Most of those of us who are left handed think it is great to have the KEYone positioning as it is.
    I'm right handed. Last phone's power button was on the right. Didn't take but a day to get used to the placement on the KEYᵒⁿᵉ.

First world problems
    07-12-17 10:09 PM
    I'm right handed. Last phone's power button was on the right. Didn't take but a day to get used to the placement on the KEYᵒⁿᵉ.

First world problems
    The PRIV also has the power button on the left side, so I have been used to it for a while since I had the Priv almost since launch.
    07-13-17 02:08 AM
    I don't even bother with the power button. I just hit the home button and tap the screen twice to lock it.
    07-13-17 02:31 AM
    The camera software is different than the PRIV when it comes to accessing the manual tools if you are in auto mode. It was easier on the PRIV--just tap on the three dots at the right side top and then choose Manual or Auto (as the case may be). It stays in the camera itself. This is helpful, as I am sometimes about to take a picture and it remains on the screen when I change it. The KEYone has a gear and then a dialogue page opens that takes you away from the camera. It is easy to lose track of what you are trying to photograph when it does this. If there is a way to keep it on the camera, I haven't figured it out.
    07-13-17 02:39 AM
    I don't even bother with the power button. I just hit the home button and tap the screen twice to lock it.
    Dude, thank you .

I had no idea you could lock the screen by double tapping the home screen. Only knew about it for unlocking. Thanks again!
    deezus48 likes this.
    07-13-17 04:34 AM
    Exactly, I don't get why people still bother with that... For me, it's better this way, I don't ever use the power button to turn off the screen, just double tap the home screen. I use my power button to end phone calls, and don't want to accidentally hang up on anyone by hitting it where the convenience key is...
    07-13-17 11:05 AM
    Exactly, I don't get why people still bother with that... For me, it's better this way, I don't ever use the power button to turn off the screen, just double tap the home screen. I use my power button to end phone calls, and don't want to accidentally hang up on anyone by hitting it where the convenience key is...
    I almost never used it on my PRIV but have been using it a little more on my KEYone.
    07-13-17 12:58 PM
    SO far everything is amazing with this device but because I have large hands i seem to be constantly hitting the home button when im in a window and then it closes.But double clicking the square butten re-opens the window. Im learning to not swipe so high. So what is everyone doing in this situation?
    07-13-17 01:53 PM
    I don't like the soft-touch keys. They're old technology. Shouldn't have even been considered when Android natively supports the on-screen keys.
    07-13-17 02:08 PM
    I like using it because it's a quick click, and then with a finger I'm open to the hub where I always shut it off. For me it saves steps.
    07-13-17 02:41 PM
    The power KEY
    07-13-17 04:22 PM
    Love this phone but I'll be honest, I find this phone sluggish at times. I mainly use the Hub, Google Maps, Chrome, Instagram, Apple Music, and Pocket Casts. I've tried changing the animation speed as well as clearing my cache but I still find it slow at times. Maybe I was spoiled using iOS. It seemed more optimized than Android. That's my personal opinion at least. Let me know if you guys suggest anything to help speed up my Keyone!
    07-13-17 04:26 PM
    Love this phone but I'll be honest, I find this phone sluggish at times. I mainly use the Hub, Google Maps, Chrome, Instagram, Apple Music, and Pocket Casts. I've tried changing the animation speed as well as clearing my cache but I still find it slow at times. Maybe I was spoiled using iOS. It seemed more optimized than Android. That's my personal opinion at least. Let me know if you guys suggest anything to help speed up my Keyone!
    The iPhones are typically more optimized because Apple controls the hardware. It's easier to optimize an OS for specific hardware, rather than adopting an OS and adjusting it for use on different hardware than it was originally developed for.
    07-13-17 04:37 PM
    The iPhones are typically more optimized because Apple controls the hardware. It's easier to optimize an OS for specific hardware, rather than adopting an OS and adjusting it for use on different hardware than it was originally developed for.
    Yup totally understand that. I'm not justifying Apple is better. I've been bouncing between both sides of the fence for years.

I guess I'm just concerned at other posts saying this phone runs flawlessly. My Keystone hangs from time to time and stutters frequently as well.
    07-13-17 04:40 PM
    Dude, thank you .

I had no idea you could lock the screen by double tapping the home screen. Only knew about it for unlocking. Thanks again!
    Glad I could help!!
    07-13-17 10:17 PM
    I have also noticed that the KeyOne is more sluggish as compared with my Dtek 60. I only play 3 games and they always ask if I want to wait for the game to boot up. I also am concerned with the fingerprint sensor. I have redone mine multiple times to improve detection but it has never worked as well as on the Dtek. Anyone agree with sensor on the back? I would have preferred a faster chip set, more RAM, and 64gb internal memory in exchange for a bit less battery life.

Just my 2 cents. Maybe items for use in the next PKB phone? Oh and more speakers please.
    Last edited by Arabianhorse; 07-13-17 at 10:58 PM.
    07-13-17 10:42 PM
    as well as clearing my cache but I still find it slow at times
    Maybe stop clearing the cache so often. 159hrs of uptime, and I'm experiencing no lag at all.
    deezus48 likes this.
    07-13-17 10:54 PM
    Maybe stop clearing the cache so often. 159hrs of uptime, and I'm experiencing no lag at all.
    Anything on your wish list Wulfie?
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    07-13-17 10:59 PM
    Anything on your wish list Wulfie?
    The one thing I miss from my now dusty Z Force, is the stellar camera. I would like the KEYᵗʷᵒ to be a bit wider, but I'm getting accustom to a PKB again, after 5 years away. The better I get, the less I feel it needs to be wider, LoL.
    07-13-17 11:08 PM
    I'm on 217 hours of uptime. No lag, but apps keep disappearing from the recent apps list. When I start them again they are usually back to where I left them, but not always. I wish the phone had 4GB of RAM. I even said that way before it was released. My only other complaint would be that some of the keys on the keyboard tend to develop this annoying creaking sound. I fix it be using a tiny bit of moisturiser in-between the keys, but the creaking keeps coming back after a while.
    07-14-17 12:45 AM
    Yup totally understand that. I'm not justifying Apple is better. I've been bouncing between both sides of the fence for years.

I guess I'm just concerned at other posts saying this phone runs flawlessly. My Keystone hangs from time to time and stutters frequently as well.
    Im not too sure man. My Keyone runs smooth.
    07-14-17 05:07 AM
    but apps keep disappearing from the recent apps list. When I start them again they are usually back to where I left them, but not always. I wish the phone had 4GB of RAM. I even said that way before it was released.
    My OCD makes me swipe apps away in recents when I'm not using them. The only thing I keep open always is the hub. I would have preferred 4gb too, and also said much the same. This was a trade-off to ensure outstanding battery life though, and I'm ok with it. As you said, it's not inhibiting performance, other than the extra second needed to reopen an app.

I fix it be using a tiny bit of moisturiser in-between the keys
    If I were to use anything, it would be dielectric grease, but I don't think even that is a good idea. It's going to make its way to the membrane, gunk it up, and eventually you are going to experience key-strike problems. Double typing, two letters at once, etc. Best to have it exchanged under warranty. The keyboard shouldn't creak.
    07-14-17 07:18 AM
    1. The back of the phone is of too slippery material. As the phone is so big I'm afraid of dropping it all the time. Should be classic-like material.

2. The word correction is really not as good as with BB10.

3. BlackBerry calendar missing essential elements like emails associated with each entry. Dark theme also missing.

4. Missing the BlackBerry Travel app and Night Mode.
    07-14-17 07:33 AM
    Android Nougat seems to have a few bugs that are driving me crazy - but so did most versions of BB10.

Other than that, it has been hard getting used to the device proportions after using the Passport for so long. It just feels awkward! The really weird thing is that I loved my Z30, which was about the same size and didn't feel awkward. Go figure!
    Last edited by SeeBeeEss; 07-14-17 at 08:06 AM.
    07-14-17 07:51 AM
    I don't think that's it. The lag was there before I found out about clearing my cache.
    07-14-17 10:48 AM
207 ... 56789