Actually, on the Priv you can set the VKB to show even when the PKB is out (see pic). I believe Bla1ze posted somewhere that it's the same on the KEYone.
    I stand corrected, said the man in the orthopaedic shoes :-)
    05-01-17 06:40 PM
    My new phone...
    smooth and not laggy
    at least 24 hours battery life
    good clear screen ad adequate size for browsing web pages, pictures and videos
    phone that is not too big or too small ,fits normal shirt pocket even with a case
    phone does not heat up like an oven (like my old BB PP), liable to scorch my nipple or my balls
    PKB for sure
    Good camera and videocam

So after all these initial reviews , this K1 seemed to tick all the right boxes so this will be my next phone when it comes out in Canada ( and hopefully to be able to purchase unlocked from BB shop Canada )
    05-01-17 08:01 PM
    Thanks. Great review. I will be moving from a PPSE. You said PKB was fine (in making transition). I wonder if it will be same going from the PPSE?

Posted via CB10
    I had Blackberry Passport; I never had PPSE. I'm currently using Z30. How is PPSE? I wish I could have it.
    05-01-17 11:30 PM
    I found the Passport Special Edition better than the OG. I'm now used to two handed typing on the keyboard but missed being able to effectively use one hand. I wondered though about transitioning to a smaller keyboard.
    05-02-17 12:01 AM
    I found the Passport Special Edition better than the OG. I'm now used to two handed typing on the keyboard but missed being able to effectively use one hand. I wondered though about transitioning to a smaller keyboard.
    So still working great? Of course, it will take some times to get used to a smaller keyboard on the Keyone; had I had the opportunity, I would still jump onto the Keyone.
    05-02-17 12:56 AM
    Huh. I really love my OG Passport so I never bothered w the SE. I almost picked one up when they were on sale but I wanted to save my pennies for the KEYone. Plus, I REEEEALLY want a P10 Plus, and that's just too many phones for a cheapskate like me.

It will take a lot for the KEYone to replace my Passport. Especially if there's a weight imbalance issue. The Passport is perfectly balanced, another reason why I love it. I'm glad it's out somewhere, even if the states have to wait another month. I don't like to early adopt cuz I don't like the bugs and hiccups. Can't wait for you all to experience the growing pains for me, haha.
    05-02-17 01:11 AM
    Boost charging charges your phone quicker because it shuts down background apps from running. Meaning it charges more efficiently.. It has nothing to do with increasing the power to charge it faster.

so boost charging should be used if you don't want apps running in the background that will slow down your charging time.
    Found this about boost charge. Who is right?

"Boost charging involves a high current for short period of time to charge the battery.* It is generally if the battery has been discharged heavily.* Boost charge enables the quick charging of depleted batteries."
    Source:
    http://www.electrotechnik.net/2010/0...eries.html?m=1

Posted via CB10
    05-02-17 02:16 AM
    Found this about boost charge. Who is right?

"Boost charging involves a high current for short period of time to charge the battery.* It is generally if the battery has been discharged heavily.* Boost charge enables the quick charging of depleted batteries."
    Source:
    Float and Boost Charging of Batteries

Posted via CB10
    unrelated to the KEYone.. look at the description in this picture

Thoughts after 24 hours of KEYone-keyone-boostmode3.jpg
    05-02-17 02:34 AM
    Hey everyone,

I have a question: How well can the phone be handled when being used one-handed?

Regards
    TU
    05-02-17 08:02 AM
    great review... I'm patiently waiting for my device
    05-02-17 08:21 AM
    Can we use apps in Dark Mode like we have an option to use it in BB10.
    05-02-17 08:27 AM
    it looks like hardware issue. A gap between the black screen border and bezel
    05-02-17 09:19 AM
    So still working great? Of course, it will take some times to get used to a smaller keyboard on the Keyone; had I had the opportunity, I would still jump onto the Keyone.
    Works very well although I'm ready for a new phone. I've only had BlackBerry OS devices, but I now do feel limited and am tired of workarounds. Contract is paid, so I'm not going to feel wasteful making a change. May go unlocked.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-17 09:22 AM
    unrelated to the KEYone.. look at the description in this picture

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	keyone-boostmode3.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	102.6 KB 
ID:	422320
    Thank you for clarification, much appreciated.

Thought the "physical" way with higher voltage was the definition of boost charge. So it's okay to use it all the time? (so no damage to battery of used regularly)?

Posted via CB10
    05-02-17 10:26 AM
    - I upgraded from a Classic

- Upgrade was smooth

- Keyboard is fine but the keyboard shortcut and conveience key shortcut do not give me two really important options (1) back button - the back button is a touch button and when I would like it lower OR a button shortcut for efficiency and (2) the send button for emails is at the top right of the screen!! [if anyone knows a way around this please let me know]

- It will take me a while to get over no trackpad/cursor

- I set it up as power saving and made it as efficient as possible because battery life and longevity is important to me

- Camera is sharp! Have not really put it to the test but all good

- Media playing is great, switching videos and very high quality playback IMO

- Whatsapp on BB10 is more efficient than on Android

- I really like that the phone 'requests my permission' all the time. I feel like I know what's running in the background and it's really smooth

- I logged on remotely to my work email through Blackberry Work and Google Chrome and it was really quick

- Generally I find everything so fast and I don't feel the phone lags when multiple apps are open

- The scrolling over the keys is not really they brilliant, it may take some getting used to. I may sound like a fossil but I miss the trackpad

- Handset call quality is ok but speaker did not sound as crisp, it may just be my connection

- finger print sensor works like a charm, I set it as my thumb

- Hub is as brilliant as ever but I don't know if it's possible to have the BB10 feature when you can just press on the right of an email to delete it.. with K1 you have to swipe to delete (which is OK but I preferred a button) I guess it's less likely you'll delete by accident now

- Really can't wait for a good phone case

- I think K1 gives users a balance between flash and efficiency, the latter being more important to me

DISCLAIMER: I'm not an expert nor have great technical knowledge but will try answer any queries you have from my experience
    It all sounds good but, WHEN WHEN WHEN can we actually get one in Canada? It's May!
    05-02-17 10:31 AM
    Moving from IPhone 7 but used all previous BB for at least a month android and bb10

Love that it shipped with 7.1.1 and S8 with 7.0

Hub and productivity tab working really well feels a world away from early priv versions

Keyboard more spacious than PRIV but not as large as Classic but great to type on

Device feels great , sturdy , grippy and good size

Keyboard shortcuts are amazing take some getting used too though !

Battery life is crazy - I took it off charge at 9am and just gone 5pm with full day use it'd at 71%

Overall best BB I have ever used ..
    supertom and pooyam like this.
    05-02-17 11:08 AM
    Thank you for clarification, much appreciated.

Thought the "physical" way with higher voltage was the definition of boost charge. So it's okay to use it all the time? (so no damage to battery of used regularly)?

Posted via CB10
    Though I do not have a KEYone yet and will have to experiment.. someone said boost charging made their phone hot.. anything that makes your battery hot is not good for your battery.. I would assume that a phone working in the background and charging would be more hot than a phone thats charging without stuff working in the background.. but we'll have to see and find out ������☺
    05-02-17 11:18 AM
    If I did not misunderstood, fast charging is not as clean and effective as slow charging. Chemical reaction needs time. If you do it too fast you get 100% before some battery reactions are made, so you get a charge that lasts less. That is, i suppose, why Apple sells less powerful chargers for iPhones that for iPads. And I am pretty sure it is also why Priv did not come with a fast charger. Overnight charge is better to be slow so you get all juice possible.
    05-02-17 11:57 AM
    Is the pkb like more like the classic or priv? I am not talking about using it as a trackpad
    05-02-17 12:06 PM
    Hey everyone,

I have a question: How well can the phone be handled when being used one-handed?

Regards
    TU
    This is what I'd like to know also.
    05-02-17 12:09 PM
    If I did not misunderstood, fast charging is not as clean and effective as slow charging. Chemical reaction needs time. If you do it too fast you get 100% before some battery reactions are made, so you get a charge that lasts less. That is, i suppose, why Apple sells less powerful chargers for iPhones that for iPads. And I am pretty sure it is also why Priv did not come with a fast charger. Overnight charge is better to be slow so you get all juice possible.
    You are absolutely correct says a Materials Engineer with a Master of Science Degree on Lithium Ion Batteries (cough my wife cough)
    stlabrat likes this.
    05-02-17 12:43 PM
    I agree with you... I also knew the same thing but... one day I tried to charge my Passport with the iPad charger wich is a beast and it seems to have given a new life to PP's battery extending its juice to the next day...
    Eduard Pertinez likes this.
    05-02-17 03:58 PM
122 ... 345