I've asked this many other places, will ask you one more time : How did the space bar feel like when typing? (with the sensor thing)
    delanyinspiron6400 likes this.
    02-27-17 08:34 PM
    Hmm...my other thread got immediately closed for some reason?

No offense, but besides slagman5, where are the mini previews from the lucky other 9 Crackberry members that got to go to MWC?

I was hoping a few of them would be power users that would pick up on things that haven't yet been mentioned.

Btw, this thread title is very poor.
    bfliao and mister2d like this.
    02-27-17 08:40 PM
    thank you for your post slagman!! it will now just make the waiting even longer lol
    02-27-17 08:46 PM
    I've asked this many other places, will ask you one more time : How did the space bar feel like when typing? (with the sensor thing)
    Yes. Does it feel a bit stand out comparing to other keys? Even in the final version, I still found it stand out a bit
    02-27-17 08:49 PM
    Thanks for the info, I would definitely update your thread title to say something about your review and answers of the K1. I skipped over it at first and then saw it referenced on another forum and went back.

This thread will blow up, you will be answering questions until the 10th of April or at least until a more in depth review drops.
    delanyinspiron6400 likes this.
    02-27-17 08:51 PM
    Hmm...my other thread got immediately closed for some reason?

No offense, but besides slagman5, where are the mini previews from the lucky other 9 Crackberry members that got to go to MWC?

I was hoping a few of them would be power users that would pick up on things that haven't yet been mentioned.

Btw, this thread title is very poor.
    For those of you that held the KEYone...
    02-27-17 08:53 PM
    Yes. Does it feel a bit stand out comparing to other keys? Even in the final version, I still found it stand out a bit
    "Even in the final version" : did you see something change ? What was the non-final version? Very curious now
    (and btw they still said this is pre-production, so still not final!)
    02-27-17 09:28 PM
    "Even in the final version" : did you see something change ? What was the non-final version? Very curious now
    (and btw they still said this is pre-production, so still not final!)
    Oops I mean the version in Barcelona. I can see that it doesn't stand out as much as previous leakage image but still ...
    02-27-17 09:30 PM
    From what I've read about the DTEK60, the screen tends to scratch easily. Is it made out of the same glass or is it gorilla glass? I know BlackBerry always says it's gorilla glass and it always ends up not being that, haha.
    Um, actually, BlackBerry has NEVER claimed gorilla glass. Don't know where you're pulling that from. Their last phone had a tempered glass made by a different company and it was called Dragon Glass and that was stated from the very beginning. I think you're mistaking what random people on the internet claimed with what BB claimed. The name Gorilla Glass is trademarked. If they have ever claimed it and it wasn't true, then they would have been sued. Show me the lawsuit and I will eat my words. This will be Gorilla Glass 4.
    02-27-17 09:31 PM
    Oops I mean the version in Barcelona. I can see that it doesn't stand out as much as previous leakage image but still ...
    I did a little bit of searching, didn't notice difference among the pictures I saw. If you happen to find pictures that make the change easy to see pls let me know. Thx!
    02-27-17 09:47 PM
    How much time does it take to boot?? Did they change boot animations??

Posted via CB10
    02-27-17 10:26 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I saw in youtube the boot animation is different from priv
    02-27-17 10:38 PM
    I had read on BlackBerry exclusive that there is a speaker in the top as well (Probably the ear piece that works as a speaker as well). Could you confirm that?
    Also could you tell us more about how Nougat is different from Marshmallow? (BlackBerry specific)
    02-27-17 11:22 PM

Posted via CB10
    Didn't restart any of the phones while we were there, sorry.
    02-27-17 11:32 PM
    I had read on BlackBerry exclusive that there is a speaker in the top as well (Probably the ear piece that works as a speaker as well). Could you confirm that?
    Also could you tell us more about how Nougat is different from Marshmallow? (BlackBerry specific)
    Didn't think of checking the thing about the ear piece acting as a speaker. I kind of doubt it though, that should be reserved for phone calls...
    02-27-17 11:33 PM
    Are there any indications that there will be keys that can be assigned to answer/hang up calls? Also, what do the buttons above the keyboard do?
    02-28-17 02:10 AM
    Ok, first off, the typo on their site is fixed saying the notification is white only. It's RGB, just like Bla1ze, Berry Flow, several others, and myself have reported from first-hand observation.

The keyboard, I can't find the thread, but I mistakenly told someone the keyboard is sculpted like the Classic. The keys are unfortunately more squared off, but don't worry, the keyboard still types very well. I tried out typing some sentences and it was pretty darn good.

The keys are not "glossy" like so many think from the pictures. They are actually clear with the letters painted underneath. That's why they appear glossy in photos, since reflections appear more prominently in photos than in real life. I like this because that means the paint will never wear off. And yes, that does happen. My wife has an old Curve that you can barely see any letters anymore, the light just shines straight through all of the keys because they are all worn off, lol.

The phone is not "huge" like many people (including myself) were afraid of. It's the same exact width as the Classic (there are photos floating around with the KEYone next to a PassPort and a Classic (my Classic specifically, lol) and you can see they are the same width (I've also put them on top of each other to confirm), and only slightly taller. So it's actually a great size, very balanced feel.

The phone isn't light, but it's not to heavy either. Too heavy is if it feel heavier than the size says it should be. It feels "just right" and hefty enough that it feels like quality and you are reminded of the insane 3505mah battery. :-)

It is also not as thick as it looks in pictures. It may be thick, but it doesn't feel it when you're holding it or seeing it in person.

The camera is pretty darn good. Snaps quick and even with digital zoom you see all of the little details. It also shoots 4k video, but unfortunately only up to 30fps instead of 60 like some others, but it's still plenty impressive.

The units on display didn't have the swipe up shortcuts working, where from the home button (circle) the three shortcuts pop-up you can swipe to. I asked Alex Thurber about that and he confirmed to me that the final software will have that feature.

I mentioned the battery before, Kevin and all of us were up in the hotel bar past midnight the night of the show, and he's actually been using the KEYone as his personal phone. His went off the charger at 6am, and with moderate to heavy use after midnight still had just over 60% battery left. So basically, awesome battery life. Thank the sd625 and 3505mah battery.

I'm disappointed it doesn't have a play/pause/mute button, just volume up and down, but there are apps that can map button combos to do that, I think, I hope, lol.

Some have noticed that scrolling with the keyboard appears choppy. Many have attributed this to the sd625. Well, it's true and it's not. It only appears choppy because of the short height of the keyboard, so your thumb runs out of capacitive keyboard quickly while scrolling, thus it stops suddenly. I proved this by turning the phone sideways and used it in landscape. Now with the entire width of the keyboard to scroll it scrolls silky smooth. I think they can probably fix this with some kind of sensitivity setting or maybe a smoothing so it doesn't stop as suddenly to decrease the appearance of choppiness (I will bring this up with Mr. Thurber later today).

And thanks to BlackZ10 (with the help of a pretty lady of course), we also verified that it does indeed have stereo speakers and not just two grill where only one is a speaker like with the Classic, and also that it's VERY loud.

If there are any other thing you guys were wondering from our hands-on, please ask it here. It's hard to go through all of the posts... :-)

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Sorry too many facts..............please this is Crackberry....hysteria is always better!
    02-28-17 07:14 AM
    Thank you for taking the time to write up a review of sorts for us to read. You have made my excitement for the phone justified in my mind even more.
    02-28-17 07:24 AM
    Ok, first off, the typo on their site is fixed saying the notification is white only. It's RGB, just like Bla1ze, Berry Flow, several others, and myself have reported from first-hand observation.

The keyboard, I can't find the thread, but I mistakenly told someone the keyboard is sculpted like the Classic. The keys are unfortunately more squared off, but don't worry, the keyboard still types very well. I tried out typing some sentences and it was pretty darn good.

The keys are not "glossy" like so many think from the pictures. They are actually clear with the letters painted underneath. That's why they appear glossy in photos, since reflections appear more prominently in photos than in real life. I like this because that means the paint will never wear off. And yes, that does happen. My wife has an old Curve that you can barely see any letters anymore, the light just shines straight through all of the keys because they are all worn off, lol.

The phone is not "huge" like many people (including myself) were afraid of. It's the same exact width as the Classic (there are photos floating around with the KEYone next to a PassPort and a Classic (my Classic specifically, lol) and you can see they are the same width (I've also put them on top of each other to confirm), and only slightly taller. So it's actually a great size, very balanced feel.

The phone isn't light, but it's not to heavy either. Too heavy is if it feel heavier than the size says it should be. It feels "just right" and hefty enough that it feels like quality and you are reminded of the insane 3505mah battery. :-)

It is also not as thick as it looks in pictures. It may be thick, but it doesn't feel it when you're holding it or seeing it in person.

The camera is pretty darn good. Snaps quick and even with digital zoom you see all of the little details. It also shoots 4k video, but unfortunately only up to 30fps instead of 60 like some others, but it's still plenty impressive.

The units on display didn't have the swipe up shortcuts working, where from the home button (circle) the three shortcuts pop-up you can swipe to. I asked Alex Thurber about that and he confirmed to me that the final software will have that feature.

I mentioned the battery before, Kevin and all of us were up in the hotel bar past midnight the night of the show, and he's actually been using the KEYone as his personal phone. His went off the charger at 6am, and with moderate to heavy use after midnight still had just over 60% battery left. So basically, awesome battery life. Thank the sd625 and 3505mah battery.

I'm disappointed it doesn't have a play/pause/mute button, just volume up and down, but there are apps that can map button combos to do that, I think, I hope, lol.

Some have noticed that scrolling with the keyboard appears choppy. Many have attributed this to the sd625. Well, it's true and it's not. It only appears choppy because of the short height of the keyboard, so your thumb runs out of capacitive keyboard quickly while scrolling, thus it stops suddenly. I proved this by turning the phone sideways and used it in landscape. Now with the entire width of the keyboard to scroll it scrolls silky smooth. I think they can probably fix this with some kind of sensitivity setting or maybe a smoothing so it doesn't stop as suddenly to decrease the appearance of choppiness (I will bring this up with Mr. Thurber later today).

And thanks to BlackZ10 (with the help of a pretty lady of course), we also verified that it does indeed have stereo speakers and not just two grill where only one is a speaker like with the Classic, and also that it's VERY loud.

If there are any other thing you guys were wondering from our hands-on, please ask it here. It's hard to go through all of the posts... :-)

This a great thread. Thanks for all your answers.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-17 07:41 AM
    Didn't think of checking the thing about the ear piece acting as a speaker. I kind of doubt it though, that should be reserved for phone calls...
    This is where I read it Too many new and unread threads, here are some observations.-image-3-.png
    02-28-17 07:48 AM
    Are there any indications that there will be keys that can be assigned to answer/hang up calls? Also, what do the buttons above the keyboard do?
    Not yet, definitely going to bring this up along with a few other ideas/questions. Hey, the squeaky wheel gets the oil right?

02-28-17 09:08 AM
    This is where I read it
    Awesome if true, as long as it doesn't wear out the earpiece speaker for calls. :-)

02-28-17 09:09 AM
    The DTEKs have two, speakers, one at the bottom and one at the top which doubles as an earpiece.
    02-28-17 09:32 AM
    This is where I read it Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image (3).png 
Views:	426 
Size:	240.1 KB 
ID:	418335
    If I'm reading that link to me it just means there's 3 speakers total, 2 at the bottom for music and one at the top for phone calls.
    02-28-17 09:53 AM
    Thanks for the great post slagman5.

I know nothing about android, never having used one. Do you know if it's possible to assign a keyboard key as a play/pause button while listening to music?

I have been thinking that my next will be an iphone but I really like the look of the K1.

Thanks, John.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-17 10:39 AM
208 1234 ...