Hello,
    is there anyone who can help me with the transfer of the Whatsapp chat from BB Classic to Keyone/Android? In Classic the firmware is 10.3.3.2031 and the WA version is 2.17.1, while on Android the version is 2.17.427. I tried various solutions but I could not even because the bk file generated by the Classic is a file with the extension .crypt while on keyone / Android the file that is searched during restore is .crypt12. Is there a way to convert files from crypt to crypt12 or even passing through intermediate conversions crypt5 or crypt8 etc. but should you know which versions of WA to use?
    You can tell me a detailed guide to help me make this transfer.
    Thanks for the reply,
    Mauro
    01-06-18 12:05 PM
    hi there,
    as far as I'm aware there is no way to transfer chat history from one OS to another. same as if you wanted to transfer from ios or windows to android or vice versa.
    01-06-18 12:12 PM
    There is an "unsupported" feature in the BB10 WhatsApp app to make an Android compatible backup file, check this post and follow the instructions: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post12086525
    FF22 likes this.
    01-06-18 12:30 PM
    There is an "unsupported" feature in the BB10 WhatsApp app to make an Android compatible backup file, check this post and follow the instructions: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post12086525
    Thanks for the tip, I tried but it is not easy, because it would require a release of Beta Whatsapp that allows you to export the chat in a file for Android. I subscribed to the Blackberry Beta Zone site, but given the cancellation from BBWorld of the App Whatsapp, I do not know if there is still the possibility to have this Beta release. Do you have any other suggestions? Thanks Mauro
    01-07-18 03:33 AM
    Thanks for the tip, I tried but it is not easy, because it would require a release of Beta Whatsapp that allows you to export the chat in a file for Android. I subscribed to the Blackberry Beta Zone site, but given the cancellation from BBWorld of the App Whatsapp, I do not know if there is still the possibility to have this Beta release. Do you have any other suggestions?
    Thanks Mauro
    01-07-18 03:36 AM
    Thanks for the tip, I tried but it is not easy, because it would require a release of Beta Whatsapp that allows you to export the chat in a file for Android. I subscribed to the Blackberry Beta Zone site, but given the cancellation from BBWorld of the App Whatsapp, I do not know if there is still the possibility to have this Beta release. Do you have any other suggestions?
    Thanks Mauro
    You very likely do have the export feature available --- just pull down on the touchscreen from the main view in WhatsApp and it will bring up the settings. The option will probably be there.
    01-07-18 06:50 AM
    I, unfortunately it is not so. the version of WA of the Classic is 2.17.12 and even if there is the path "export conversion for Android", this function is not supported, in fact it crashes.
    01-07-18 08:40 AM
    I, unfortunately it is not so. the version of WA of the Classic is 2.17.12 and even if there is the path "export conversion for Android", this function is not supported, in fact it crashes.
    Bummer... I have a Classic and it worked for me a few days ago. Is it the case that you don't see the export option or that you do see it and it crashes?
    01-07-18 09:20 AM
    Note that it did take well over an hour to export for me...
    01-07-18 09:21 AM
    The function "Export conversations for Android" is there, with the below indication "Warning this function is not supported", then in the next screen there is "Prepare" and giving ok tells me that "impossible to prepare the export of the conversation because whatsapp does not have a valid network connection "which is strange because I'm connected with WIFI, but do you have the WhatsApp version 2.17.1?
    01-07-18 11:22 AM
    for me it took about 42hours to finish the export in Q10 last june, but it was managed properly
    01-07-18 01:00 PM
    Thanks for the tip, I tried but it is not easy, because it would require a release of Beta Whatsapp that allows you to export the chat in a file for Android. I subscribed to the Blackberry Beta Zone site, but given the cancellation from BBWorld of the App Whatsapp, I do not know if there is still the possibility to have this Beta release. Do you have any other suggestions? Thanks Mauro
    As mentioned, there's no need for a "Beta" version of the app, the current one from BBW has the feature (by the time the post I shared was written, it was still in Beta).

The issue you might be facing is that the app no longer connects to WhatsApp servers in order to do the backup file. This was warned by the app's developer some days ago: https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...l#post13102617

"Note: If you want to try the "Export for Android" feature that's been mentioned in some other threads, please do it (or at least try to do it) before your app is cut off. Part of the initial setup process for this feature requires a connection to our servers."

I hope it's not the case, as you won't be able to export your conversations from BB10 to Android anymore. I'd suggest you keep on trying, but also consider sending your chats over through email just in case. Good luck!

 Passport (10.3.3.2163) /  KEYᵒⁿᵉ "Black Edition" (7.1.1)
    01-07-18 03:02 PM
    Noticed it's an old thread, but FWIW: Have just transferred my chats from BB10 (Z30) to Key2. Made a backup on my old Z30, copied the backup file to mediacard, which I then moved to the Key2. Copied it into the Databases folder, renamed it to msgstore.db.crypt12, uninstalled and reinstalled WhatsApp, and it recovered the messages. However, media cannot be transferred through this method.
    01-11-20 05:50 PM