Developer : turn off animation and enable 2d rendering for GPU
    Then turn OFF DTEK logging in DTEK settings.
    Much better experience!
    03-21-18 01:25 AM
    Pretty sure the enable gpu rendering is an irrelevance these days as most developers automatically use it
    03-21-18 06:40 AM
    does DTEK logging has an impact to the performance?
    03-21-18 09:26 AM
    in my opinion yes.
    03-21-18 12:13 PM
    If reports from the Priv are any indication, swap out the Hub suite for other apps. And nuke Facebook if one hasn't already.
    falbo likes this.
    03-21-18 12:54 PM
    Developer : turn off animation and enable 2d rendering for GPU
    Then turn OFF DTEK logging in DTEK settings.
    Much better experience!
    Turning off all animations can have bad side affects on some processes. The Green Half Charging circle is one but there have been others mentioned. Reducing the animation to .5 generally does not have the adverse impacts.
    Wezard, bunjay and RLeeSimon like this.
    03-21-18 01:08 PM
    Turning off all animations can have bad side affects on some processes. The Green Half Charging circle is one but there have been others mentioned. Reducing the animation to .5 generally does not have the adverse impacts.
    Can you name more side effects or perhaps point the direction in which such effects were mentioned?
    03-21-18 01:14 PM
    Can you name more side effects or perhaps point the direction in which such effects were mentioned?
    Sorry, the brain only retains so much SPECIFIC info but recalls vague info more readily! Maybe the Productivity Tab?? But I thought there were some other animation related screens/apps/aspects that can be affected by turning animations completely off. And, frankly, I have no idea what the three different functions/settings are about.
    03-21-18 01:28 PM
    I haven't noticed problem in keeping animation turned off. All serious things work as expected and faster. Just try, in case you can go back easily
    03-21-18 01:31 PM
    I haven't noticed problem in keeping animation turned off. All serious things work as expected and faster. Just try, in case you can go back easily
    Personally I find lack of ANY animations rather jarring. I too prefer .5x.
    FF22, bibbula, Fred Wu and 1 others like this.
    03-21-18 01:35 PM
    I've noticed no adverse affects from turning all animations off, except the boost mode for charging, which I never use anyway.
    03-21-18 09:43 PM
    .5 animation scale gives you almost as much speed boost as 0
    It also looks smoother at .5, it's easy enough to try both.
    My preference is .5, others like 0, either one will net you a noticeable boost.
    FF22 and RLeeSimon like this.
    03-22-18 07:10 AM
    I checked DTek (tbh, not really sure what it is or how to use it) and it says my KeyOne's security status is poor. Not sure how to fix this. I don't have the patience to wipe my device clean and start over... Everything seems to be working fine. Any suggestions/advice? Thanks in advance.
    03-26-18 07:29 PM
    P.S. Why does it need access to my contacts to determine factory reset and remote management? I find it so annoying that some apps need access to information when it's not clear how or why they use it or need it.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-26-18 07:31 PM
    I just tried switching the animation to .5x and it does make a noticeable difference.

The only annoyance is that it's not a persistent change. If you disable developer options (in order for the DTEK app to not flag developer options as enabled, thus lowering your rating), the animation settings go back to their defaults. Moot point I guess, I don't think the lower DTEK rating does any harm.
    03-26-18 08:26 PM
    DTEK should tell you why it's giving you a poor rating. Just ignore the developer options warning.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-26-18 09:35 PM
    Exactly!
    Attached Thumbnails Tips to speedup a KEYone (and maybe others bbdroid)-screenshot_20180326-221158.jpg  
    03-26-18 10:13 PM
    The screen doesn't go blank when you put the phone to your ear. I like when the screen turns off since it keeps you from tapping things on the screen with your face...
    03-27-18 12:53 AM
    The screen doesn't go blank when you put the phone to your ear. I like when the screen turns off since it keeps you from tapping things on the screen with your face...
    Must be something else going on with your phone. My proximity sensor is working fine with all animations off.
    03-27-18 06:59 AM
    Just a little bit of input regarding this from me.

I'm an Android guy. Have been using them since 1.6. While not as long as I have been using BB, I have way more knowledge and experience with Android.

Every Android device that I've ever had that had dev options, I've turned all 3 animation categories to "off". Have zero functionality issues and it makes for a way faster and more fluid experience.

Yes, you will lose the green charging thing with one of them set to off. I forget the one off the top of my head.
    03-27-18 02:43 PM
    False, the prox sensor works correctly when the phone is placed to your ear and you have all animations set to off. If yours does not, then you have another issue.
    03-27-18 02:46 PM
    I checked DTek (tbh, not really sure what it is or how to use it) and it says my KeyOne's security status is poor. Not sure how to fix this. I don't have the patience to wipe my device clean and start over... Everything seems to be working fine. Any suggestions/advice? Thanks in advance.
    Have a look in the playstore and see if a update for dtek is available. This happened with my dtek50 a few days ago and after updating it now reports status as Excellent.

Posted via my awesome passport
    03-27-18 03:24 PM
    Must be something else going on with your phone. My proximity sensor is working fine with all animations off.
    Strange, whenever I pull it from my face to see if it's off the screen is always on???
    03-27-18 05:50 PM
    Strange, whenever I pull it from my face to see if it's off the screen is always on???
    It's supposed to do that. Maybe the screen is going back on faster than it takes for you to move it from your ear to eye view?
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-27-18 07:20 PM
    Try using your hand instead, so you can see what's happening. If your ear is triggering things, then you have an issue.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-27-18 07:57 PM
63 123