At some point in the near future? Or has BlackBerry dropped the idea of going high end?

Thanks for your opinions.
    06-17-17 08:59 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1109843

Some rumors of spec'd up KEYone exclusively for Korea, and probably KEYtwo if the sales of KEYone are OK.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-17 10:13 PM
    They can't even get the first one out properly. They're going to be spending the rest of the year dealing with production issues and the screen lift crisis. I doubt they'll have any new models this year.
    eldeadache likes this.
    06-18-17 02:54 PM
    At some point in the near future? Or has BlackBerry dropped the idea of going high end?

I think another KEYone is probably off in the distance. We're more likely to see another high end all touch before the end of the year. And is it really BlackBerry's call now whether they go high end or not? The hardware is TCL's game now.
    06-18-17 03:18 PM

Have you decided to keep your original KEYone?
    06-18-17 06:21 PM
    Have you decided to keep your original KEYone?
    Almost certainly returning it. It's in the box ready to go... but I will wait until tomorrow. I am playing with my Dtek60. And the main frustration with that was always the BlackBerry virtual keyboard, which I finally replaced with the Gboard, a massive improvement.
    06-18-17 06:35 PM
    Agree, look for a flagship slab by the end of the year. K2 next summer/fall.
    06-18-17 06:39 PM
    yes. the K2 will be there BB Android phone old school BB phones have been looking for. mark it down. this next version will be what takes the cake.
    06-18-17 06:46 PM
    This is blackberry mobile first take on producing a blackberry design pkb phone, so they should wait to do any other pkb phones until they get the problems resolve with the keyone. I am hoping that they go the flagship route with the keytwo, but I think if they do it will be the previous year flagship cpu to keep cost low.
    06-18-17 10:03 PM
    Since BBMo is interested in PRIV owners as Delta testers for the K1, maybe they're thinking about a PRIV-2.
    06-18-17 11:38 PM
    I believe the actual reports from BlackBerry Mobile/TCL have been a "portfolio of products/devices till end of 2018"

If they release a new device every 6 months switching between Keyone, unique glass slab and some other keyboard device that is a little more unique, that would take us to the end of 2018.

I don't see them releasing more than 2 or 3 devices to be honest. From what I described above, the three devices may include the for mentioned BlackBerry Tablet that was talked about on the conference call by John Chen.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-17 12:14 AM
    They can't even get the first one out properly. They're going to be spending the rest of the year dealing with production issues and the screen lift crisis. I doubt they'll have any new models this year.
    Still here eh?
    06-19-17 12:22 AM
    I believe the actual reports from BlackBerry Mobile/TCL have been a "portfolio of products/devices till end of 2018"

If they release a new device every 6 months switching between Keyone, unique glass slab and some other keyboard device that is a little more unique, that would take us to the end of 2018.

I don't see them releasing more than 2 or 3 devices to be honest. From what I described above, the three devices may include the for mentioned BlackBerry Tablet that was talked about on the conference call by John Chen.

Posted via CB10
    Is there still much of a call for tablets?
    06-19-17 12:38 AM
    Well, I think that it will depend on how many K1 they are able to sell, and right now with all the issues that are arising maybe the numbers will not be that high. If issues are fixed fast and K1 probe is somewhat future proof (it qualifies for update to Android O) we'll probably see some good numbers and a K2 in the future.
    06-19-17 12:50 AM
    Is there still much of a call for tablets?

A while back Chen had mentioned that technically BlackBerry has produced a super secure version of a tablet that is only deployed with the German military. It runs Android and has some other unique BlackBerry features.

On the most recent conference call 3 months ago he mentioned one of his licensing partners MAY want to partner on a tablet or tablet like device. They were working on finalizing an agreement in some ways at the time.

I really doubt that the licensing partner will just bring out a generic version of a Android tablet and hope for the best. I think this may be something very targeted to something like healthcare or other BlackBerry focused industry. Must be something in BlackBerry 's patent portfolio that may have intrigued them.

Hopefully something great materializes

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-19-17 01:25 AM
    Still here eh?
    Wow, my very presence causes butthurt...
    MikeX74 likes this.
    06-19-17 03:46 AM
    WHEN they do, I personally selfishly hope it is after my two year of phone plan is up, because buying the KEYone created quite the scene with she who must be obeyed!!!
    06-19-17 04:05 AM
    A while back Chen had mentioned that technically BlackBerry has produced a super secure version of a tablet that is only deployed with the German military. It runs Android and has some other unique BlackBerry features.
    That's the $2500 Samsung 10" tablet with SecuSmart added to it (which is the BB component) for communications security. It's not a BB product, but rather a Samsung product being secured it part by BB's SecuSmart and in part by IBM. It's certainly not a consumer device. Also, it's not used by the German military, but rather by the German government.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/28970...re-tablet.html
    06-19-17 03:25 PM