"Glue-filled monstrosity"... found this article and thought it was relevant here. If the K1's screen were loaded with glue, then there'd be articles like this.

Inside Microsoft's Surface Laptop and Surface Pro | ZDNet

I don't discredit the screen issues, but they could possibly be due to other manufacturing issues and not necessarily lack of glue.

 C L A S S I C
    06-16-17 06:15 PM
    "Glue-filled monstrosity"... found this article and thought it was relevant here. If the K1's screen were loaded with glue, then there'd be articles like this.

Inside Microsoft's Surface Laptop and Surface Pro | ZDNet

I don't discredit the screen issues, but they could possibly be due to other manufacturing issues and not necessarily lack of glue.

 C L A S S I C
    Sure, because there is either "no glue" or "full of glue". Adding just enough glue is impossible, right? Why are people talking extremities? TCL should just add some glue that would be enough to keep the screen, not sink it with glue.

And yes, other manufacturing issues might be the source of the problem, but with the glue in place we would probably never found out. The glue would be making up for that.
    app_Developer likes this.
    06-16-17 06:20 PM
    No, because the KEYone isn't a laptop and does not bring with it the expectations of upgrade capabilities or user repair as a laptop does. Most laptops don't need glue because everything is screwed down, while recent phones have the motherboard and ports screwed into a frame and the other components (battery, screen, back panel) glued in place. The Surface Laptop claiming to be a laptop but having smartphone levels of glue is newsworthy, for the same man-bites-dog reason as the KEYone having little if any adhesive keeping the screen on.
    06-16-17 06:57 PM