We have mentioned this issue multiple times to both BB Mobile and in these forums and I'm getting tired of this lack of attention. Many updates with useless additions to the keyboard but a super simple fix has been ignored for these languages, rendering the phone in effect useless for them.

The problem re-stated: When keyboard is switched to certain languages (so far Georgian, Thai, and Persian known to me), the PKB buttons still type in English and instead a VKB is popped up on the screen that types in the chosen language. A simple mapping of characters to the PKB buttons will fix the porblem and is super easy to implement, as already done for other languages.

We have bought this phone for it's PKB capability, and now for our languages it's actually HARDER to type on this phone than a regular touch phone. Rediculous. Please address this.
    01-15-18 04:01 PM
    I have an unlocked KEYᵒⁿᵉ and my pKB is set for both English and French and suggests words in both languages simultaneously ... puisque je ne trouve aucun empêchement ... switching betwixt both languages seamslessly ... même dans la même phrase ... as you can see.
    01-15-18 04:22 PM
    most of The words in the above post were done by up-swipe of suggestions in both languages !!
    01-15-18 04:24 PM
    Where's our Dvorak?!

Seriously though, it'd be nice.
    FuzzyManas likes this.
    01-15-18 04:28 PM
    I have an unlocked KEYᵒⁿᵉ and my pKB is set for both English and French and suggests words in both languages simultaneously ... puisque je ne trouve aucun empêchement ... switching betwixt both languages seamslessly ... même dans la même phrase ... as you can see.
    Glad it works for you French speakers. As mentioned it's a problem with some languages, not all
    01-15-18 09:57 PM
    Yeah you would think they would implement what the OP is saying instead of the Swipe left or right for quick phrases and a numpad
    01-16-18 12:12 AM
    Bulgarian is yet another language that never was added to BlackBerry PKB .
    pooyam likes this.
    01-16-18 03:50 AM
    Glad it works for you French speakers. As mentioned it's a problem with some languages, not all
    Isn't the language input a Google item?

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk
    01-16-18 08:28 AM
    Isn't the language input a Google item?

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk
    No
    01-16-18 01:10 PM
    Is there not a group of Google apks that accomplish adaptation of certain languages (i.e. Asian ones) ? Maybe they are needed?
    01-16-18 01:35 PM
    Where's our Dvorak?!

+1 for that
    01-16-18 01:38 PM
    This only happens with certain languages, mainly Asian I think. I use Norwegian, English and Spanish simultaneously every day. No virtual keyboard for any of those languages at least, and word suggestions work for all three at the same time... I feel the frustration of the OP, though. Hope they address the issue one day...
    01-16-18 09:45 PM
    Barbareren
    Generally it is an issue with with some non-Latin alphabet languages. (some of)These are not mapped to the hardware keys.
    01-17-18 12:54 AM
    Generally it is an issue with with some non-Latin alphabet languages. (some of)These are not mapped to the hardware keys.
    Yes, that seems to be the case. I hope they can fix that.
    01-17-18 12:57 AM
    Interestingly enough, BB10 had a mapping and worked fine. They lost it in Priv/K1.
    01-17-18 03:46 PM
    Where's our Dvorak?!

Another +1 from me for DVORAK for PKB.
    08-01-18 11:19 AM