Have searched here but no direct answer to my specific problem. Used Content Transfer with SD card and it seems to have worked mostly - obvious exception was only 3500 SMS, so I used SMS backup & restore for that.

BBM seems to be missing though; Sign In asks me for email & pswd, OR phone number - but nowhere for BBM PIN. I know I can set up a new BBM ID with email, but obviously I would like to preserve my existing one; any suggestions on how this can be done please?

I did go back to Content Transfer, but there is no explicit entry for BBM there. On a related note, it does look like CT can operate directly between e.g. KEYOne and Z30 when both are connected to the same WiFi, but I haven't actually run a transfer using that method yet.
    04-08-18 04:46 AM
    if you still wanna be able to use BBM on your Z30, you need to generate a new BBM ID on the K1, you will otherwise never be able to use this BBM ID on any other BB 10 OS !
    FF22 likes this.
    04-08-18 05:22 AM
    Have searched here but no direct answer to my specific problem. Used Content Transfer with SD card and it seems to have worked mostly - obvious exception was only 3500 SMS, so I used SMS backup & restore for that.

BBM seems to be missing though; Sign In asks me for email & pswd, OR phone number - but nowhere for BBM PIN. I know I can set up a new BBM ID with email, but obviously I would like to preserve my existing one; any suggestions on how this can be done please?

I did go back to Content Transfer, but there is no explicit entry for BBM there. On a related note, it does look like CT can operate directly between e.g. KEYOne and Z30 when both are connected to the same WiFi, but I haven't actually run a transfer using that method yet.
    Content transfer won't transfer any part of BB ID or BBM credentials.
    At this point I don't think you can transfer your BB10 contacts to Android BBM even.
    You might have to create a new BBM ID or to use the existing ID, you will loose all your existing contacts and also you won't be able to use BBM on your Z30

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.3.2163
    FF22 likes this.
    04-08-18 05:45 AM
    Sometime in August of last year a decision was made. As a result it is no longer possible to convert your BBM ID (from BB10 handset) to the Android BBM. See this blog post which was sent to me when I contacted BBM Support to ask about this issue.
    Last edited by wormycoolness; 04-08-18 at 03:39 PM.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-08-18 09:42 AM
    Thanks for the helpful answers. Have resorted to setting up a new BBM ID. Disappointing, but consistent "stuff the old gang" approach from BB.
    04-11-18 01:23 PM