I would love a pointer toggle option when using the capacitive Keyboard.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    04-03-18 06:35 PM
    A good start would be to improve the activation of the cursor control element of the keyboard. Sometimes I have to double tap 4~5 times to get it working which destroys the flow of productivity.

Maybe my fingers are not static enough, but I can't be the only one. Very frustrating.
    04-04-18 07:00 PM
    They say Android doesn't support trackpads, but Priv had mouse mode and scrolling.
    04-09-18 12:53 PM
    They say Android doesn't support trackpads, but Priv had mouse mode and scrolling.
    It doesn't support it for things like web selection but it does for things like text selection and editing, which is more than worth the price of admission to most busy professionals.
    nas2 likes this.
    04-09-18 01:22 PM
    OK so I finally figured out the key one cursor control. If you double tap the pkb you get 4 directional arrows that you can hold to move the cursor. You can then hold the Caps key to select and select in which direction you want to go. I still have my classic as well as this key one, that was an awesome trackpad, as for typing you need more accuracy than a finger can do. Hope this helps.
    04-29-18 10:45 AM
    I am having to move to a slab BB bc I need a 4g phone and android apps. I already miss my Torch 9810 (pre-priv jr). Heck, I would still have that clamshell Pearl if it had 4g, a trackpad (the trackball kept failing), and my eyes weren't getting too old. I'm excited for the folding touch screens; I love a small phone.

I agree with the OP and several from idssteve, and the posts that point out that without a pkb, and a trackpad, and -for me- a programmable convenience key (read: an additional physical button), there is very little use in buying a BB-brand device. The keyboard and hub and (what else?) are apps I can get for any phone. (plus, I'm not totally sold on BB vkb vs stock android vkb)

Two thoughts:
    1. If a physical trackpad were brought back and used as text selection and/or whatever else a mouse curser can do (yes, I read the debates)... Anyway, if the resource were there, more developers would make use of it. Example: When windoze 98 came out with USB support, there wasn't much use for it at the time, compared to just a few years later. ...just an example.
    As for real estate, don't subtract from the screen. Most folks don't seem to mind a phone that's a little longer (myself excluded ...but I would totally jump on it if it meant having a trackpad). Many new ones have the 18:9 screen...
    2. As a fairly fast touch-typist myself, I rely on what my fingers tell me they're feeling. I look forward to the technology someday where the touch screen _surface_ can change to pop up as desired to create buttons and keyboards customized for that particular screen in whatever app you're using. (Multi-lingual pkb support, and how!). Buttons you can feel and that don't register until they're depressed... like a pkb. I don't see this on the horizon, yet. But someday; I hope soon.
    05-19-18 03:25 PM
    It might be coming with Android P! I wouldn't hold my breath though...:

/blackberry-keyone-f445/trackpad-ball-keyboard-gestures-etc-all-native-android-p-1143037/
    Uglyindian likes this.
    05-19-18 04:03 PM
    05-19-18 04:33 PM
    I've never used a trackpad so it's hard to empathize. I do agree about the flick typing being largely useless for me, however, because by the time it has figured out my next word and the time it takes to flick, I could've just finished typing it myself. I imagine for slow typists it's quite helpful though. The only time I've found it helpful is as an occasional spellchecker.

I love my KeyOne though.
    With the flick typing I'm outputting text at about the same speed as doing it the normal way, I just type less quickly, if that makes sense ;-) Trackpad, I've used on several devices and liked it. Press on the trackpad to "click" your spot or your highlighted text is also good.
    05-22-18 10:01 AM
    Most folks don't seem to mind a phone that's a little longer ... Many new ones have the 18:9 screen
    For me a long phone takes the centre of balance too far away from my fingers. I would like a short phone, or a phone where the mass is nearer the bottom somehow :-)
    Soapm likes this.
    05-22-18 10:07 AM
    trackpad, YES!
    Uglyindian likes this.
    05-22-18 10:44 AM
    There is no hope for this.
    Despite your anger, the track ball of track pad simply won't come back.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-18 12:37 PM
    BTW, the Keyone doesn't even support browser short key. I am dame surprised.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-18 12:38 PM
    Yes yes and again yes.
    05-22-18 03:14 PM
    Are you aware that you can double tap on the pkb lightly and easily navigate your cursor anywhere within your text either by using the keyboard itself or the arrows that pop up?
    That's brilliant. I didn't know that. Thank you.
    ray689 and portplayer like this.
    05-23-18 09:19 AM
    That's brilliant. I didn't know that. Thank you.
    and it's the same on the Priv.
    05-29-18 07:40 AM
    Here's quite a simple hack for all of you wanting the PRIV like pointer on your KEYones: https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...v-had-1126647/ I tested it myself, pretty easy to set up and there you have it, your pointer's right there. Security patch updates don't interfere with the pointer's activation, it stays on even with new updated patches installed. Have fun!
    05-29-18 11:30 AM
242 ... 8910