Needless to say how much it breaks my heart. My KeyOne is part of the original batch on May 31, and after so many reports, I was hoping I got lucky with a fault-free device. I took great care of it, had a screen protector on and a case. I never drop it, not significantly at least.

Then came today, I finished a phone call, turned the phone over and it just lifted. No drop, no sudden movement, nothing. It just suddenly lifted from the side.

I bought this from Amazon US when I was visiting. Now that I am back to my own country (Singapore) what are my options? How can I send this back to TCL for a replacement device?

Would really appreciate it if anyone knows what to do here... the screen still lit up from the back, suggesting it probably still works, but I can't turn it on, it's just all black.
    Attached Thumbnails Three months later... and the screen finally lifted-img_0363.jpg   Three months later... and the screen finally lifted-image.jpg  
    09-18-17 05:55 AM
    There's a JerryRigEverything YouTube Video where he replaces the screen on both his original KEYᵒⁿᵉ and his later build KEYᵒⁿᵉ on which he tested the screen lift issue. Based on what I can see in the video it should be easy to fix your device if the ribbon cable hasn't broken. You will just need to grab the appropriate tape to do the job yourself.

Link: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...-HTApMJ7ukl5Ww
    Last edited by danp2000; 09-18-17 at 11:28 AM.
    09-18-17 06:11 AM
    thanks for this. I tried pushing the screen back and turning it on, but it's just all black, seems like only the back light is working.

So I think I need to return it - I don't want to risk using my Keyone as well now that it has lifted. My work relies heavily on constant communication.
    09-18-17 06:32 AM
    thanks for this. I tried pushing the screen back and turning it on, but it's just all black, seems like only the back light is working.

So I think I need to return it - I don't want to risk using my Keyone as well now that it has lifted. My work relies heavily on constant communication.
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...y-1113727-new/
    09-18-17 10:26 AM
    If you can return it in any way do it! Why would you wanna fix it yourself and maybe loose warranty?

CB10 on my Classic
    09-18-17 11:52 AM
    I think you guys are missing the point here.
    He bought his device at an American Vendor (Amazon.com) while staying in the U.S.
    He then went home to Singapore.

I guess the question is what kind of warranty people might have that bought a device in one country but live in another. And if there is a warranty, whom you must contact/send the device.

Interesting question also for those wanting to import the Indian version I guess.
    09-18-17 12:04 PM
    I think you guys are missing the point here.
    He bought his device at an American Vendor (Amazon.com) while staying in the U.S.
    He then went home to Singapore.

I guess the question is what kind of warranty people might have that bought a device in one country but live in another. And if there is a warranty, whom you must contact/send the device.

Interesting question also for those wanting to import the Indian version I guess.
    That's been an issue for many products and purchases out of your home country. Last summer I was impressed by Bose headphones at the Amsterdam airport. I would have enjoyed them on the 9 hour flight back home. But refrained since I had no idea if the warranty would be honored back in the US. And I've seen complaints about this issue over the years (not necessarily BOSE). So what can a traveler do if they want to purchase while on vacation? International or multi-national corporations should be their warranty conditions ironed out. There's little reason why a warranty can't be honored if they want to do so.
    gizmo21 likes this.
    09-18-17 12:37 PM
    4 months for me and still waiting for my screen
    09-18-17 12:48 PM
    If you can return it in any way do it! Why would you wanna fix it yourself and maybe loose warranty?

CB10 on my Classic
    If you use tape u won't lose your warranty. I had mine self fixed until I wasn't happy with the fix anymore. Simply peel off the tape and return. Now if u glue it, then you're out of luck. Outside the US people unfortunately have a very long and drawn out wait for a warranty exchange. It's a shame they have to go through that.
    09-18-17 02:14 PM
    there is a repair center in hongkong. I purchased mine via UK selfridges but managed to have the screen fixed in Dubai UAE were im based. so I think you should coordinate with the bb repair in hongkong
    09-18-17 03:29 PM
    This happened to mine too after a small drop with a case on. They sent a replacement fairly quickly, and after I received it, I put a lot of stress on the screen flexing it both ways. I seem to have a fixed version of the phone.

And to be honest, the screen popping out was a relief for me. I dropped the phone once before and had some scuff marks; my convenience key was a bit messed up after I dropped my phone in the dirt. I received a physical reset.
    09-18-17 07:19 PM
    This initially made me worried for my also Amazon-purchased KEYone, then I remembered you said you're in Singapore now... I wonder if it's the heat?
    09-18-17 08:17 PM
    Needless to say how much it breaks my heart. My KeyOne is part of the original batch on May 31, and after so many reports, I was hoping I got lucky with a fault-free device. I took great care of it, had a screen protector on and a case. I never drop it, not significantly at least.

Then came today, I finished a phone call, turned the phone over and it just lifted. No drop, no sudden movement, nothing. It just suddenly lifted from the side.

I bought this from Amazon US when I was visiting. Now that I am back to my own country (Singapore) what are my options? How can I send this back to TCL for a replacement device?

Would really appreciate it if anyone knows what to do here... the screen still lit up from the back, suggesting it probably still works, but I can't turn it on, it's just all black.
    My friend. Go to TCL's website https://www.blackberrymobile.com/uk/...xoCWcYQAvD_BwE

Go to the support page or contact us and report your problem. Send them a message through their site and they will contact you and arrange a repair or replacement of your device.
    09-18-17 09:40 PM
    Thank you guys so much for weighing in, especially tropicalberry. I just found out that Blackberry has a service center in Singapore (with Alcatel). Will go there and find out more before filling in the support link. It seems like a pain if I have to send this overseas for servicing though.
    09-19-17 06:08 AM
    @cbvinh definitely not the heat man. I have brought this phone with me on various business trips to both hotter and colder areas and nothing happened.
    09-19-17 06:09 AM
    @cbvinh definitely not the heat man. I have brought this phone with me on various business trips to both hotter and colder areas and nothing happened.
    Might be a case where the heat over time degraded what little glue there is. Would be interesting to know the failure rate over time for these.... as age will also be a factor.

Hope you can get it fixed locally, please let us know how things turn out.
    09-19-17 07:42 AM
    Update: so I talked to the local BB service center, unfortunately they are not going to help me because it is not a local set. They advised me to contact Amazon/bbmobile to work thing out. It's a real shame that I'll have to send this one back, probably on my own dime.

A silver lightning is that the service guy confirmed with me that the black keyone will be launched in Singapore "very soon". He has a demo set in the store and I played around with it, barely any difference but the keyboard seems to be a little more clicky to press than my set. And most importantly, the screen seems solid and not lifting.
    09-19-17 11:34 AM
    Might be a case where the heat over time degraded what little glue there is. Would be interesting to know the failure rate over time for these.... as age will also be a factor.

Hope you can get it fixed locally, please let us know how things turn out.
    Thanks... that's what I was getting at. Heat over time, not all of a sudden. In the JerryRig videos, he commonly uses heat to soften adhesive and then wedges the screen open. The wedging would be akin to flexing the KEYone in a hot environment.
    09-19-17 12:30 PM
    Absolutely shocking about this screen issue.... you would of thought they'll sort this out by now with some... i dunno BOLTS? lol... but still glue is weak as f...****

Blackberry or whoever make the phone snow TCL? need to really sort it out.
    09-19-17 01:04 PM
    Absolutely shocking about this screen issue.... you would of thought they'll sort this out by now with some... i dunno BOLTS? lol... but still glue is weak as f...****

Blackberry or whoever make the phone snow TCL? need to really sort it out.
    They have sorted it out.... the just didn't do a general recall, so those like the OP that bought early may have to face this situation. Really don't know if this will affect 100% of users that bought pre "fix" in July or if it will end up on affecting a small group of those early adopters.
    09-19-17 01:08 PM
    Other than my pocket, my cdma Keyone has not really been exposed to a lot of higher temperatures. I think that simply, the glue was both defective and insufficient.
    09-19-17 03:01 PM
    Really don't know if this will affect 100% of users that bought pre "fix" in July or if it will end up on affecting a small group of those early adopters.
    That "small" group is easily in the couple hundreds just on CB, not to mention Twitter, and then all those who don't post on the Internet about having the issue
    09-19-17 03:22 PM
    Other than my pocket, my cdma Keyone has not really been exposed to a lot of higher temperatures. I think that simply, the glue was both defective and insufficient.
    I guess I'll have to wait for the ultimate demise of mine... operating temperature usually 60-80 F, briefly in the 90 F's for a week or two, kept in vest pocket most of the time, sometimes in back pocket, no drops as of yet, 3.5 months in...
    09-19-17 07:51 PM
    my screen came away last Thursday. I contacted bb mobile and put it in the post on Saturday. it was delivered to my office this morning (Thursday), with a brand new screen back in place. I think they may have given it a little spruce up as well they keys feel a little different. or perhaps it's my imagination/contrast to the Q10 I've been using for the past week.

the contact details for your country are on the bb mobile website.

the agent I spoke to was very helpful and understood this was a known issue. I am very pleased with the whole process.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-21-17 04:18 PM
    So - just got my phone replaced last week. Thought I would update this thread so everyone who has/will have this problem could use some guidance.

I contacted BBMobile at BlackBerry KEYone - Official website - Support - Contact us - they responded quite promptly. At first they said I would need to send the device back to the US for replacement, but then suddenly they said it could be repaired in Singapore!

Then put me on auto email response for quite some time while they presumably had an internal debate on whether they would repair or replace my phone. Roughly 7 weeks later I sent an angry email asking for a final decision.

But then something happened in my favor - the Keyone launched in Singapore in its Black version, and it seems they had some stocks in place. So about two months from when I started contacting them, they decided to replace the phone for me.

Took about two weeks for the logistics of the replacement to play out... but when I got the replacement phone, it was a Black version with 4GB RAM/64GB internal storage to replace my Silver version!

A bit frustrated with the long wait but really happy I got the upgrade - though a week of experience with it shows that it's not that much of a difference compared to my old Silver Keyone.

Anyway, hope this helps. Terrible response time from them but definitely kudos for the "upgrade"!
    Thannor, FF22 and IvanTheTolerable like this.
    12-26-17 03:51 AM
36 12