05-02-17 03:58 PM
122 1234 ...
tools
    Thank you for your quick review. Let's hope that Kevin will release one these days after using it for 2 months. The only review floating online is this from BGR that is not so good.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-17 07:41 AM
    You're not ancient for missing the trackpad. As it is right now, the trackpad does a whole hell of a lot more than the capacitive keyboard, aka the scroll-pad. Sending emails with the trackpad was as simple as pressing the trackpad twice.

But oh well, this is the best we can get for now. Hopefully the KEYone will have some level of success to where they might gamble with a version with a toolbelt...

Thanks for your post man, enjoy the phone. :-)

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    04-28-17 07:52 AM
    - I upgraded from a Classic

- Hub is as brilliant as ever but I don't know if it's possible to have the BB10 feature when you can just press on the right of an email to delete it.. with K1 you have to swipe to delete (which is OK but I preferred a button) I guess it's less likely you'll delete by accident now

DISCLAIMER: I'm not an expert nor have great technical knowledge but will try answer any queries you have from my experience
    Android loves long presses. Try long pressing on a single message. You can then quickly select multiple emails and delete them at a single go.

Don't forget pinch for unread!
    04-28-17 08:34 AM
    Aargh. Has anyone else come across this? It's been there permanently since initial set up; through restarts and a factory reset...

Attachment 422000

(Permanent faint line down the left hand side of the screen).
    See the line, looks like you may have gotten a defective model.

Also, is that freaking light bleed coming out of the sides of the screen? I really hope its not.
    04-28-17 10:03 AM
    9 hours screen on time!!! Epic battery life.
    Thoughts after 24 hours of KEYone-screenshot_20170428-162052.jpg
    04-28-17 10:25 AM
    9 hours screen on time!!! Epic battery life.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20170428-162052.jpg 
Views:	1236 
Size:	45.9 KB 
ID:	422010
    That is ridiculously fantastic.

Btw, is it the 5th of May yet? CPW need to hurry and deliver my phone tho.
    Nathan Conley likes this.
    04-28-17 10:28 AM
    Not charged K1 for 24 hours and it's on 15%... that's not bad
    stlabrat and Saurabh Poddar like this.
    04-28-17 10:42 AM
    This was exactly the news I was waiting to hear! Really happy the battery life is meeting the expectations so far
    04-28-17 10:49 AM
    Not charged K1 for 24 hours and it's on 15%... that's not bad
    Is it still warm? Hope not
    04-28-17 10:52 AM
    See the line, looks like you may have gotten a defective model.

Also, is that freaking light bleed coming out of the sides of the screen? I really hope its not.
    Fear not, it's just a brilliant reflection! Mine is being returned to Selfridges on Tuesday. I subsequently had quite spectacular crashes and keyboard failures!
    04-28-17 10:53 AM
    Battery life seems really really good.

Screen is far better than the Priv outdoors

You can assign LED colours for email, whatsapp, BBM. You don't seem to be able to for text messages but you can with textra.

Swiping up on the keyboard is not as responsive as the passport, especially in the middle of the keyboard.

The phone is far more beautiful in real life than in photos. I'm much less upset about the silver bar at the top than I thought I would be.

It feels really slim in the hand, and 'phone shaped' against the ear unlike the passport and priv.

The back is really nice and grippy.

Build quality feels exceptional, they have used premium materials for sure.

The keys are nice and clicky, not spongy like the Priv. Muscle memory is getting there after 2yrs on the passport.

Now a question - how do I get a split screen?
    pooyam likes this.
    04-28-17 10:54 AM
    Aargh. Has anyone else come across this? It's been there permanently since initial set up; through restarts and a factory reset...

Attachment 422000

(Permanent faint line down the left hand side of the screen).
    if reset didn't solve the problem, you might want to get exchanged. look like you might have high resistance drive line on the LED, just a guess. (at least you not getting the red screen on s8 ;-) it said to be feature not defect).http://bgr.com/2017/04/28/galaxy-s8-update-red-display/
    Azumarill likes this.
    04-28-17 11:01 AM
    To use split screen you already need to have a couple of apps open. When using one of these apps, say chrome browser, hold down the square soft key, you can then choose one of your other open apps to use on the bottom half of the screen. There is a bar half way down which you can reposition to give one of the app more screen space. Move this bar to the top or bottom to close either app.
    tp2386 likes this.
    04-28-17 11:04 AM
    How do you assign LED colours?
    04-28-17 11:05 AM
    How is the brightness of the characters on keyboard? My eyes are not great, and I am worried I will need my glasses always when I use this phone.

Is there any way to get letters up on screen so I can bang of quick replies in bed without "clicking" so my wife won't have to kick me in annoyance???!!!
    Thanks.
    04-28-17 11:05 AM
    Seems bright enough, no previous BB use so can't compare. It does seem to be adaptive brightness, so off when lots of light and on when darker. No idea about bringing up virtual keyboard. I think I read it was possible on the priv...
    04-28-17 11:11 AM
    The 625 is great on battery. I actually just got another phone yesterday, an all-touch, for my mom to use. It also has a 625 and in the few hours I spent setting everything up for her the battery meter barely moved. The 3505mah battery in the KEYone should be pretty epic...

04-28-17 11:20 AM
    How do you assign LED colours?
    It's not as easy as BB10, you have to go into each individual app and hunt around for notification options. Some will let you do it, others won't.

I can confirm that BBM, WhatsApp, Textra and Hub email will all let you do it. LinkedIn i don't think does.
    04-28-17 11:25 AM
    So, is it confirmed that the 3 swipe shortcuts are not there?

Posted via CB10
    04-28-17 11:28 AM
    So, is it confirmed that the 3 swipe shortcuts are not there?

Posted via CB10
    Affirmative :-(
    04-28-17 11:30 AM
    Seems bright enough, no previous BB use so can't compare. It does seem to be adaptive brightness, so off when lots of light and on when darker. No idea about bringing up virtual keyboard. I think I read it was possible on the priv...
    You can turn off adaptive brightness in display settings.

VKB only came up on the Priv when the slider was closed, I highly doubt you could bring one up on the KEYone without the kind of app that nobody is likely to build.
    04-28-17 11:33 AM
    Baerli Baer that was an awesome review & the OP thanks for your input.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-17 11:49 AM
    :-)

Just charged the K1 from 5% to 100%. Took 1 hour 57 mind using the supplied quick charger, though I was using it (browsing) a fair bit during that time.

When plugging in you have the option of charging or Boost charging. I chose charging, guess Boost is even faster!!

Noticed at the beginning the back of phone did get pretty warm, towards the end it was only slightly warm. Might use a non quick charge going forward, and likely not to use the boost option. Want to try and look after the batt as best I can...

On a side note, I am really enjoying using a physical keyboard :-)
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    04-28-17 12:35 PM
    :-)

Just charged the K1 from 5% to 100%. Took 1 hour 57 mind using the supplied quick charger, though I was using it (browsing) a fair bit during that time.

When plugging in you have the option of charging or Boost charging. I chose charging, guess Boost is even faster!!

Noticed at the beginning the back of phone did get pretty warm, towards the end it was only slightly warm. Might use a non quick charge going forward, and likely not to use the boost option. Want to try and look after the batt as best I can...

On a side note, I am really enjoying using a physical keyboard :-)
    Yep, only use quick charge when you NEED to. All other times use a normal speed charger. I wish they included a normal charger rather than a quick charger. But I probably have one laying around somewhere...

Baerli Baer likes this.
    04-28-17 12:55 PM
    Is Google assistant on the phone? There have been unanswered questions on it previously. Apparently long pressing menu button does not work.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-17 02:48 PM
122 1234 ...