I guess many of you might have read my earlier posts on the various issues i had with moving my music/playlist from Blackberry 10 to my Android KeyOne phone. I finally got it resolved and thought i should share it since many here have helped me earlier.

What i discovered to be the major issue was the fact that when i ripped my songs from the album CD onto my laptop using Windows Media Player, it was ripped with extension wma. Which most of the Android music player app can't play even though they claim to. Unlike the Blackberry 10 Music player which conveniently play these wma files easily.

So the first thing to do is to find a good converter to convert the wma music files to mp3 music files which are easily playable on android. This is where iTunes for windows comes in handy. I downloaded and installed this on my Windows 7 laptop and volla i was able to convert my wma music files to mp3 files.

And then comes the tedious task of editing my playlists and replacing the wma files with corresponding mp3 files. Then one can easily sync the playlists to KeyOne using Windows Media Player and these can now be discovered and played by Google Music.

I hope someone finds this useful.
    Bla1ze and FF22 like this.
    08-30-18 09:34 AM
    Yeah I made mistake of using wma files long ago...
    08-30-18 11:12 AM
    Thank you for the tip!! I should have known the file type was a factor here. I've already converted some of the songs. Now I just need to figure out how to copy them over. My PC fails to recognize the KEYone even though I've connected with a USB cable.
    09-21-18 11:37 PM
    Thank you for the tip!! I should have known the file type was a factor here. I've already converted some of the songs. Now I just need to figure out how to copy them over. My PC fails to recognize the KEYone even though I've connected with a USB cable.
    First thing to do before you connect to USB. Turn off the battery boost mode. Then connect your KeyOne to you PC and a pop-up will show. Be vigilant because this shows and goes off. Its circular and large in nature. You have to choose the option with Charge and data.
    If you still having issues post here.
    09-25-18 09:31 AM