Verizon doesn't just support phones because it's CDMA, you have to give them the imei and esn # so it can see if it's in the system..someone misled you with that information
    Is your current phone with Verizon?
    06-11-17 09:59 AM
    Yes , I have Verizon and straight talk AT&T.. I personally think TCL is misleading people knowing that the CDMA version won't work now but will work with a GSM carrier
    06-11-17 10:02 AM
    Yes , I have Verizon and straight talk AT&T.. I personally think TCL is misleading people knowing that the CDMA version won't work now but will work with a GSM carrier
    Perhaps we should just wait and see what tomorrow brings when some of us start getting our CDMA Amazon phones. That's part of the perks with Amazon, if it doesn't work you just print a label and return!!
    06-11-17 10:11 AM
    That's not the issue , why is TCL shipping these phones out. It's a simple yes or no answer, do these phones work on the Verizon network, they have you used misleading language to sell a product
    06-11-17 10:13 AM
    That's not the issue , why is TCL shipping these phones out. It's a simple yes or no answer, do these phones work on the Verizon network, they have you used misleading language to sell a product
    You have no idea if the device will or will not work. We are betting that TCL and Verizon have figured this out before giving amazon the description to market this phone. These are a few very big companies and we all think they aren't false advertising to us to sell a device. If you check other posts you will see chats/calls with Verizon reps that confirm this device will be allowed on their network. I have zero doubt we will see posts within the next couple of days with the KEYone working great on Verizon.
    06-11-17 10:21 AM
    Lol...these people are lying about those chats. You have to give them the serial number to the phone for them to run it first. Why don't you just call Verizon yourself and ask them directly . If the phone will work why hasn't TCL or Verizon made an official announcement. You can go into a Verizon store and ask them too. This is not rocket science. That's another problem, the fact that you have to speculate after you spent $600 if the phone will work. People are having issues with t mobile and AT&T not registering the Keyone correctly, not getting LTe. Remembe people saying the same thing about taking the Passport to Verizon and activating it, we see how that turned out
    06-11-17 10:30 AM
    Verizon doesn't just support phones because it's CDMA, you have to give them the imei and esn # so it can see if it's in the system..someone misled you with that information
    That is incorrect. You don't have to call them at all. You take the sim from your current device and put it in the KEYone and it will work fine. Same as an unlocked Pixel that I have used since not long after release. Never once had to place a call to Verizon.
    06-11-17 10:30 AM
    You are completely wrong, the phone itself has to be activated, anybody who has Verizon knows that. A brand new phone has to have the ESN # activated. When you buy a phone from Verizon, the rep calls the number in , the same way with Sprint
    06-11-17 10:33 AM
    You are completely wrong, the phone itself has to be activated, anybody who has Verizon knows that. A brand new phone has to have the ESN # activated. When you buy a phone from Verizon, the rep calls the number in , the same way with Sprint
    Bless your heart, lets just wait and see what tomorrow brings. Enjoy the weekend!!!
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    06-11-17 10:44 AM
    Lol...tommorow is no different from today....
    06-11-17 10:47 AM
    Lol...tommorow is no different from today....
    Dude I don't know why this is bothering you so bad lol...are you on verizon or sprint trying to get a K1 to work?

Posted via CB10
    06-11-17 11:01 AM
    I don't know why you posted, am I bothering you dude, don't you have something else to do dude. Dude I'm on Verizon, so are you happy now dude..
    06-11-17 11:03 AM
    I got an email from Amazon today that my CDMA Keyone has shipped. I checked the tracking number and it was picked up today at 07:14 at the Kenosha Wisconsin warehouse. It is only 70 miles away so looks like I will get it tomorrow.
    dollface likes this.
    06-11-17 11:17 AM
    My CC has been charged and my K1 is preparing to ship! Tuesday can't get here fast enough.
    dollface likes this.
    06-11-17 11:54 AM
    At least one poster here did contact Verizon and they did say it would work. It would not make business sense at all for TCL to produce KEYᵒⁿᵉ phones and go to the trouble of selling them as working on Verizon and then them not to work on Verizon. Amazon has excellent return policies. They know they would end up with returned phones at great expense to themselves. They are a business that wants to sell phones that aren't returned, after all.
    06-11-17 12:14 PM
    TCL never said they worked on Verizon, said it was optimized for their network. Does it make sense to sell a phone , but don't have an official announcement from TCL or Verizon. Yes it will work on their network and be allowed on its network is two different things. I can't see why Verizon would allow a phone they don't even sell on their network, you just talking about a few hundred , or thousand phones if that
    06-11-17 12:20 PM
    TCL never said they worked on Verizon, said it was optimized for their network. Does it make sense to sell a phone , but don't have an official announcement from TCL or Verizon. Yes it will work on their network and be allowed on its network is two different things. I can't see why Verizon would allow a phone they don't even sell on their network, you just talking about a few hundred , or thousand phones if that
    Are you just trying to make people mad on this thread? Again, we are all trusting that Verizon, Amazon and TCL did their due diligence before marketing the device. I'm sorry but how are we supposed to trust someone on CrackBerry that has just over 100 total posts. Just leave it alone man.
    dollface and lherch like this.
    06-11-17 12:53 PM
    Lol..you sound desperate , I can have just one post, you worried about me , this is basic knowledge for anyone who has dealt with Verizon for 15 years. Again you can call Verizon yourself and ask them. Why don't you do your due diligence before commenting on a post. It's simple , TCL is completely quiet on this, I know people who work in Verizon who haven't seen any emails in regards to blackberry. If people get mad they should be made it the right source , not the person who is telling them be careful and research this product before spending money
    06-11-17 12:59 PM
    Seems to be a lot of second guessing in this thread. Once the CDMA K1 is in hand with those on Verizon, I'm sure we'll all know what's what on the activation front.

Posted via Blackberry® Classic SQC-100 / 10.3.3.1463
    phuoc likes this.
    06-11-17 01:25 PM
    Lol...these people are lying about those chats. You have to give them the serial number to the phone for them to run it first. Why don't you just call Verizon yourself and ask them directly . If the phone will work why hasn't TCL or Verizon made an official announcement. You can go into a Verizon store and ask them too. This is not rocket science. That's another problem, the fact that you have to speculate after you spent $600 if the phone will work. People are having issues with t mobile and AT&T not registering the Keyone correctly, not getting LTe. Remembe people saying the same thing about taking the Passport to Verizon and activating it, we see how that turned out
    Hmmm....with Verizon for a very long time. I have, since bb10 launched, had many phones. Simply because I switched models. On Verizon, I am currently with a Z30. All phones I got other then my Z10 or my Z30, I got from the marketplace here. Never once called verizon. Just took my Sim out and popped it in new phone and was good to go. Logged into the website and it showed my current phone. So, I am not sure why you are stuck on this have to call and do imie thing, but I have yet to do it in four years. But that is just my experience as a long time Verizon user.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-17 01:49 PM
    Have you seen this on Verizon website, have you heard anything in regards to that, you can call Verizon right now and ask them...the answer is no as of right now
    I spoke with Verizon before ordering the KEYone and told the representative what I was ordering. I was told that I just needed to put my Sim card in and I would be good to go.
    dollface and phuoc like this.
    06-11-17 01:56 PM
    Verizon sold those, they are approved phones... If you buy a brand new phone from Verizon, they have to call and get the phone itself activated, this is not up to debate...or you can call in the esn # yourself, they give you instructions for this... You can take your sim out and pop it in if the phone is already activated, I do that all the time. That's how Verizon is able to blacklist phones
    06-11-17 01:56 PM
    Verizon deosnt work like that, they are a CDMA network not a GSM network. You just don't pop sim cards into phones Verizon doesn't sell. Did you give him the esn or imei #
    06-11-17 02:00 PM
    For work I plug in my SIM card into prepaid CDMA phones from other carriers and they work perfectly on Verizon no issues.
    06-11-17 02:01 PM
    my KEYone (CDMA) is out for delivery, will post pics when it gets here!
    dollface, Frenzytom, phuoc and 1 others like this.
    06-11-17 02:21 PM
74 123