If I were to use anything, it would be dielectric grease, but I don't think even that is a good idea. It's going to make its way to the membrane, gunk it up, and eventually you are going to experience key-strike problems. Double typing, two letters at once, etc. Best to have it exchanged under warranty. The keyboard shouldn't creak.
    I would only use the warranty claim if the keyboard started acting up. Otherwise it is waaay too much hassle (just read those screen lifting threads...). Also, I don't think it is uncommon for the keys to creak a little. I've read about several others experiencing the same thing. It doesn't affect the typing, but the sound can be annoying.
    07-14-17 12:26 PM
    1. Too thin and slippery (coming from PP).
    2. Keyboard. I prefer the 3 row like the PP, as I find myself struggling to find numbers and characters with the sym key setup.

Other than that, I'm satisfied. If they had the full KeyONE capability and operating system on a physical Passport device I would be ecstatic.

Posted via CB10
    curlybeanla likes this.
    07-14-17 03:16 PM
    I don't think that's it. The lag was there before I found out about clearing my cache.
    Without further details, all I have is ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I would only use the warranty claim if the keyboard started acting up. Otherwise it is waaay too much hassle (just read those screen lifting threads...). Also, I don't think it is uncommon for the keys to creak a little. I've read about several others experiencing the same thing. It doesn't affect the typing, but the sound can be annoying.
    I hear ya
    07-14-17 09:05 PM
    Reception
    Johberry and modifier like this.
    07-14-17 10:19 PM
    Inability to assign ringtones as BBM and text alerts! I had all that on my Passport!
    07-16-17 12:29 PM
    I have also noticed that the KeyOne is more sluggish as compared with my Dtek 60. I only play 3 games and they always ask if I want to wait for the game to boot up. I also am concerned with the fingerprint sensor. I have redone mine multiple times to improve detection but it has never worked as well as on the Dtek. Anyone agree with sensor on the back? I would have preferred a faster chip set, more RAM, and 64gb internal memory in exchange for a bit less battery life.

Just my 2 cents. Maybe items for use in the next PKB phone? Oh and more speakers please.
    I don't know, I'm on my third day with the phone without charging because I kept falling asleep before putting my phone on charge. I think my current KEYᵒⁿᵉ is still faster than one with better specs but with a dead battery, lol. :-P

But seriously, chips would probably be more efficient in the coming future to where you can probably get faster speeds and still get good battery life. Here's hoping for the next one. :-)
    07-16-17 01:19 PM
    I'm on 217 hours of uptime. No lag, but apps keep disappearing from the recent apps list. When I start them again they are usually back to where I left them, but not always. I wish the phone had 4GB of RAM. I even said that way before it was released. My only other complaint would be that some of the keys on the keyboard tend to develop this annoying creaking sound. I fix it be using a tiny bit of moisturiser in-between the keys, but the creaking keeps coming back after a while.
    I would not put anything into the keyboard... Seriously, a little creaking is nothing compared to double typing in the future, lol.
    07-16-17 01:21 PM
    My OCD makes me swipe apps away in recents when I'm not using them. The only thing I keep open always is the hub. I would have preferred 4gb too, and also said much the same. This was a trade-off to ensure outstanding battery life though, and I'm ok with it. As you said, it's not inhibiting performance, other than the extra second needed to reopen an app.

If I were to use anything, it would be dielectric grease, but I don't think even that is a good idea. It's going to make its way to the membrane, gunk it up, and eventually you are going to experience key-strike problems. Double typing, two letters at once, etc. Best to have it exchanged under warranty. The keyboard shouldn't creak.
    Mine creaks a bit, but I honestly don't care as it doesn't interfere with how it works...
    07-16-17 01:22 PM
    1. The back of the phone is of too slippery material. As the phone is so big I'm afraid of dropping it all the time. Should be classic-like material.

2. The word correction is really not as good as with BB10.

3. BlackBerry calendar missing essential elements like emails associated with each entry. Dark theme also missing.

4. Missing the BlackBerry Travel app and Night Mode.
    Word correction? As in autocorrect? Do you know how you improve it? Turn it off. :-P
    07-16-17 01:23 PM
    1. Too thin and slippery (coming from PP).
    2. Keyboard. I prefer the 3 row like the PP, as I find myself struggling to find numbers and characters with the sym key setup.

Other than that, I'm satisfied. If they had the full KeyONE capability and operating system on a physical Passport device I would be ecstatic.

Posted via CB10
    And this is exactly why I always recommended away from the PP. Learning a proprietary keyboard setup like the PP basically makes you rubbish at using any other phone. Not at all worth it...
    07-16-17 01:25 PM
    Inability to assign ringtones as BBM and text alerts! I had all that on my Passport!
    Well, you can for text messages, but not bbm, go figure...
    07-16-17 01:26 PM
    The text alert does not use the ringtone! Only when the text contact phones does the ringtone kick in! Seems like 2 steps backward on the Keyone from my retired Passport.
    07-16-17 01:55 PM
    Word correction? As in autocorrect? Do you know how you improve it? Turn it off. :-P
    Yes, it is driving me nuts. Fails almost every time. I guess better to turn it off...
    07-16-17 01:57 PM
    Yes, it is driving me nuts. Fails almost every time. I guess better to turn it off...
    Make good use of word substitution. As long as you have the word prediction still on (if you turn autocorrect off), word sub will work. I hope one day you can turn both off and word substitution still works, but oh well.

Anyway, I put all of the versions of "I" in word substitution, so no need to worry about capitalization. Like I, I've, I'd, I'll, and I'm. And if there are words you notice you misspell the same way often, you can use word sub to fix those too... Just make sure to have the "Always use this capitalization" checkbox correct. Meaning for the I's, make sure that is checked and the substitution you put is capitalized correctly, while for the ones that are just common spelling errors you keep that checkbox empty...
    07-16-17 02:05 PM
    The text alert does not use the ringtone! Only when the text contact phones does the ringtone kick in! Seems like 2 steps backward on the Keyone from my retired Passport.
    You have to set everything from within the individual apps. You have to go into your messages, and then select the conversation from the contact you want to customize and there should be like a gear icon or something to customize the sound for that individual...
    07-16-17 02:07 PM
    it is called spell checker right? Or am I looking at the wrong place?
    07-16-17 02:11 PM
    Ok! Thanks. I will look at that when I get home. On the road now.
    07-16-17 02:29 PM
    it is called spell checker right? Or am I looking at the wrong place?
    No, it should be called word substitution. Go to Settings -> Languages & Input -> Keyboard Settings -> BlackBerry Keyboard -> Prediction and Correction -> Word Substitution

Yes, it's buried in there, lol.
    07-16-17 04:33 PM
    Keyboard scrolling isn't smooth. That's my only complaint at the moment
    07-17-17 01:02 AM
    No, it should be called word substitution. Go to Settings -> Languages & Input -> Keyboard Settings -> BlackBerry Keyboard -> Prediction and Correction -> Word Substitution

Yes, it's buried in there, lol.
    Ok, found it thanks! Makes life much easier :-D
    07-17-17 02:40 AM
    Very poor reception in fringe reception areas, I've owned BlackBerry's for years and this is the first that I have to go outside to make a call.
    VertHd likes this.
    07-17-17 06:01 PM
    reception and not getting notifications
    07-17-17 08:25 PM
    Very poor reception in fringe reception areas, I've owned BlackBerry's for years and this is the first that I have to go outside to make a call.
    That sucks. You're not the first to make this complaint. Luckily for me mine seems to be alright. Sometimes these issues can be improved with the radio software, so maybe this can be fixed in an update? I hope so...
    07-17-17 09:23 PM
    I hope you are right concerning an update, as I really like this phone, meanwhile it is back to the Passport while I watch my wife happily making calls with her HTC10
    07-17-17 10:13 PM
    Coming from the PP I miss a lot.
    1) It seems "glitchy". Even my daughter noticed it who is coming from a PRIV and just recently switched to a iphone 7. For example several times I press one app and another one opens up. Or i am using the keyboard scroll inside an ap (like NY times) and a scroll later and I am back to the home screen?
    2) the reply button to email is at the bottom? why??
    3) why can't i listen to voicemail without calling it? or i have to download a visual voicemail app?
    I LOVE the ease of the keyboard but kind of miss the onscreen number bar. I also like the conveninece key that allows me to go straight to my husband's text. And of course the ability to download apps. But honestly it isn't enough to make me glad i purchased. I bought because I knew BB was going away and needed to jump on to something else after all these years and I am not an iphone fan (despite everyone in my household owning one). Thinking of returning to my PP and waiting for it to crash to get something else.
    07-30-17 02:38 PM
207 ... 6789