought the same. I'm not crazy about the looks either if truth be told. All in the eye of the beholder.
    pinkvikchick likes this.
    07-10-17 08:37 AM
    I personally think the KEYone is a sharp looking phone in today's slab market. It honestly has form and function.
    Barbareren likes this.
    07-10-17 09:18 AM
    All smartphones look the same to me. People are drooling over the latest Samsung and I think it's boring if not ugly. I also think the K1 is the nicest looking phone on the market. My wife does as well and wants to get one. Matter of opinion.

Sent from my BBB100-1 using CB Forums mobile app
    Barbareren likes this.
    07-10-17 09:26 AM
    It takes a while to get used to a PKB thus most potential buyers would never get past the demo mode.

People who always used a VKB can type really well on it. I can type better on a BlackBerry VKB than I could on my 9900.

Ultimately, BlackBerry needs a good Pixel competitor.

Edit: I think the PKB worked really well on a smaller phone like a 9900.
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 07-10-17 at 11:12 AM.
    07-10-17 10:08 AM
    I like it because I like it, I don't really care what everyone else uses or why they use it.
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    07-10-17 11:31 AM
    I'm with you boss but the world is full of more followers than leaders sadly.
    07-10-17 11:41 AM
    I've had some long time bb users whom have now moved on to iPhone see my keyone this weekend, and even though they like keyboards, think the form factor is odd and it's a heavy device.
    07-10-17 12:41 PM
    Better to let your wife get the phone she wants as opposed to the one you want for her. It's just a phone.
    07-10-17 02:04 PM
    Better to let your wife get the phone she wants as opposed to the one you want for her. It's just a phone.
    Definitely! Lol

Posted via CB10
    07-10-17 02:23 PM
    Some things are not meant to be understood by the masses.

This is the Gianni Agnelli of the phone world.

In terms of style ( note i didnt say fashion ) its in a different universe to the cookie cutter slabs.
    07-10-17 03:21 PM
    People look at phone purchases as a fashion statement. I don't get it, and I never will. If it has a keyboard, a good battery, feels and handles well in one's hand, I don't care if it looks like a turd. To me, the KEYone is batting .1000.
    07-10-17 04:30 PM
    This thread is so funny. "Why won't people buy what I like?" "I love a pkb so everyone else should too!" "People shouldn't judge BlackBerry negatively!"

Priceless.
    07-10-17 04:42 PM
    Well my wife has a PRIV but would love to have a KEYone after seeing me use it from dawn to dawn. But CBK won't give me another one... :-(
    BigBadWulf and gebco like this.
    07-10-17 08:06 PM
    Well my wife has a PRIV but would love to have a KEYone after seeing me use it from dawn to dawn. But CBK won't give me another one... :-(
    Haha! Well, I ended up keeping my Priv and let my daughter have the KEYone.
    07-10-17 11:32 PM
    Haha! Well, I ended up keeping my Priv and let my daughter have the KEYone.
    Have a another Stella on me.
    gebco likes this.
    07-10-17 11:36 PM
    Exactly.

This is classic CrackBerry nonsense. You can fool people once to get them to purchase a product, but it takes a good product and good service to get people to continually buy.

People buy iPhones and Samsung phones because they make a good product.

Or to counter your claim, when people were buying BlackBerry phones back in the day was the general public just so much more informed about what they were purchasing?

I don’t doubt that some people buy iPhones because they feel like they need one, but that’s with any popular product. But do you honestly think that you can get so much more done with a BlackBerry than you can get done with a iPhone or Samsung phone? The answer is, you can’t.

People are loyal to brands because they like what they are buying and are generally happy with it. BlackBerry used to have that loyalty, but they dropped the ball too many times and people had enough of them.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    07-11-17 08:16 AM
    This is classic CrackBerry nonsense. You can fool people once to get them to purchase a product, but it takes a good product and good service to get people to continually buy.

People buy iPhones and Samsung phones because they make a good product.

Or to counter your claim, when people were buying BlackBerry phones back in the day was the general public just so much more informed about what they were purchasing?

I don’t doubt that some people buy iPhones because they feel like they need one, but that’s with any popular product. But do you honestly think that you can get so much more done with a BlackBerry than you can get done with a iPhone or Samsung phone? The answer is, you can’t.

People are loyal to brands because they like what they are buying and are generally happy with it. BlackBerry used to have that loyalty, but they dropped the ball too many times and people had enough of them.
    While I agree that previously they were on par with the branding levels that the tops have, now it's strictly about productivity.

The only reason I don't get work done with the other devices is because on screen keyboard is annoying to type on. Im actually faster on the virtual than the physical.

But the only reason I get stuff done is because I have a keyboard which I can articulate my sentences on with a breeze and even though it'll take me more time to do, it makes it very bearable.
    07-11-17 08:30 AM
28 12