After watching the live streamed event, I was bummed right out. However I have been reading the brief hands on reviews of the Keyone and they are pretty good. So maybe the bad launch didn't do too much damage.
    02-25-17 01:46 PM
    Except they all say it is underpowered and costs too much. Besides that, they are okay.
    02-25-17 01:47 PM
    I read that it is a good solid device with excellent battery and that the phone is really going to appeal to the enterprise market and those who want pkb. I have read nothing negative about how it feels in hand and about its speed. Little info. about camera so far. I forgot to say that Crackberry Kevin did a stellar job at the launch, but I wasn't impressed with the same old coming from the mouths of the other presenters.
    simon williams4 likes this.
    02-25-17 01:50 PM
    Mr Mobiles update is very good
    02-25-17 01:51 PM
    Underpowered and costs too much?

Give me a break. You want flagship but $399 right?

You people are insane.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-17 01:57 PM

You people are insane.

Posted via CB10
    You sir are correct. It seems there's a lot of people who want the best phone specs ever but don't want to pay what it takes to manufacture it.

Reminds me of people searching for a home. All the best in flooring, tiles, design etc...a 2 million dollar home in reality but want to pay 400k, because that's their true budget to afford what they want!!!

Posted via CB10 - Z10 /STL100-3/ 0S10.3.3. 2205
    02-25-17 02:11 PM
    You sir are correct. It seems there's a lot of people who want the best phone specs ever but don't want to pay what it takes to manufacture it.

Reminds me of people searching for a home. All the best in flooring, tiles, design etc...a 2 million dollar home in reality but want to pay 400k, because that's their true budget to afford what they want!!!

Posted via CB10 - Z10 /STL100-3/ 0S10.3.3. 2205
    Exactly!!

Posted via CB10
    delanyinspiron6400 likes this.
    02-25-17 02:12 PM
    So much truth.
    02-25-17 02:13 PM

You people are insane.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think people are asking for a flagship at $399. What people want is value for their money, which this device doesn't offer at $549 when you compare it to other offerings. Hell, the Priv is over a year old, has better specs, and sells for less. The addition of a fingerprint sensor to the keyboard is not enough to justify the pricing. Ultimately it doesn't matter to Enterprise customers because they will get discounts so they can replace their Classics, but it is a kick in the balls for the average joe who wants to buy one personally.
    02-25-17 02:35 PM
    I don't think people are asking for a flagship at $399. What people want is value for their money, which this device doesn't offer at $549 when you compare it to other offerings. Hell, the Priv is over a year old, has better specs, and sells for less. The addition of a fingerprint sensor to the keyboard is not enough to justify the pricing. Ultimately it doesn't matter to Enterprise customers because they will get discounts so they can replace their Classics, but it is a kick in the balls for the average joe who wants to buy one personally.
    You're completely disregarding the battery, way better pkb then the PRIV, better camera, and better charging. Give me a break.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-17 02:37 PM
    Hell, the Priv is over a year old, has better specs, and sells for less. The addition of a fingerprint sensor to the keyboard is not enough to justify the pricing.
    The PRIV does not have better specs and its initial price was far higher. The only advantage the PRIV has is a larger screen.
    02-25-17 02:46 PM

You people are insane.

Posted via CB10
    Can you really called this ⛳ ship device.......just about made it as an mid-ranger?

Posted via CB10
    02-25-17 02:52 PM
    OnePlus seems to be able to do it. The 3T is the best Android phone on the market right now with flagship specs and a low price. And it is a fantastic device all around.

I think that's why people get upset at prices like these from BlackBerry.
    02-25-17 03:03 PM
    OnePlus seems to be able to do it. The 3T is the best Android phone on the market right now with flagship specs and a low price. And it is a fantastic device all around.

It doesn't have BlackBerry security or a physical keyboard.
    02-25-17 03:12 PM
    I'll give you the Blackberry security but I'm sorry the physical keyboard doesn't demand that it has a high price. People aren't asking for a pkb, so that argument doesn't work.
    02-25-17 03:13 PM
    Till now, all reviews are very positive in fact.
    02-25-17 03:15 PM

Do they get guaranteed monthly security updates? Is the build quality of aluminum and a textured back? Do they have a keyboard that's been in development for a couple of years now?

The answer is no, and they've been caught cheating benchmark scores, and had to release an update immediately after releasing the OnePlus 3, because it was found to be throttling performance (by closing apps). All to save battery life....which wasn't good. So that RAM you paid for, wasn't being utilized.
    02-25-17 03:15 PM
    Do they get guaranteed monthly security updates? Is the build quality of aluminum and a textured back? Do they have a keyboard that's been in development for a couple of years now?

The answer is no, and they've been caught cheating benchmark scores, and had to release an update immediately after releasing the OnePlus 3, because it was found to be throttling performance (by closing apps). All to save battery life....which wasn't good. So that RAM you paid for, wasn't being utilized.
    Well yes the build quality is Aluminum. A textured back doesn't mean an increase in price but whatever.

And I don't care about any of that benchmark stuff. I'm just telling you that the 3T is a great device at a fantastic price. I don't need to hear the BB speak on security and keyboard, because I've heard it for years. People aren't paying high prices for these things that BB offers and yet they still continue to price themselves out of any type of hope for meaningful sales.

The Priv has security and a keyboard and was priced around $600 when it launched. How well did that sell?
    02-25-17 03:21 PM
    People aren't asking for a pkb, so that argument doesn't work.

Some people are. Two in my family. Admittedly it is a niche, but there is demand however small compared to all the slab phone lovers.
    02-25-17 03:37 PM
    Except they all say it is underpowered and costs too much. ...
    None of the half dozen hands-on reviewers I watched said that.
    02-25-17 03:37 PM

You people are insane.

Posted via CB10
    Support the brand , it's a brilliant device.
    02-25-17 03:39 PM
    Well yes the build quality is Aluminum. A textured back doesn't mean an increase in price but whatever.

And I don't care about any of that benchmark stuff. I'm just telling you that the 3T is a great device at a fantastic price. I don't need to hear the BB speak on security and keyboard, because I've heard it for years. People aren't paying high prices for these things that BB offers and yet they still continue to price themselves out of any type of hope for meaningful sales.

The Priv has security and a keyboard and was priced around $600 when it launched. How well did that sell?
    Actually the Priv was $700 USD at launch. Did you hear of the OnePlus and many other manufacturers debacle when it came to the Snapdragon series and the QuadRooter vulnerability? Blackberry and Google (Nexus) were the first to correct the issue and secure their devices. Meanwhile others were left with this vulnerability for months after discovery.

Just like life insurance, you don't really need it ......until you need it.
    02-25-17 03:40 PM
    The Priv doesn't offer better specs, the processor is most likely worse, the battery is worse, the camera is not as good, the keyboard is not nearly as good!
    It does not have a fingerprint sensor, it has a ****ty front facing camera, I struggle to find a single thing that may be better on the Priv!
    I think the price is justified for something distinctly different!

Sure, people hoped for a lower price, but 599 in Europe is absolutley okay in my eyes for such a unique and awesome device!
    yuvaraki likes this.
    02-25-17 03:55 PM

You people are insane.

Posted via CB10
    No, less than $100...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    02-25-17 05:08 PM
    People (consumers, who are the ones that spend more than enterprise on phones) don't care about security. Heck, even a lot of enterprises don't care about security. If they did, BlackBerry security software and services would be flying off the electronic shelf and they'd be having record sales to announce in their quarterly earnings reports.

Yahoo, banks, legal offices, Canadian Tire, etc..the list goes on. All those "enterprises" had breeches and continue to have breeches. Security isn't something the majority of people or enterprises care about. Yes, as sad as that sounds, it's the reality because every day you keep hearing about hacks, malware, ransom ware and so on occurring.
    02-25-17 05:14 PM
48 12