I remember on BBOS, if you set the convenience key to launch the camera, pressing it while in the camera would take the photo. I hope they do it the same way with BB Android...
    There was a Convenience Key back then? Or you mean the Mute?
    03-05-17 06:22 PM
    The difference in size is kind of minor on paper, but it's pretty significant while in the hand. I also feel the Priv is just too big to comfortably use, while the KEYone feels fine. It's the same width as my Classic so it felt natural for me right away.
    I don't know if it's the rounded edge, but it actually feels a bit narrower even though numbers say near identical. But then maybe I'm used to the Priv's width now, so...
    03-05-17 06:23 PM
    There was a Convenience Key back then? Or you mean the Mute?
    The Bold 9000 had two convenience keys, the Bold 9900 had one. The "convenience key" is actually a BB term. TCL's phones call that button a "Boom Button" or something like that.

They just kind of mysteriously disappeared in the BB10 era...
    03-05-17 06:33 PM
    The difference in size is kind of minor on paper, but it's pretty significant while in the hand. I also feel the Priv is just too big to comfortably use, while the KEYone feels fine. It's the same width as my Classic so it felt natural for me right away.
    Thanks for the feedback.
    03-05-17 07:05 PM
    You can't say you have gorilla glass and then not have it haha. The priv had it, the DTEK60 does not. It is supposed to have a similar glass from a Chinese manufacturer.
    i thought the dtek glasses are from Asahi- a reputable Co of Japan. not chinese (may have sub division in china? )
    03-05-17 07:20 PM
    I remember on BBOS, if you set the convenience key to launch the camera, pressing it while in the camera would take the photo. I hope they do it the same way with BB Android...
    The volume rocker already does this lol.
    03-05-17 07:22 PM
    Great summary, thanks.

BPWiebe on the beautiful Silver Edition Passport.
    03-05-17 07:25 PM
    This phone is getting interesting to me.
    How easy are the keys to press?
    03-05-17 10:58 PM
    The volume rocker already does this lol.
    I know that, and have stated that, then again, maybe I didn't state that in this thread. But pressing the convenience key again after pressing it to take the photo still works out better than moving your finger over to use the volume key... I mean if you launched the camera the old fashioned way instead of the convenience key, then do whatever, but if you use the convenience key for it, might as well just use it to take the photo too...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Last edited by slagman5; 03-06-17 at 08:14 AM.
    03-05-17 11:13 PM
    This phone is getting interesting to me.
    How easy are the keys to press?
    I would say probably slightly clickier than the Passport? Or maybe around the same?

03-05-17 11:13 PM
    I know that, and have stated that, then again, maybe I didn't state that in this thread. But pressing th convenience key again after pressing it to take the photo still works out better than moving your finger over to use the volume key... I mean if you launched the camera the old fashioned way instead of the convenience key, then do whatever, but if you use the convenience key for it, might as well just use it to take the photo too...

But you have the convenience set to some other app, it should open that app from anywhere in the OS. Even from the camera for that matter. Yes if BlackBerry could allow the convenience key to be used as a shutter button only if it is set to camera then that would be nice I guess.
    03-06-17 12:00 AM
    Forgot to ask about the FM radio. Is it like in BlackBerry 10 where you have to have the headphones plugged in in order for it to work? Or could you use it like a real radio and play from the phone's speakers?
    With my Classic, I just use a dollar store headphones and cut them off and plug it in to use as the antenna so my Classic radio plays like a real radio when I work in the garden.
    03-06-17 12:15 AM
    With my Classic, I just use a dollar store headphones and cut them off and plug it in to use as the antenna so my Classic radio plays like a real radio when I work in the garden.
    So then because you've cut of the earpieces, even with the plug all the way in, it doesn't mute the speaker?
    03-06-17 12:29 AM
    So then because you've cut of the earpieces, even with the plug all the way in, it doesn't mute the speaker?
    You can enable the speaker separately on the radio. It's been like this since BBOS days
    03-06-17 02:31 AM
    Yeah it can be assigned to do anything
    03-06-17 04:04 AM
    But you have the convenience set to some other app, it should open that app from anywhere in the OS. Even from the camera for that matter. Yes if BlackBerry could allow the convenience key to be used as a shutter button only if it is set to camera then that would be nice I guess.
    But I'm talking about *if* you have it set to launch the camera.

03-06-17 08:14 AM
    But I'm talking about *if* you have it set to launch the camera.

Like I said, that would be nice
    Jayasheelan likes this.
    03-06-17 08:16 AM
    No muting happens at all. I have been doing it for years with my Classic, and I just tested in with the DTEK50 and it is the same. Loud and clear with the dollar store headphones cut off and plugged in. I use the radio all the time when I walk the dogs without a ear pieces or head set. I like being back in the transistor radio days lol. When you use the radio app, it says "connect the headset it functions as a radio atenna". It doesn't make any difference if you cut off the ear buds.
    gizmo21 likes this.
    03-06-17 10:38 AM
    Can u hang up a call with a physical button?
    03-08-17 05:37 PM
    Can u hang up a call with a physical button?
    I think Android allows you to use the power button to hang up calls...
    jakie55 likes this.
    03-08-17 07:30 PM
    I think Android allows you to use the power button to hang up calls...
    Thank you .
    03-08-17 07:50 PM
    Can a phone call be hung up on the priv by pressing the on/off button?
    03-08-17 07:56 PM
    Can a phone call be hung up on the priv by pressing the on/off button?
    Yeah there is setting for that
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    03-08-17 08:07 PM
    Like that FM radio is available. Wishing that AM radio was too. That's the good stuff.
    03-08-17 08:41 PM
    Yeah there is setting for that
    I can' t find that in phone settings. Just the open/close keyboard option.
    03-08-17 08:43 PM
208 ... 6789