But isn't turning the animation to .5 basically a mind trick? It's not really faster, just appearing to be faster, right?
    It is faster, counting the transition time used in animation. Reducing the setting basically reduces the animation time.
    04-30-18 03:29 AM
    But isn't turning the animation to .5 basically a mind trick? It's not really faster, just appearing to be faster, right?
    I will go with Mr Wu. Frankly, I have not done any critical examination of the changes with the various options. I'm not sure if anyone has done actual timing tests but suspect someone may have done them. But there's also nothing wrong with healthy skepticism - test away. (g)
    04-30-18 07:42 AM
    Or.... The speed it would be if it weren't for the delays caused by generating the animation plus the duration of the animation itself.
    04-30-18 08:01 AM
    Use nova launcher - transforms the phone
    I've heard good things about NL, but losing all my short and long press shortcuts is a big no for me.
    04-30-18 02:06 PM
    I've heard good things about NL, but losing all my short and long press shortcuts is a big no for me.
    I hear you. Works for me tho cos all my apps are on homescreen
    04-30-18 02:21 PM
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...p.shortcutkeys

Use this App in addition to alternative launchers to get your short press shortcuts back (at least). The dev is part of the crackberry community and is looking at adding the long press feature.
    Am using it with smartlauncher, it is just great and stable.
    terminatorx and FF22 like this.
    05-01-18 02:05 AM
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...p.shortcutkeys

Use this App in addition to alternative launchers to get your short press shortcuts back (at least). The dev is part of the crackberry community and is looking at adding the long press feature.
    Am using it with smartlauncher, it is just great and stable.
    Good to know, thanks.
    05-01-18 08:57 AM
    shutting animations off doesn't speed up.
    example: lets say instagram needs 3 seconds to start. Standard settings the Animation is 1 second and the rest 2 seconds you wait anyway.

setting the animations to .5 or 0 you have to wait 2,5-3 seconds till the app starts and Shows blank screen in the time. its only a mind thing. Animations are only for looking "funky" while the app starts and without animations waiting for starting apps is boring lol
    Last edited by Hulk123; 05-01-18 at 09:18 AM.
    05-01-18 09:04 AM
    shutting animations off doesn't speed up.
    example: lets say instagram needs 2-3 seconds to start. Standard settings the Animation is 1 second and the rest 2 seconds you wait anyway.

setting the animations to .5 or 0 you have to wait 2-3 seconds till the app starts and Shows blank screen in the time. its only a mind thing. Animations are only for looking "funky" while the app starts
    Whatever, it definitely appears less sluggish *to me* when I set the animations down to .5x. The main point being that it feels faster.

Have you actually tried it? Aside from your analysis, you don't agree that it makes your device feel a little faster? Even How-to-Geek website lists this as a performance tip.

https://www.howtogeek.com/348851/sev...n-android/amp/
    05-01-18 09:12 AM
    Whatever, it definitely appears less sluggish *to me* when I set the animations down to .5x.

Have you actually tried it? Aside from your analysis, you don't agree that it makes your device feel a little faster? Even How-to-Geek website lists this as a performance tip.

https://www.howtogeek.com/348851/sev...n-android/amp/
    I said that is a mind thing. It looks snappier but its not. It looks weird to me when i Switch apps with double Press the recent apps button while the animations are set to .5
    But at 1 sec it looks more fluid more polished but slower looking caused by the animations. But its the same time the app needs to start
    05-01-18 09:17 AM
    I said that is a mind thing. It looks snappier but its not. It looks weird to me when i Switch apps with double Press the recent apps button while the animations are set to .5
    But at 1 sec it looks more fluid
    It looks and feels snappier but it's not. Oh Kay. Thanks!
    05-01-18 09:19 AM
    Double post lol (delete)
    05-01-18 09:19 AM
    But at 1 sec it looks more fluid more polished but slower looking caused by the animations. But its the same time the app needs to start
    It's not about opening a app, it's about how the animation goes in the entire system. You switch between apps, you close the apps, you open app draws, those all required animation. Reduce the setting to 0.5, will make the animation time reduced as well.

Just like the PowerPoint, you make your presentation slides flyin or flyout. Without those animations, turning to next page will be faster. Animation just add a fancy level of movement to the action, exactly like the PowerPoint case. It's not a mind trick.
    Jenserm and terminatorx like this.
    05-01-18 10:39 PM
63 123