wow! what a nice turn of event!.. patience and luck ruled in your favour, they did the right thing; a free swap/upgrade, enjoy the Black edition!
    mycroftsg likes this.
    12-26-17 08:56 AM
    I have an original Silver K1 that I bought off Amazon in May. I replaced it a couple of months ago with a Black edition off eBay...and although the Silver K1 looks good and works perfectly, in good conscience I can't bring myself to sell it on Swappa. Any suggestions? I'm considering carrying it around with me in my work bag and hoping that the screen detaches so I can return it for repair, and sell that one...
    12-26-17 10:30 AM
    If you got it on launch day, there is a pretty decent chance the screen might fall off - I used to believe mine was an exception of the batch until the day of "the amazing flip" - and it randomly happened as I took the phone out of my pocket!
    12-26-17 11:20 AM
    If you got it on launch day, there is a pretty decent chance the screen might fall off - I used to believe mine was an exception of the batch until the day of "the amazing flip" - and it randomly happened as I took the phone out of my pocket!
    That's my concern...
    12-26-17 12:06 PM
    I have an original Silver K1 that I bought off Amazon in May. I replaced it a couple of months ago with a Black edition off eBay...and although the Silver K1 looks good and works perfectly, in good conscience I can't bring myself to sell it on Swappa. Any suggestions? I'm considering carrying it around with me in my work bag and hoping that the screen detaches so I can return it for repair, and sell that one...
    I'd get a thin piece of clear tape to secure the screen to the body to avoid the ribbon from breaking. Unless you REALLY want it to come loose, in that case just use a heat gun.
    But yeah if you really want a silver one along with your black, go for one made July or later.
    Michael Saxon likes this.
    12-26-17 12:33 PM
    I want to get rid of the silver K1, but I can't bring myself to sell a known flawed device.

I like the heat gun option.
    12-26-17 12:35 PM
    That's my concern...
    You might try using a suction cup to tug on it in a controlled manner. Although I did that twice as well as fighting to get it into and out of the Tumi case (a bear of a struggle - no kidding), it showed no signs of detaching. Then one evening I looked at it and light was streaming out of the left edge as the screen was lifting along that entire side. I taped it till I sent it back for a new one.
    12-26-17 12:47 PM
    I want to get rid of the silver K1, but I can't bring myself to sell a known flawed device.

I like the heat gun option.
    Either heat gun, get the screen off, put some 5mm double sided tape and fix it, then keep or sell it.

Or, heat gun, take a photo of the screen coming off, tape it on outside to prevent cable from ripping, and then claim for warranty.
    12-26-17 12:55 PM
    This is an interesting situation - have you tried contacting BBMobile and ask for an exchange even when the screen hasn't come off? You never know what they would say.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-27-17 02:14 AM
    This is an interesting situation - have you tried contacting BBMobile and ask for an exchange even when the screen hasn't come off? You never know what they would say.
    Actually, I have to say that the situation is still awful. Folks really should not have to anxiously wait around wondering if their screen will pop off. I don't know how many have failed but it really is unfair to users. I was lucky. In my case, I noticed the screen displaced along the left side and was able to tape it to prevent catastrophic failure with the ribbon cable tearing. I frankly don't care that it is covered by warranty after the fact as it remains a total imposition on the consumer.

And there does not seem to be a way to truly test screen adhesion. As I've written, I used a strong suction cup at each corner two different times and got no movement. I also really did wrestle the KeyOne into and out of its Tumi case two or three times and also saw no screen movement. So, it just decides to pop when it's good and ready.

Just not a good situation.
    Rant over!
    mycroftsg likes this.
    12-27-17 12:07 PM
    My problem is the risk that the claim is denied, and then denied later if/when it does break because clearly I just wanted a replacement device.
    12-27-17 08:23 PM
36 12