First of all I would love to share that this device is awesome. I have been using it for a month now and the battery life is amazing, same for build quality and performance.

I would like to share some of my customizations I made to my BlackBerry KEYone, which maybe could be useful to do aswell (also for Priv users).

I set my volume buttons to next/previous track on long press, just like the BB10 devices I was used to. Beside that I used a funciton called "Default to media volume" which makes the volume buttons function and change only the volume of the media, all the time (except for apps in the ignore list). This way you always control the media volume with the rockers and you can't accidentaly change the notification sound of the device (which happened to me often). I did all this with the app called Button Mapper (used the pro version, worth it): https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ar2.homebutton

TIP: How I set-up my KEYone-whatsapp-image-2017-07-04-01.10.31.jpg

I contacted the developer quite a few times and he even added the Priv side button (inbetween the volume buttons) to funciton with the app as Play/pause.

With this app you can also remap the on screen buttons of the phone. For example my BACK button is set to open the Hub on long press. For some people that want to switch the back and recents button, this is possible with this app aswell.

I used 'corner fly' to give my screen some nice edges, which looks really amazing with this phone: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rinc.cornerfly

Ofcourse everyone set the shortcut keys to function for the apps they prefer, but I would definitely recommend using short and long press to drop down the status bar (notification and full settings) which is possible with this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ldownstatusbar

After installing this app you can find 2 apps which you can assign to a shortcut: "Quick settings" and "Show notification". It works awesome with the shortcut without any noticable lag!

I used another app which is called "Fingerprint Quick Action". With this app you can use the fingerprint sensor for different type of tasks, like long press returning to home screen, or double tap to open an app, these kinds of stuff. You can even swipe on the spacebar to open an app or recents tab. The only problem with this is the led of the fingerprints keeps blinking all the time. Haven't found a solution for this, but still a very useful app!

For browsing I use Google Chrome with the address bar on the bottom. It's great and feels a bit like the old BB10 browser. You can do this by typing:
    chrome://flags
    Find Google Home and enable it!

I would also advice to lower down the animation scale time in the developer options. I have set mine on 0,5x and the phone is smooth and snappy!

These were my settings, I hope it's useful to anyone!
    Hope everyone enjoys there KEYone, I definitely am for sure!
    FF22, gqmovement, dollface and 4 others like this.
    07-03-17 06:16 PM
    First of all I would love to share that this device is awesome.

Hey, thanks for sharing some interesting ideas. I may actually try some of them with my day old Keyone.
    07-03-17 10:46 PM
    Nice. Starting to do some setups and this helps alot!
    07-03-17 11:01 PM
    May be you can contribute to the sticky thread about KEYᵒⁿᵉ tips. Some of them are mentioned there but it's worth the effort.
    07-04-17 09:09 AM
    First of all I would love to share that this device is awesome. I have been using it for a month now and the battery life is amazing, same for build quality and performance.

I would like to share some of my customizations I made to my BlackBerry KEYone, which maybe could be useful to do aswell (also for Priv users).

I set my volume buttons to next/previous track on long press, just like the BB10 devices I was used to. Beside that I used a funciton called "Default to media volume" which makes the volume buttons function and change only the volume of the media, all the time (except for apps in the ignore list). This way you always control the media volume with the rockers and you can't accidentaly change the notification sound of the device (which happened to me often). I did all this with the app called Button Mapper (used the pro version, worth it): https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ar2.homebutton

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2017-07-04 at 01.10.31.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	44.4 KB 
ID:	426436

I contacted the developer quite a few times and he even added the Priv side button (inbetween the volume buttons) to funciton with the app as Play/pause.

With this app you can also remap the on screen buttons of the phone. For example my BACK button is set to open the Hub on long press. For some people that want to switch the back and recents button, this is possible with this app aswell.

I used 'corner fly' to give my screen some nice edges, which looks really amazing with this phone: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rinc.cornerfly

Ofcourse everyone set the shortcut keys to function for the apps they prefer, but I would definitely recommend using short and long press to drop down the status bar (notification and full settings) which is possible with this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ldownstatusbar

After installing this app you can find 2 apps which you can assign to a shortcut: "Quick settings" and "Show notification". It works awesome with the shortcut without any noticable lag!

I used another app which is called "Fingerprint Quick Action". With this app you can use the fingerprint sensor for different type of tasks, like long press returning to home screen, or double tap to open an app, these kinds of stuff. You can even swipe on the spacebar to open an app or recents tab. The only problem with this is the led of the fingerprints keeps blinking all the time. Haven't found a solution for this, but still a very useful app!

For browsing I use Google Chrome with the address bar on the bottom. It's great and feels a bit like the old BB10 browser. You can do this by typing:
    chrome://flags
    Find Google Home and enable it!

I would also advice to lower down the animation scale time in the developer options. I have set mine on 0,5x and the phone is smooth and snappy!

So how much money do you get for pimping this app?
    07-04-17 09:36 AM
    So how much money do you get for pimping this app?
    Lol, nothing but he should pay me tho. But for real, it's working great. I am just a happy KEYone user who likes to share his experience and apps!
    07-04-17 10:01 AM
    thank you! I installed that Pull Down app and have the Show Notifications shortcut set for my convenience key. Works great!
    IdBeats and Dung Le like this.
    07-04-17 10:24 AM
    Thank you very much. I installed it so I don't forget the App
    07-05-17 03:31 AM