Granted there are no lot of us but I've yet to meet someone with this issue. we have about 5 KEYone users at work and I know two personal friends that have them. The only difference all of our phones we got from carrier not 3rd party( amazon, bestbuy etc)
    07-18-17 10:29 AM
    Based on everything in this thread and the mega thread regarding the mediocre customer support, would it be a better bet to count on BBMo's "warranty" or go for 2mm smartphone adhesive tape and do an easy fix? (If the screen lifts but ribbon connector stays intact of course)
    I'm thinking, if I have a problem, to have a trained professional do this for me.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-17 01:29 PM
    I am not going to lie. I do worry about my screen to come off too but it has been months and I bought it in late April (first batch).

Knowing that BlackBerry will replace or fix it is a relief. I had waited for the device long enough and with BlackBerry backing it up with warranty I don't think you need to worry. I honestly don't care about the numbers as far as I'm covered.

If you recall, Note 7 was plagued but people still held it even they were forced to return theirs. So yeah, I really wanted an Android with BlackBerry famous keyboard. And am happily using it for the past few months.
    Don't hold your breath. I'm in the sinking boat my friend.
    07-18-17 01:51 PM
    That was very disconcerting and infuriating to hear...and just the reason I'd be reluctant to send mine in for warranty repair.

Posted via CB10
    Nothing to do with the fact that the UK repair company has a 1.8 rating from 72 customer reviews. Hence why I'm not sending mine to those err...... Begins with Cow and ends in Boys.
    07-18-17 01:54 PM
    I'm thinking, if I have a problem, to have a trained professional do this for me.

Posted via CB10
    Trained as in not in the UK
    07-18-17 01:55 PM
    Nothing to do with the fact that the UK repair company has a 1.8 rating from 72 customer reviews. Hence why I'm not sending mine to those err...... Begins with Cow and ends in Boys.
    Not disregarding that, either. I may not always have much to say, but avidly follow these threads. Your situation, I should note, I have found to be most deflating.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-17 01:59 PM
    Trained as in not in the UK
    I wasn't speaking, necessarily, of BlackBerry or TCL affiliated employees. Just someone, I hope, that is trained in general smartphone repair. I've done simple things myself, but would rather trust someone that has much more experience than myself. I can only hope they are not a clown of the industry.

Again, sorry for your troubles. I understand your anger and frustration. I would feel that way myself.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-17 02:02 PM
    I wasn't speaking, necessarily, of BlackBerry or TCL affiliated employees. Just someone, I hope, that is trained in general smartphone repair. I've done simple things myself, but would rather trust someone that has much more experience than myself. I can only hope they are not a clown of the industry.

Again, sorry for your troubles. I understand your anger and frustration. I would feel that way myself.

Posted via CB10
    Hi, I should have stipulated that the "trained" technicians being used by TCL/Blackberry here in the UK don't appear to be that we'll trained lol.
    07-18-17 02:10 PM
    Well trained not we'll trained. Typo. ������
    07-18-17 02:12 PM
    Well trained not we'll trained. Typo. ��
    Oh, I smell what you are stepping in! ☺

But I consider your situation and Herr_Tan with the bent frets and loose keys...or the fellow from Mexico, with no one to send or receive his device. The discrepancies make me sick. It makes no sense. Should not all customers be served under the same umbrella? Maybe I am crossing a line with my comments, but I cannot help but wonder.

Posted via CB10
    Barbareren likes this.
    07-18-17 02:19 PM
    Oh, I smell what you are stepping in! ☺

But I consider your situation and Herr_Tan with the bent frets and loose keys...or the fellow from Mexico, with no one to send or receive his device. The discrepancies make me sick. It makes no sense. Should not all customers be served under the same umbrella? Maybe I am crossing a line with my comments, but I cannot help but wonder.

Posted via CB10
    That's why I started this thread, to ask for the bbmobile company policy:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...erage-1115528/

I hope @BlackBerry Mobile doesn't ignore this question.
    NightFire and Barbareren like this.
    07-18-17 02:26 PM

I hope @BlackBerry Mobile doesn't ignore this question, the answer is relevant to not just the KEYone buyers, but all future devices they sell.
    I hope they don't ignore the question, either, because as much as I am a 'loyalist', I am reluctant to ignore the writing on the wall. Precisely why I have continued to adopt BlackBerry devices that went Android. I love my keyboard and my choices are limited. Thank you for your efforts.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-17 02:30 PM

Good that you started this but sadly unless you live in the USA or possibly Canada, it appears that any where else, not a hope of a new upgraded KEYone.
    Barbareren likes this.
    07-18-17 02:35 PM
    relax.
    Relax. For what exactly?
    JeBe4 likes this.
    07-18-17 02:44 PM
    Granted there are no lot of us but I've yet to meet someone with this issue. we have about 5 KEYone users at work and I know two personal friends that have them. The only difference all of our phones we got from carrier not 3rd party( amazon, bestbuy etc)
    I've not personally met anyone else yet that even owns a KEYone, let alone one with a screen issue. My screen fell out after two months and 8 days. Dozens of other owner's have experienced this and no doubt never met, except via CB forum.
    07-18-17 02:48 PM
    The KEYone screen megathread has dozens of affected phones, not just a few.
    NightFire likes this.
    07-18-17 02:50 PM
    Good that you started this but sadly unless you live in the USA or possibly Canada, it appears that any where else, not a hope of a new upgraded KEYone.
    It's not just replacement devices, it's also about getting your device fixed onshore or offshore, there is no apparent consistency between call centre responses.

I'm wondering if that's because the call centres are all contracted out and use their own answer scripts, and have not in fact been given a bbmobile script......
    NightFire and Barbareren like this.
    07-18-17 02:53 PM
    It's not just replacement devices, it's also about getting your device fixed onshore or offshore, there is no apparent consistency between call centre responses.

I'm wondering if that's because the call centres are all contracted out and use their own answer scripts, and have not in fact been given a bbmobile script......
    I see your point. Your guess is probably as good as any, until someone on CB can get Blackberry or TCL to enlighten us as to why certain customers are not being afforded the same 'service' as others.
    Barbareren likes this.
    07-18-17 03:56 PM

I fear they don't give a flying rat's arse. They only seem to care about their US/Canadian customers. F-'em. If my screen falls out I already know I won't get any help from BB Mobile/TCL whatsoever, since I reside in Mexico. I'd have to fix it myself. I've said it before, but I'll gladly say it again: The only reason I've been using a BB the last few years is because no other manufacturer makes pkb phones anymore. If there was a decent alternative, then adiós BB and their borderline racist customer 'service' (yes, I went there).
    07-18-17 05:07 PM
    Lol this made me laugh lol ! Hahah so funny - well if I couldn't get it, I'd just get the $ from my man - lol -

And......after a long shower, (are all woman this indecisive). - I just can't part ways with my KEYᵒⁿᵉ - sigh ahahha lol omg - I have to stop doing this stuff to myself - I am trying not to be paranoid about keeping it - I am very good with my stuff I don't break it drop it etc. It would **** me off to receive a refurb when I didn't even break my phone, the glue did /s

Lol
    Preemptive action - just slap a heaping wad of scotch tape on the four corners and don't worry about it!

Use double-sided tape and stick it to a wall when you are not using it!

And I have to agree - being relegated to a warranty process which remains somewhat undefined does not instill confidence. It seem UK users send for repair while some (???) US users can arrange cross shipping with a credit card hold.
    07-18-17 07:38 PM
    Apparently I'm one of the "unlucky" ones. Was out of town at a music festival this weekend when I noticed my screen was detached. I initially thought 'oh great, guess I'll superglue it when I get home'. Unfortunately, during the course of the weekend, I dropped it off my seat and screen's ribbon connector fully detached leaving me with an unusable phone.

On the bright side, I was a day out from Amazon's 30 day return policy, so will ship back for a refund. I was hoping I'd be able to buy a new one, receiving it before shipping the old one back. Sadly, everyone appears to be back ordered. That said, any ideas how I can best retrieve my data not on my SD card without a screen?

Incidentally, I did contact TCL but have yet to receive a reply.

Attachment 427259
    Seeing that makes me cringe .......... Omg !!! It's like dont store ANY data on the device keep it all on the SD card non decrypt - they should just have a one stop replace - I mean take the ones we Mail back and tidy up for future refurbs -no reason we should have to get refurb when this is a manufacturer mistake
    07-19-17 03:23 AM
46 12