Hey guys. While Blackberry announced a trade in program that never came true, i traded in my att Priv on amazon. My priv had the famous blue lines all accross the screen and even had a spot where the lcd liquid came out and made a huge black circle on the screen. Otherwise my Priv had no scratches or cracks. Just a really messed up lcd panel lol. And yet they still gave me 40$ gift card for it. You guys should try it.
    Last edited by mfk2901; 05-02-18 at 04:30 PM.
    05-02-18 04:09 PM
    That's, actually not that bad for a busted Priv.
    05-03-18 12:46 AM
    Too bad for you, I would've paid $40.99. I need spare parts for mine.
    Uglyindian likes this.
    05-03-18 06:37 AM
    I got Verizon model with burning screen.
    05-03-18 10:36 AM
    You might wanna try that dude.
    krazyatom likes this.
    05-03-18 03:50 PM
    You might wanna try that dude.
    I'll give a try. Thanks!
    05-03-18 03:58 PM
    Too bad for you, I would've paid $40.99. I need spare parts for mine.
    Oh damn it you should have told me
    05-03-18 05:30 PM
    Yeah parts is something that some might want it for.... but the main part many want is the screen, so I think you did good.
    05-04-18 09:49 AM
    Almost sounds like those old car commercials! "Bring us your old junkers, drive, tow, DRAG them on down to Bob's Auto and get $ 500 regardless of condition!"

PS Gazelle is pretty good that way too, although primarily they want iDevices. I got 95 dollars for a broken iPad Air. It powered on but the screen touch didn't work, or didn't work well. It was totally unusable. They quoted me 40, BUT increased the offer once they got the device!
    05-04-18 10:21 AM
    Almost sounds like those old car commercials! "Bring us your old junkers, drive, tow, DRAG them on down to Bob's Auto and get $ 500 regardless of condition!"

PS Gazelle is pretty good that way too, although primarily they want iDevices. I got 95 dollars for a broken iPad Air. It powered on but the screen touch didn't work, or didn't work well. It was totally unusable. They quoted me 40, BUT increased the offer once they got the device!
    Yeah i tried other websites but it seems no body is interested in the Priv anymore. Another weird thing also is that Amazon offers 40$ for the Att variant but only offers 35$ for the unlocked one. I figured no body really needs a Priv anymore so i didnt try ebay
    pkcable likes this.
    05-04-18 10:47 AM
    that is 40$ i spent towards a Keyone
    pkcable likes this.
    05-04-18 10:48 AM
    It’s better than blackberry trade in program?
    05-04-18 10:53 AM
    It’s better than blackberry trade in program?
    Blackberry trade in program is non existent. So this is by far the best shot at salvaging the destroyed priv lol
    05-04-18 01:49 PM
    that is 40$ i spent towards a Keyone
    I was wondering why this was in the KEYone section, there it is.
    05-04-18 01:59 PM
    Yeah parts is something that some might want it for.... but the main part many want is the screen, so I think you did good.
    I need the camera and the battery actually, and I can ship the SoC board to get it modded for someone to do a drop-in swap for the 4GB mod.
    05-05-18 08:10 AM
    Yeah i tried other websites but it seems no body is interested in the Priv anymore. Another weird thing also is that Amazon offers 40$ for the Att variant but only offers 35$ for the unlocked one. I figured no body really needs a Priv anymore so i didnt try ebay
    I wouldn't think no one wants a Priv just yet... you'd be surprised, there are buyers out there. However once the KEYone gets cheap enough that the difference in price is minimal, the Priv might become a hard sell
    05-06-18 06:38 AM
    I wouldn't think no one wants a Priv just yet... you'd be surprised, there are buyers out there. However once the KEYone gets cheap enough that the difference in price is minimal, the Priv might become a hard sell
    I know i would be interested if it had oreo and a better battery life. I forgot to mention my Priv's battery couldn't hold a charge for too long also so in addition to the unusable display 40$ is not bad at all. I am sad because the priv is the best phone ever made since phone history and is still the best looking one to this day. Hopefully now that blackberry made a comeback we would see cool phones like it again (priv 2, passport 2)...
    05-06-18 06:45 AM
    I know i would be interested if it had oreo and a better battery life. I forgot to mention my Priv's battery couldn't hold a charge for too long also so in addition to the unusable display 40$ is not bad at all. I am sad because the priv is the best phone ever made since phone history and is still the best looking one to this day. Hopefully now that blackberry made a comeback we would see cool phones like it again (priv 2, passport 2)...
    Oreo? Lol I'd be happy with Nougat

And it's certainly not the best phone ever, but that's thanks to the horrible 808 chipset. The fact that BB stuck a 3410 mAh in there meant that with the right optimization, it could get through the day with 5hrs SOT, which kind of made up for it.
    05-06-18 08:13 AM