Title says it all. While I do not intend to setup with a google account, would you guys suggest a move now to a KeyOne from a Q10?

Is the 4/64 that much better? I am not a big apps person, just texts, emails and some random internet.

Thoughts?
    08-31-18 08:47 AM
    If you’re looking to switch to an Android BlackBerry, the KEY2 LE may be a better option. It will receive updates and support longer than the KEYone at this point. It has a keyboard that’s closer to the Q10. It’s also much lighter.
    psychofox13 likes this.
    08-31-18 08:50 AM
    Well, your options are limited, frankly.
    I went from a Classic to a PRIV due to missing a key app - since I have changed operating systems over the years several times for work (programming / analysis) the transition to Android wasn't too bad. The transition may be harder for you.

If you don't care about the PKB, then more options are open.

If you DO want a PKB then the Keyone is likely a good choice.
    08-31-18 08:52 AM
    Thanks
    08-31-18 08:53 AM
    Well, your options are limited, frankly.
    I went from a Classic to a PRIV due to missing a key app - since I have changed operating systems over the years several times for work (programming / analysis) the transition to Android wasn't too bad. The transition may be harder for you.

If you don't care about the PKB, then more options are open.

If you DO want a PKB then the Keyone is likely a good choice.
    I want a keyboard, wife and daughter are apple and son is Samsung, so I have had some experience with both. I really had been wanting a dual sim card, but it appears that ATT does not play well with dual sim cards.
    08-31-18 08:56 AM
    Bit of a learning curve to Android but think the Key1 is a huge improvement over my Q10. Not big on apps either but required a few that could only be obtained through Google Store. Have not needed the more powerful version for current use and have read that Oreo improves performance though not yet avail for my version.
    09-01-18 05:08 AM
    Title says it all. While I do not intend to setup with a google account, would you guys suggest a move now to a KeyOne from a Q10?

Is the 4/64 that much better? I am not a big apps person, just texts, emails and some random internet.

Thoughts?
    I have a KeyOne Black Edition and can say it is a great phone... I had a Priv and whilst I loved the hardware the software issues let it down... Had terrible lag with random battery drain and overheating... No issues at all with my KeyOne and I get 2 day battery life with light use... I disabled all the Google apps apart from the Play Store and use Blackberry and MS apps... Keyboard is glossy... I don't mind it though... If you can stretch to a Key2 you'll get the larger matt keyboard and a longer support cycle... Good luck whatever you choose...
    09-01-18 05:26 AM
    I agree on the K2 LE. That red is lookin' pretty fire, and it's pretty much the same specs as a BE K1 at a lower price and w/ the K2 keyboard.
    09-01-18 11:15 AM