So on Bell, I can upgrade from my KeyONE for $0. Naturally, I was thinking of Key2. But here is the problem:

• Only black available, I need silver
    • Bigger problem, the stupid "this plan is not compatible with the device you chose" - which is just Bell's newest way to stick users every time they decide to upgrade.

So I thought to ask ya'll how I can get a silver key2 for no money down while keeping my plan the same?

Thanks!
    10-18-19 05:20 AM
    So on Bell, I can upgrade from my KeyONE for $0. Naturally, I was thinking of Key2. But here is the problem:

• Bigger problem, the stupid "this plan is not compatible with the device you chose" - which is just Bell's newest way to stick users every time they decide to upgrade.

So I thought to ask ya'll how I can get a silver key2 for no money down while keeping my plan the same?

Thanks!
    Haven't seen a silver KEY² in Canada for ages.
    10-18-19 07:19 AM
    I'm in the same situation as you../ with Bell Wish there was a silver Key2 available; and better plan deal. I'm just waiting to see what will happen with Key3..if it ever comes to life in the next 3 months/early 2020..
    Devil likes this.
    10-18-19 07:23 AM
    I'm in the same situation as you../ with Bell Wish there was a silver Key2 available; and better plan deal. I'm just waiting to see what will happen with Key3..if it ever comes to life in the next 3 months/early 2020..
    Pls, can you give any background info on your overoptimistic expectations?
    10-18-19 07:48 AM
    Not optimistic at all.. (Just that past devices were released in the early part of 2017 and 2018 if I remember correctly)
    10-18-19 07:56 AM
    Haven't seen a silver KEY² in Canada for ages.
    That sucks! I thought black was the premium version (like the red).. it makes no sense that they've swapped it. I guess they're trying to get full price via Amazon/Walmart for silver.

Any thoughts on the stupid plan switcheroo?
    10-18-19 08:23 AM
    That sucks! I thought black was the premium version (like the red).. it makes no sense that they've swapped it. I guess they're trying to get full price via Amazon/Walmart for silver.

The black was always the one sold by the carriers - since day 1. Silvers were only available at Amazon/Walmart/Bestbuy and they've been sold out for a long time.
    10-18-19 08:50 AM
    If you go for a Black one, who knows, you may actually end up with one that has a 2019 build date
    10-18-19 09:36 AM
    If you go for a Black one, who knows, you may actually end up with one that has a 2019 build date
    What's so special about that?
    10-18-19 10:12 AM
    What's so special about that?
    Some claim that later keyboards are built better than older ones.
    the_boon likes this.
    10-18-19 10:14 AM
    Some claim that later keyboards are built better than older ones.
    Jeez, didn't know that.
    Regardless, going to hope Bell has some loyalty going for me
    10-18-19 11:33 AM
    Jeez, didn't know that.
    Regardless, going to hope Bell has some loyalty going for me
    For the record, my KEY² device, assembled in Sep 2018, has a perfect keyboard as far as I'm concerned.
    10-18-19 11:36 AM
    is it a key² or key²LE ? what was the defect in early key²s and which version...?
    10-18-19 12:46 PM
    is it a key² or key²LE ? what was the defect in early key²s and which version...?
    Some people complain about wobbly spacebars on the KEY². Apparently this has improved in each subsequent production run.
    10-18-19 01:07 PM
    Some people complain about wobbly spacebars on the KEY². Apparently this has improved in each subsequent production run.
    I guess those little children used to assemble that are slow learners but are getting there...
    Attached Thumbnails Time to upgrade to Key2 but...-hrxw495v-hbvm48odipw6dl72ejkfbmt4t8yenimkbvvk0ktmf0xjctabnaljim9.jpeg  
    Last edited by RLeeSimon; 10-18-19 at 01:41 PM.
    Tos Abrashi likes this.
    10-18-19 01:28 PM
    I had the opportunity to upgrade my Keyone to a KeyTwo back in June. I'm on Bell and yes that BS about the plan is not compatible sucks. Since my Keyone is still performing performing great I just decided to switch to a BYOD plan with unlimited data. Not sure if Bell is still offering that plan... but you may want to consider it.

10-18-19 09:42 PM

Thanks!
    clean your teeth, close your eyes, and bite that Black key2 bullet.

It ain't the silver but it's still pretty nice. better than nut'n
    10-19-19 02:22 AM
    My black key2 is beautiful, the silver links nice, but I always wanted the black version.
    10-19-19 08:44 AM

The black Keyone was premium, but the black and silver key2 were the same internals and same price
    Devil likes this.
    10-19-19 08:45 AM
    The black Keyone was premium, but the black and silver key2 were the same internals and same price
    But Key2 Silver is being offered only on Walmart/Amazon, so I'm guessing that's their way to get full cash price so they're positioning it as premium for that full cash price.

clean your teeth, close your eyes, and bite that Black key2 bullet.

It ain't the silver but it's still pretty nice. better than nut'n
    Sadly I agree

I had the opportunity to upgrade my Keyone to a KeyTwo back in June. I'm on Bell and yes that BS about the plan is not compatible sucks. Since my Keyone is still performing performing great I just decided to switch to a BYOD plan with unlimited data. Not sure if Bell is still offering that plan... but you may want to consider it.
    I don’t think they have it anymore. I’m going to call loyalty and ask them to do something as I’ve been with Bell for quite some time.
    10-21-19 10:19 AM
    There was a silver and black version of the original KEYᵒⁿᵉ, and a black and bronze version of the extra memory KEYᵒⁿᵉ.
    10-21-19 04:23 PM
    There was a silver and black version of the original KEYᵒⁿᵉ, and a black and bronze version of the extra memory KEYᵒⁿᵉ.
    Huh, I don't remember ever seeing a 3 GB black Keyone.
    10-21-19 06:00 PM
    Huh, I don't remember ever seeing a 3 GB black Keyone.
    It was called the "space black" model and it was sold by AT&T and Telus.
    10-21-19 06:31 PM
    I see, the BlackBerry logo is black but the bezel is still silver, I. just assumed they were all silver, it looks different from the 4GB version.
    10-21-19 08:36 PM
    I see, the BlackBerry logo is black but the bezel is still silver, I. just assumed they were all silver, it looks different from the 4GB version.
    Looks black to me.
    10-21-19 09:04 PM
32 12