Sometimes (potentially when interacting with a poorly formatted webpage) I'll begin to experience very poor touch screen response, almost as if there's another finger on the screen or keyboard. This will escalate to the point where I lose all ability to interact with the touch screen or nav buttons. I know it's not frozen, as I can get the power menu and sometimes notifications, but the only way to restore functionality is to hard reboot.

Has anyone else experienced this and, if so, found a solutuion?
    07-20-17 03:40 PM
    What browser are you using and does it include an ad blocker? If so, try a different browser without ad blocking for a while and see if you still notice it. There has been multiple reports of browsers that include ad blockers causing 'freezing' issues on Android.
    07-20-17 05:25 PM
    Nothing in that regard, last time it happened it was while reading an article from a Google search, using that semi-browser they've implemented in the Google app
    07-20-17 05:54 PM
    This has always been an issue with Android devices it happens on my S8 plus once a week never that often.
    07-20-17 06:38 PM
    I'm experiencing the same thing now and then. I installed a touch test app and noticed that when I swipe my fingers from the screen towards the capacitive touch a ghost touch still remains on the screen and keeps flickering. Pressing the power button twice resolves that issue. Very strange
    fankuan likes this.
    07-21-17 02:52 AM
    You don't need an App to track touches. You can do it natively from the developer mode settings. I have it enabled on my PRIV so I always see the location of taps.

Another handy option is to make the screen blink when the CPU is being overworked. You start learning the processes and apps that strain the hardware. Gives you more patience during lags because you know at least that it is doing something, just struggling.
    fankuan and FF22 like this.
    07-21-17 04:03 AM
    Interesting! I'll definitely try double tapping power next time, thank you for your input
    07-21-17 05:11 AM
    I have similar problems. Didn't experience it that often till last July Update. It is not related to a specific app and I lose touchscreen control. I can use it again if I double tap the power button (standby and wake). It happens from time to time.
    08-02-17 10:26 AM