I have received my replacement keyone device. I am having issues transferring the content.
    If I transfer using the Content Transfer, I don't get all my photos. And I have no idea how's to get th m over.

If I do the thing where I hold the phones back to back,itbrings everything over, but my apps are not showing. They show in my Google Play as being installed, and when I open, there is content, but the actual icon for the app is not there.

I have factory reset the new one 4 times and still end up with the same results. Sigh...can you help?

Thanks. If it wasn't for the lifting screen, I'd keep the old one.
    08-04-17 08:13 PM
    I have received my replacement keyone device. I am having issues transferring the content.
    If I transfer using the Content Transfer, I don't get all my photos. And I have no idea how's to get th m over.

If I do the thing where I hold the phones back to back,itbrings everything over, but my apps are not showing. They show in my Google Play as being installed, and when I open, there is content, but the actual icon for the app is not there.

I have factory reset the new one 4 times and still end up with the same results. Sigh...can you help?

Thanks. If it wasn't for the lifting screen, I'd keep the old one.
    I manually move photos (and docs and music and video) using the usb cable.

I suggest the slow process and move photos etc to your computer and then move from the computer to the new phone. You could probably move directly between them if you hook both up to the computer.

Plug in the USB. If you don't see the green half circle (charge mode), swipe down to open your notices. Scroll and find "usb charging" and select. Then select File Transfer and then select Files.... Now in WinExplorer open the device and find the dcim folder where your photos are. Copy to computer. Now plug in the usb to new phone and follow the above, copying photos into the dcim folder.

The icons are probably in the App Drawer - the middle circle with the six dots.
    08-04-17 10:07 PM
    Don't forget to back up and passwords (export) to your sd card, and then import from your sd card to your new device
    08-04-17 10:12 PM
    Don't forget to back up and passwords (export) to your sd card, and then import from your sd card to your new device
    08-04-17 11:27 PM
    I don't know how to do that. I was trying to move all my photos etc to my ad card, then just move that, but got something about not having permission. And I didn't understand the instructions for that piece. I'm really not that technologically dumb (especially compared to my husband) but it seems like you need a degree to figure some of this stuff out.
    08-04-17 11:29 PM
    I don't know how to do that. I was trying to move all my photos etc to my ad card, then just move that, but got something about not having permission. And I didn't understand the instructions for that piece. I'm really not that technologically dumb (especially compared to my husband) but it seems like you need a degree to figure some of this stuff out.
    You really don't need a degree to figure out Android - you need an ADVANCED degree!!!!

How are you trying to move photos to the sd-card? Using an App? Which app? That app might need permission to access the sd-card. Android is stingy in allowing stuff to read/write to sd-cards. Depending on the app, open Main Settings. Scroll to find Apps. Open it. Scroll to find the app you are using to copy photos. Tap it and then check the PERMISSIONS for that app. Sometimes, you can just open the app. It might then ask for permission or indicate yo don't have it. Navigate to the sd-card and see if it asks for Permission. Grant it.
    08-05-17 10:14 AM
    You really don't need a degree to figure out Android - you need an ADVANCED degree!!!!

How are you trying to move photos to the sd-card? Using an App? Which app? That app might need permission to access the sd-card. Android is stingy in allowing stuff to read/write to sd-cards. Depending on the app, open Main Settings. Scroll to find Apps. Open it. Scroll to find the app you are using to copy photos. Tap it and then check the PERMISSIONS for that app. Sometimes, you can just open the app. It might then ask for permission or indicate yo don't have it. Navigate to the sd-card and see if it asks for Permission. Grant it.
    08-05-17 11:39 AM
    I have no idea how to grant permission to my sd card. The 'instructions' are useless. I'm using the ASUS file manager, if someone else knows and could chime in.
    I've now reset for the 5th(6th?) time. I've lost count.
    08-05-17 11:42 AM
    I have no idea how to grant permission to my sd card. The 'instructions' are useless. I'm using the ASUS file manager, if someone else knows and could chime in.
    I've now reset for the 5th(6th?) time. I've lost count.
    TRY this:

Main Settings. Scroll to find Apps. Scroll down till you find "File Manager" (yellow file folder icon - it is not listed as ASUS File manager).

On that page, tap Permissions. Toggle Storage ON. You will probably get an intercept "screen overlay" So follow that link. Near the top of that screen but lightly colored, toggle the Overlay (temp turns it off). Hit the back arrow. You should be back at FileManager Permissions. Now toggle it on.

See if that fixes it. Now it still might not allow access to the sd-card. But check.
    08-05-17 12:26 PM
    I'm back... How about going the usb cable route? Copy music files to intermediary computer. Once safe there you can worry about how to get them to the sd-card (card reader for computer) or usb cable to the new phone once the sd-card is inside it.
    08-05-17 12:28 PM
    I'm back... How about going the usb cable route? Copy music files to intermediary computer. Once safe there you can worry about how to get them to the sd-card (card reader for computer) or usb cable to the new phone once the sd-card is inside it.
    08-05-17 12:36 PM
    Yes...I think I'm going to try the cable route.
    Which is the better transfer? Going the Content Transfer? Or the back to back android way?
    08-05-17 12:38 PM
    TRY this:

Main Settings. Scroll to find Apps. Scroll down till you find "File Manager" (yellow file folder icon - it is not listed as ASUS File manager).

On that page, tap Permissions. Toggle Storage ON. You will probably get an intercept "screen overlay" So follow that link. Near the top of that screen but lightly colored, toggle the Overlay (temp turns it off). Hit the back arrow. You should be back at FileManager Permissions. Now toggle it on.

See if that fixes it. Now it still might not allow access to the sd-card. But check.
    08-05-17 12:39 PM
    When I go to the apps, I only have the option to toggle content or storage. When I toggle storage on, nothing else happens.
    08-05-17 12:39 PM
    Yes...I think I'm going to try the cable route.
    Which is the better transfer? Going the Content Transfer? Or the back to back android way?
    I think I may have accidentally tried using Content transfer to move files (like photos, music) and realized it would take forever. So I've only used it for calendar and text message and whatever other simple things (I have not used it in a while. When I had to wipe my Keyone, I used the nfc (back to back) to transfer stuff. My Wallpaper was transferred and I think some apps. My mind does not recall what else. I may have had to repopulate apps via Google Playstore but don't recall. I know Launcher stuff does NOT transfer - you have to set up your pages again.
    08-05-17 12:42 PM
    When I go to the apps, I only have the option to toggle content or storage. When I toggle storage on, nothing else happens.
    I'm not sure. But after toggling it on, then try copying your files to the sd-card. Again, you might get some prompt about the sd-card. And all I can remember is that it is not easy to give it sd-card permission. You might have to stubbornly persist trying to find it.
    08-05-17 12:44 PM
    I wish BlackBerry would develop a proper full backup and recovery application, even if it consists of a smartphone app and a cloud service, with an option for selective backup/recovery. BlackBerry Limited could offer it as a paid subscription service for a flat annual fee of no more than CAD120.00 per year; CAD10.00 per month on an annual prepaid yearly subscription plan, or CAD15.00 per month on a month-to-month subscription plan. Didn't Chen say he wants BlackBerry Limited to be a software AND services company?
    08-05-17 03:29 PM
    This is turning into a nightmare. I can only get some of my photos and music on my new device when I transfer the content.i tried plugging in and transferring to my laptop, then to my phone. That didn't work. The context moved that way isn't recognized and I can't seem to find it when looking.
    I'm going to see if I can move all my photos and music to my sd card

I love this new keyone, but I hate this process.
    08-06-17 08:39 AM