my KEYone (CDMA) is out for delivery, will post pics when it gets here!
    Please, for the love of all that is good, please post and let us know if it works ASAP when you get your phone!
    06-11-17 04:36 PM
    Verizon only gives you trouble when activating a new sim card on a new non-verizon phone. Activate that sim on an official Verizon device temporarily then move it to the non-verizon device and it will work fine. So long as it hasn't been blacklisted (stolen phone database)

I'm planning on moving my existing sim to my K1 when it arrives. If it is the wrong size I'm going to borrow another android device with the same size sim and activate it there. Keep in mind that Verizon uses different sim cards for Apple and Android devices despite them being the same size. So you may not be able to use an apple activated sim card in the K1.
    bbhybridchris likes this.
    06-11-17 04:38 PM
    Verizon only gives you trouble when activating a new sim card on a new non-verizon phone. Activate that sim on an official Verizon device temporarily then move it to the non-verizon device and it will work fine. So long as it hasn't been blacklisted (stolen phone database)

I'm planning on moving my existing sim to my K1 when it arrives. If it is the wrong size I'm going to borrow another android device with the same size sim and activate it there. Keep in mind that Verizon uses different sim cards for Apple and Android devices despite them being the same size. So you may not be able to use an apple activated sim card in the K1.
    I'm on Verizon and I move my ONE SIM card between my BB Classic, unlocked Samsung S6 and iPhone 6S, they all work just fine
    06-11-17 04:41 PM
    I'm on Verizon and I move my ONE SIM card between my BB Classic, unlocked Samsung S6 and iPhone 6S, they all work just fine
    It's probably something to do with initial activation. Once activated you are right, as long as it fits it should work.

I had on several occasions had to have Verizon ship out new (apple) sim cards when activating apple products.
    dollface likes this.
    06-11-17 04:46 PM
    Removing my Verizon Classic Nano-SIM card and placing it into my Apple 6S Plus was never a problem. The 6S Plus was purchased unlocked direct from Apple, not Verizon. 99.99% sure there will be no problem doing same for anyone purchasing the CDMA phone from Blackberry Mobile. Enjoy!

Posted via Blackberry® Classic SQC-100 / 10.3.3.1463
    dollface likes this.
    06-11-17 05:00 PM
    Don't feed the troll spreading fud. I haven't purchased a phone from Verizon since they cancelled the original unlimited data plan years ago and I've purchased several international phones recently off of ebay. As long as you already have an activated sim card, it's as simple as powering down your old phone taking out the sim inserting it into your new phone and powering it on. If your new phone has any radio bands that work on Verizons network the sim card will recognize them. And since the cdma k1 was built for Verizon everything will work just fine. So relax and get ready to enjoy your new phone stress free.....unless your screen pops out. Lol.
    dollface and tnewton3 like this.
    06-11-17 05:05 PM
    Agree, Panthro... plenty of misinformation in this thread creating unnecessary confusion.

06-11-17 05:25 PM
    my KEYone (CDMA) is out for delivery, will post pics when it gets here!
    Did you get your phone?
    jcrutchvt2010 likes this.
    06-11-17 06:29 PM
    Don't feed the troll spreading fud. I haven't purchased a phone from Verizon since they cancelled the original unlimited data plan years ago and I've purchased several international phones recently off of ebay. As long as you already have an activated sim card, it's as simple as powering down your old phone taking out the sim inserting it into your new phone and powering it on. If your new phone has any radio bands that work on Verizons network the sim card will recognize them. And since the cdma k1 was built for Verizon everything will work just fine. So relax and get ready to enjoy your new phone stress free.....unless your screen pops out. Lol.
    Valid...easy to see the troll because of post number and the fact he hasn't read anything on here stating the opposite.
    06-11-17 07:28 PM
    I doubt Amazon would have labeled it CDMA - Verizon if it wouldn't be supported. It is odd though that it's not on the Verizon website.
    06-11-17 07:32 PM
    Did you get your phone?
    YES!! I have it right now and its up and running! I will post pictures in a few hours. I did post some pictures just a few minutes ago (started a brand new thread) but realized my IMEI was clearly visible. So i deleted and will repost once I get home in a few hours. Rest assured, the CDMA variant is real, and it works simply by swapping my Verizon sim card from my Classic! stay tuned.....
    06-11-17 07:36 PM
    YES!! I have it right now and its up and running! I will post pictures in a few hours. I did post some pictures just a few minutes ago (started a brand new thread) but realized my IMEI was clearly visible. So i deleted and will repost once I get home in a few hours. Rest assured, the CDMA variant is real, and it works simply by swapping my Verizon sim card from my Classic! stay tuned.....
    Did you ever know that you're my hero...!!!!!
    dollface and bluesqueen23 like this.
    06-11-17 07:37 PM
    Yay!!!! Thanks for confirming that, lots of happy people here. I switching from a Classic too
    06-11-17 07:40 PM
    Can you confirm that you can use voice and text over CDMA as well as data over LTE? Thanks.
    06-11-17 08:31 PM
    Can we get a screenshot, that's all we need
    06-11-17 09:47 PM
    i just got an update. arriving on June 14. ! Guess Amazon got a shipment. Ordered mine on the afternoon or May 31 CDMA version and they are sending it 1 day shipping for free!
    06-11-17 10:05 PM
    Confirmed, works for me
    06-12-17 12:14 AM
    Can you confirm that you can use voice and text over CDMA as well as data over LTE? Thanks.
    Confirmed, works for me!
    06-12-17 12:15 AM
    Did you ever know that you're my hero...!!!!!
    Haha! Its been a long long long....and frustrating wait....
    dollface likes this.
    06-12-17 12:15 AM
    Verizon doesn't just support phones because it's CDMA, you have to give them the imei and esn # so it can see if it's in the system..someone misled you with that information
    No you don't. I've used numerous devices from other networks on verizon. pop in the sim, and off I go.
    06-12-17 08:34 AM
    Sooo, my CDMA phone was delivered a few moments ago. Stunning!! And what do you know, I swapped the Verizon SIM card from my Classic into my new KeyOne and....... well I'll let you see! I'm so freaking happy
    06-12-17 08:47 AM
    Sooo, my CDMA phone was delivered a few moments ago. Stunning!! And what do you know, I swapped the Verizon SIM card from my Classic into my new KeyOne and....... well I'll let you see! I'm so freaking happyhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...0be0447385.jpg
    Welcome to the Club! I know that feeling, and man is it a great one !
    dollface likes this.
    06-12-17 09:09 AM
    Verizon doesn't just support phones because it's CDMA, you have to give them the imei and esn # so it can see if it's in the system..someone misled you with that information
    I'm fairly certain that's not the case. An unlisted phone can't activate a Sim card on their network but an active Sim should work just fine. According to my conversation with Verizon they do not lock or ban any phones.
    06-12-17 09:10 AM
    This certainly clears up all the misinformation surrounding Verizon activation and the CDMA K1. Exactly as advertised by TCL. Enjoy!

06-12-17 10:48 PM
74 123