Hoping the Crackberry Community can help me out:

History: My Keyone has been having the screen pop-out issue that many of the users on this forum have reported. I thought that my Google Photos was on auto upload which it was not and now I am stuck with a broken screen(ribbon has a tear in it. Display is black and touch screen does not work). My phone is a stock Rogers(Canada) Keyone.

- I determined the phones touch screen is dead as the pushing the back key or home key doesnt cause the phone to vibrate.

- I have tried plugging in my phone to my PC and the computer detects the phone. However, there are no folder or files visible. - I think this is due to the fact that the phone defaults to USB Charging and not Mass storage mode.

- I have tried using software like Samsung Kies to see if it can detect and back up my device - did not detect.

- I tried looking into getting a USB OTG Hub to output HDMI and plugging in a mouse. However, from what I gather, the Keyone does not support video out put. - Did not explore this option as it sounds like it will not work.

- I thought about using apps to use screen mirroring or wifi transfer. But even though you can download them onto the phone using the play store, I dont think theres a way to a)allow permissions and b)open the app.

Are there any other methods that you guys could suggest or have used to resolve this issue? Thanks in advanced!
    07-25-17 01:33 PM
    Find a friend who has a Mac and try and see if the Android File Transfer will detect the KEYone. - https://www.android.com/filetransfer/ Mine pops up automatically anytime I plug it into my Mac and offers access to device / sd card. I never changed anything in settings either that I can recall nor have I ever had to change 'modes' in order or it to work. Just make sure you have BlackBerry USB drivers installed. - https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...1570F46266A608
    FF22 likes this.
    07-25-17 04:25 PM
    The DEFAULT charging only is a real pain in the rear. I much appreciated the former behavior. I gather it is a means to protect us from ourselves where we plug into a criminal's computer and they immediately have access to the contents of the phone.

There should be an option to just allow file transfer without asking!
    Barbareren likes this.
    07-25-17 06:23 PM
    I had exactly the same issue only my 128gb memory card was encrypted with that keyone.
    No option but to send in for repair and see if it comes back with any data still on it?
    My ribbon got a tear in it too. First thing I did was use various cables to hdmi out. So stupid they didn't go ahead with that.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-17 07:29 PM
    I had exactly the same issue only my 128gb memory card was encrypted with that keyone.
    No option but to send in for repair and see if it comes back with any data still on it?
    My ribbon got a tear in it too. First thing I did was use various cables to hdmi out. So stupid they didn't go ahead with that.

Posted via CB10
    Backing up the SD card to your computer or a cloud storage service is the safest way to protect ourselves from loosing access forever. Local storage of content via Wi-Fi to a hard drive type device avoids cloud services.
    07-25-17 07:45 PM
    Backing up the SD card to your computer or a cloud storage service is the safest way to protect ourselves from loosing access forever. Local storage of content via Wi-Fi to a hard drive type device avoids cloud services.
    Yeh you can't if it's encrypted. I never thought to back up as the phone was so new! Lessosn learnt

Posted via CB10
    07-26-17 05:55 AM
    Find a friend who has a Mac and try and see if the Android File Transfer will detect the KEYone. - https://www.android.com/filetransfer/ Mine pops up automatically anytime I plug it into my Mac and offers access to device / sd card. I never changed anything in settings either that I can recall nor have I ever had to change 'modes' in order or it to work. Just make sure you have BlackBerry USB drivers installed. - https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...1570F46266A608
    Thanks for your advice. It works now, although going through all that hassle for a simple file transfer is ludicrous. Also, the Android File Transfer app is beyond pathetic. It couldn't be anymore basic.
    07-28-17 10:15 PM
    Hoping the Crackberry Community can help me out:

History: My Keyone has been having the screen pop-out issue that many of the users on this forum have reported. I thought that my Google Photos was on auto upload which it was not and now I am stuck with a broken screen(ribbon has a tear in it. Display is black and touch screen does not work). My phone is a stock Rogers(Canada) Keyone.

- I determined the phones touch screen is dead as the pushing the back key or home key doesnt cause the phone to vibrate.

- I have tried plugging in my phone to my PC and the computer detects the phone. However, there are no folder or files visible. - I think this is due to the fact that the phone defaults to USB Charging and not Mass storage mode.

- I have tried using software like Samsung Kies to see if it can detect and back up my device - did not detect.

- I tried looking into getting a USB OTG Hub to output HDMI and plugging in a mouse. However, from what I gather, the Keyone does not support video out put. - Did not explore this option as it sounds like it will not work.

- I thought about using apps to use screen mirroring or wifi transfer. But even though you can download them onto the phone using the play store, I dont think theres a way to a)allow permissions and b)open the app.

Are there any other methods that you guys could suggest or have used to resolve this issue? Thanks in advanced!
    it says my screen is locked so the app can't access my device. but my screen is broken, how do I unlock it?
    09-22-17 01:23 PM