Initiating a return (sad face) due to the lack of confidence in how the screen fallout is being handled -_-

I take issue with the way TCL/RIM/BlackBerry/Whoever has chosen to handle the screen fall out issues - and I am seeing increased reports from devices falling out after the 30 day return period, forcing people to deal directly with TCL/RIM/BlackBerry?Whoever and depending on your region it seems to determine what type of customer service you receive.

I am more upset with the ambiguous responses and lack of clarity. Was this truly an oversight on a "small number" of units, because the way they have gone about addressing replacements is inconsistent. It appears that in fact the entire batch was plagued by this issue, and it just sounds better to say its effecting only a small number of users.

I am guessing the issue is potential for any device that doesn't have the "additional" adhesive, why? -well if it truly was just a small number then you should be able to indicate which batch/imei/serial #'s are affected (eliminate the guessing game,increase consumer confidence) and remedy them accordingly. But based solely on their responses, I am guessing that the entire batch was effected and/or they have no way of verifying/knowing which units are effected which is even worse and contradicts your public response to the matter.

I want them to be successful, and for the past few years it just seems to be mistake after mistake after mistake. Consumers need to have confidence - and the few reports I have read from a few users having return/replacement issues due to a well known issue is very disparaging and gives me great pause. If they truly knew the total number aka this "small batch" then their public response would have been way different - it seems the truth is, they don't have a way of knowing (which is a contradiction, you would have to know some identifying element to make such a claim) what units are affected, or it was all the units and the blow back would have been worse to say such - I don't want to find myself in a "warranty" issue, I don't want to send my phone in for "repairs" for weeks - I want a new one in 48-72hrs - I don't want my card charged to fix your error - this isn't a random haphazard warranty repair/exchange - but rather a known issue where those affected should have expedited service when claims are submitted - THAT is how you gain customer loyalty and trust. I loathe inconsistency and ambiguous information this is a business people! Get it together
    07-15-17 08:34 PM
    I'll take your KEYᵒⁿᵉ and take the chance ;-)
    07-15-17 08:41 PM
    Not trying to dismiss concern, I am holding off buying as well.. but have you gathered data from other sources than the CrackBerry help forums?

I thought it was clear that if there is an issue, the manufacturer warranty agreement will be activated.
    07-15-17 08:47 PM
    relax.
    07-15-17 08:52 PM
    I am not going to lie. I do worry about my screen to come off too but it has been months and I bought it in late April (first batch).

Knowing that BlackBerry will replace or fix it is a relief. I had waited for the device long enough and with BlackBerry backing it up with warranty I don't think you need to worry. I honestly don't care about the numbers as far as I'm covered.

If you recall, Note 7 was plagued but people still held it even they were forced to return theirs. So yeah, I really wanted an Android with BlackBerry famous keyboard. And am happily using it for the past few months.
    07-15-17 08:56 PM
    JeBe4 addressed the warranty claim issue by saying he didn't want to be without his phone for weeks on end or deal with the repair issue. If you purchased the phone through a phone carrier then yes you can walk into their store "if available" and walk out with a new one or call the carriers customer service and they will send you a new one and when received you will mail your broken one back. What Jebe4 is referring to are people that bought them from retailers that seem to refer customers to TCL or BlackBerry. Viscous cycle that just hurts Blackberry. JeBe4 is right about the production issue 100%, if it was a small issue then TCL would know exactly what phones were affected, since they don't seem to have a clue then that just means they spared the glue to save some money and all Key Ones have the potential to lose their screens. Ill be holding off on buying one.
    JeBe4 likes this.
    07-15-17 09:13 PM
    I'll take your KEYᵒⁿᵉ and take the chance ;-)
    Lol ahah you so silly haha
    07-15-17 09:14 PM
    Not trying to dismiss concern, I am holding off buying as well.. but have you gathered data from other sources than the CrackBerry help forums?

I thought it was clear that if there is an issue, the manufacturer warranty agreement will be activated.
    Yes I have. It isn't clear if you read their idea of a "warranty" lmao
    07-15-17 09:15 PM
    relax.
    ...who said I wasn't o_O

People love to assume emotion and things from static text from strangers on social media....

You relax
    07-15-17 09:16 PM
    I am not going to lie. I do worry about my screen to come off too but it has been months and I bought it in late April (first batch).

Knowing that BlackBerry will replace or fix it is a relief. I had waited for the device long enough and with BlackBerry backing it up with warranty I don't think you need to worry. I honestly don't care about the numbers as far as I'm covered.

If you recall, Note 7 was plagued but people still held it even they were forced to return theirs. So yeah, I really wanted an Android with BlackBerry famous keyboard. And am happily using it for the past few months.
    I dont care what they say they will do - I am going by users experiences (as I outlined in the post) - if me sending in a phone for "repair" , is their idea of a remedy to a known defect/issue/concern faux pas - I read one case where a new unit was shipped, everyone else thus far has had ambiguous inconsistent service
    07-15-17 09:18 PM
    JeBe4 addressed the warranty claim issue by saying he didn't want to be without his phone for weeks on end or deal with the repair issue. If you purchased the phone through a phone carrier then yes you can walk into their store "if available" and walk out with a new one or call the carriers customer service and they will send you a new one and when received you will mail your broken one back. What Jebe4 is referring to are people that bought them from retailers that seem to refer customers to TCL or BlackBerry. Viscous cycle that just hurts Blackberry. JeBe4 is right about the production issue 100%, if it was a small issue then TCL would know exactly what phones were affected, since they don't seem to have a clue then that just means they spared the glue to save some money and all Key Ones have the potential to lose their screens. Ill be holding off on buying one.
    Bingo! You get it lol (whew) - finally lol ahaha - oh and I'm not a he lol - females can be tech savvy too lol its not always about fashion and hair lol ahahah
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    07-15-17 09:20 PM
    Bingo! You get it lol (whew) - finally lol ahaha - oh and I'm not a he lol - females can be tech savvy too lol its not always about fashion and hair lol ahahah
    So you need your hair done and a new dress? Is that the real reason you're returning your KEYᵒⁿᵉ? :-)
    JeBe4 likes this.
    07-15-17 09:28 PM
    So you need your hair done and a new dress? Is that the real reason you're returning your KEYᵒⁿᵉ? :-)
    Lol this made me laugh lol ! Hahah so funny - well if I couldn't get it, I'd just get the $ from my man - lol -

And......after a long shower, (are all woman this indecisive). - I just can't part ways with my KEYᵒⁿᵉ - sigh ahahha lol omg - I have to stop doing this stuff to myself - I am trying not to be paranoid about keeping it - I am very good with my stuff I don't break it drop it etc. It would **** me off to receive a refurb when I didn't even break my phone, the glue did /s

Lol
    07-15-17 10:46 PM
    Amazon approved my return request though so idk - they are out of stock too-! I just wish TCL identified which units are effected and a clear policy ! not a repair but replacement! you already inconvenienced us enough with the faulty adhesive now we have to go back and forth with mailing in units and waiting etc. not very Customer service oriented
    07-15-17 10:48 PM
    Whats the problem with the warranty process? Blackberry sent out my replacement 24 hours after I called and shipped it 2 day. They provided a return label for ups. I dropped the old phone in the same box the new one came in and went to the ups store. I had a new (hopefully) fixed unit just 3 days after I called the claim into BlackBerry. Now outside the states it looks like a nightmare. But anyone who is concerned shouldn't be. Unless you don't have a backup phone to get you through the 3 days down time.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-15-17 11:00 PM
    3 days, I am 7 and counting.
    07-16-17 12:21 AM
    Whats the problem with the warranty process? Blackberry sent out my replacement 24 hours after I called and shipped it 2 day. They provided a return label for ups. I dropped the old phone in the same box the new one came in and went to the ups store. I had a new (hopefully) fixed unit just 3 days after I called the claim into BlackBerry. Now outside the states it looks like a nightmare. But anyone who is concerned shouldn't be. Unless you don't have a backup phone to get you through the 3 days down time.
    People in Europe, UK in particular, do not enjoy this process you just described.

In fact one gentlemen received his phone repaired (not replaced brand new) and his keyboard and fret came back damaged.

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    07-16-17 12:28 AM
    People in Europe, UK in particular, do not enjoy this process you just described.

In fact one gentlemen received his phone repaired (not replaced brand new) and his keyboard and fret came back damaged.

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    That was very disconcerting and infuriating to hear...and just the reason I'd be reluctant to send mine in for warranty repair.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-17 03:43 AM
    This is a small issue, very few are affected, you should be fine.

LOL.

/sarcasm
    07-18-17 04:18 AM
    3 days, I am 7 and counting.
    When I returned I had two options. Have them ship me one immediately via 2 day and they would put a hold on my CC. Other option was to ship mine back then wait for them to ship 2 day to me. Sounds like you chose the second option.
    07-18-17 06:10 AM
    This option was not given to me.
    07-18-17 06:26 AM
    Based on everything in this thread and the mega thread regarding the mediocre customer support, would it be a better bet to count on BBMo's "warranty" or go for 2mm smartphone adhesive tape and do an easy fix? (If the screen lifts but ribbon connector stays intact of course)
    07-18-17 06:41 AM
    Issues like what OP has mentioned are the reason I am holding off on a purchase.
    I do wish to point out, the almighty Passport had screen lift issues so this is just par for the course when you deal with this technology and support.
    Oh Sturgeon's Law is in full effect. And always will be.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-17 06:50 AM
    Dido here. Mine took about a week but the process was the same. At the time I don't think they knew how to fix it but they got it figured out and sent me a replacement so far so good
    FF22 likes this.
    07-18-17 07:02 AM
    Apparently I'm one of the "unlucky" ones. Was out of town at a music festival this weekend when I noticed my screen was detached. I initially thought 'oh great, guess I'll superglue it when I get home'. Unfortunately, during the course of the weekend, I dropped it off my seat and screen's ribbon connector fully detached leaving me with an unusable phone.

On the bright side, I was a day out from Amazon's 30 day return policy, so will ship back for a refund. I was hoping I'd be able to buy a new one, receiving it before shipping the old one back. Sadly, everyone appears to be back ordered. That said, any ideas how I can best retrieve my data not on my SD card without a screen?

Incidentally, I did contact TCL but have yet to receive a reply.

Thoughts on Screen issue & alleged horrible customer service :(-img_4499_0.jpg
    07-18-17 08:19 AM
46 12