I hope the power and convenience key can be swapped via software. Seems like every review I read mentioned that issue.
    05-11-17 11:37 AM
    I hope the power and convenience key can be swapped via software. Seems like every review I read mentioned that issue.
    Does buttons remapper have that ability?
    05-11-17 09:16 PM
    1. Android seems less clean than BB10. I like the customizability but it seems like it was designed by committee. Everything could be done in less actions in BB10

2. The built in apps. The BB10 music player was so much simpler and more intuitive than Play Music. The BlackBerry Android launcher didn't even include a file explorer like BB10 and my Sony Android did.

3. The keyboard auto-predict isn't nearly as smart as the one on BB10

4. The swipe up to complete word is not as sensitive as the one on the Passport. More missed swipes.

5. No toolbar like on the classic. No answer and hang up buttons, worst of all, no trackball. I used to use the trackball so much. Also the 3 buttons below the screen are not hard keys unfortunately.

6. The Play store has more apps than BB10 had but so many of them are garbage. If I find one I like I'd gladly pay a dollar for the ad free version but in some cases there is no ad free version so I have to see full screen ads for some other app I don't want.

7. The keyboard seems a little mushy compared to the Classic

8. It's so long compared to the Classic!

9. There's no media key!

10. The Classic and Passport had a rotated camera sensor that could take landscape photos while the phone itself is held in portrait orientation. This is gone. I now have to hold the phone sideways. Also the optical image stabilization from the Passport is gone. A dedicated shutter button would have been nice.

I just don't think that the guys who made the BlackBerry launcher for Android put as much time and attention to detail is BlackBerry put into BB10
    06-03-17 08:31 PM
    The darn back, home, App switcher buttons still drive me crazy. Keep hitting them while swiping on the keyboard
    06-04-17 02:06 AM
    1. Long press for symbols/numbers
    2. Keyboard scrolling is not great. Stuttery on some apps, borderline unuseable on others
    3. Capacitive button accidental presses (when keyboard scrolling) Would have preferred them to be proper on screen buttons. Maybe they can write some code to fix the accidental touches?

I also wish that people would stop looking at me as if I'm an alien for using the K1!
    06-04-17 02:49 AM
    No, those are just things I know it is missing. Don't really need to use it to know that they would improve the experience of the phone. This is actually kind of a wishlist, but wanted to know what people have found from using the device as well. I don't have some crazy rules to participate here, the ultimate goal is to improve BB phones in the future.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    So curious, do you or don't you own a K1!?
    Why not put this thread when launched end of May? Let's give the device some warmup time....just reading it could be open to all kinds of interpretation.. This is my opiniom.
    06-04-17 04:39 AM
    If 5G becomes the new standard, it would have it. But even now it looks to be 2 years off.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Maybe sooner?

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/t...the-nbn-2017-1
    06-04-17 06:39 AM
    I love my KeyONE. it is fantastic. I came off of an iPhone 7 Plus., It only took one day of running both phones before i completely put the iphone in the drawer. This thing does everything my iPhone does and my whole family has already installed Duo for video chat.

I wish it would have come with a Snapdragon 821 or better, and more RAM. If you've ever used a OnePlus 3T you know what I am talking about. That phone is so incredibly fast it is insane.

I am still learning how to talk to Google voice. So far everything i ask it to do just launches a google web search.

for the next version of the KeyONE i hope they add in a stereo speaker configuration, a bigger screen and water proofing. And of course, a way faster processor. Although this snapdragon 625 seems to be amazing on battery life. i am at 45 percent at days end.
    06-05-17 07:35 PM
    So far everything is working well on my KEYone. I am having trouble with the convenience key muting when I am calling. I hit it repeatedly by accident. I might have to tape over the damn key. I did have an episode of text not working, phone not working after I installed Whatsapp. I uninstalled it as I don't use it much and all is good again.
    06-05-17 08:50 PM
    The sofkeys above the keyboard would be better as physical keys (like most Samsung phones) to match the physical keyboard - and so you don't accidentally hit them when typing - or be changed to be part of the screen, as an icon that comes and goes depending on usage thus making the screen a bit bigger. Probably better as hardkeys, or better yet as part of a toolbelt with call / end buttons.
    06-05-17 09:00 PM
    For me it is the swipe launch for apps.
    06-05-17 11:07 PM
    1. Capacitive buttons should not be permanent
    2. Reception is good but not "original blackberry"good.

Other than that ..... perfect
    06-06-17 06:04 AM
    I would like to control the backlight on the pkb. It keeps going off before I want it to and it's annoying.
    john_v likes this.
    06-06-17 04:36 PM
    1. Capacitive buttons should not be permanent
    2. Reception is good but not "original blackberry"good.

Other than that ..... perfect
    Agree completely.

Having the capacitive keys disappear when media played ala Priv would have gone a long way to fighitng the 'screen is smaller' argument.

Since they went permanet capacitve keys, I wonder whey didn't go all in with a full toolbelt with dedicated call/end keys so much free space in that area.

Other than that - waterproofing is the only mainstream feature missing. Reminds me of the Priv lacking fingerprint. It's a shame to always feel like you are missing something.
    06-07-17 10:15 AM
    The only thing I don't like about my KEYone is that the symbols like '@', '&', etc. are pretty hard to see on the tiny keyboard of the phone, so I have to hunt carefully to find them and this slows me down when I'm typing.

But this is a minor quibble. The more I use the keyboard, the more likely it is I'll develop some type of muscle memory so that accessing the symbols will become more or less automatic. But I'm in my mid-50s, so having some difficulty seeing tiny lettering on the keyboard is pretty much to be expected. It makes me miss the pop-up on-screen symbol legend that was available on the Passport.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    07-11-17 02:11 PM
    I don't like that I can't see the screen in landscape if I'm wearing sunglasses. Forget about taking a landscape photo outdoors.

I don't like that the headphone jack is on top of the phone.

I loathe the uneven lighting of the keyboard. This is a small thing, but it drives me crazy in the dark.
    07-11-17 02:32 PM
    1. Android seems less clean than BB10. I like the customizability but it seems like it was designed by committee. Everything could be done in less actions in BB10

2. The built in apps. The BB10 music player was so much simpler and more intuitive than Play Music. The BlackBerry Android launcher didn't even include a file explorer like BB10 and my Sony Android did.

3. The keyboard auto-predict isn't nearly as smart as the one on BB10

4. The swipe up to complete word is not as sensitive as the one on the Passport. More missed swipes.

5. No toolbar like on the classic. No answer and hang up buttons, worst of all, no trackball. I used to use the trackball so much. Also the 3 buttons below the screen are not hard keys unfortunately.

6. The Play store has more apps than BB10 had but so many of them are garbage. If I find one I like I'd gladly pay a dollar for the ad free version but in some cases there is no ad free version so I have to see full screen ads for some other app I don't want.

7. The keyboard seems a little mushy compared to the Classic

8. It's so long compared to the Classic!

9. There's no media key!

10. The Classic and Passport had a rotated camera sensor that could take landscape photos while the phone itself is held in portrait orientation. This is gone. I now have to hold the phone sideways. Also the optical image stabilization from the Passport is gone. A dedicated shutter button would have been nice.

I just don't think that the guys who made the BlackBerry launcher for Android put as much time and attention to detail is BlackBerry put into BB10
    While I do agree with a lot of what you said, you'd enjoy it a lot more if you simply stop comparing it to the Classic. It's different and there are many things you can do to make it work better for you, even if differently than how it worked for the Classic. I do wish for it to have some things that it doesn't though. My original post stands at the things I wish to be improved or added in future keyboard phones...
    john_v and jamesharmeling like this.
    07-11-17 06:13 PM
    I don't like that I can't see the screen in landscape if I'm wearing sunglasses. Forget about taking a landscape photo outdoors.

I don't like that the headphone jack is on top of the phone.

I loathe the uneven lighting of the keyboard. This is a small thing, but it drives me crazy in the dark.
    Polarized sunglasses. All LCD screens are polarized so wearing polarized sunglasses will cancel out the screen's polarization when turned a certain way. Apple did the smart thing and polarized their screens diagonally...
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    07-11-17 06:15 PM
    Polarized sunglasses. All LCD screens are polarized so wearing polarized sunglasses will cancel out the screen's polarization when turned a certain way. Apple did the smart thing and polarized their screens diagonally...
    Yeah. TCL needs to do the same because it really makes it unusable in a sunny environment.
    07-11-17 06:25 PM
    After having my KEYone for one month, the only problem I have is related to Android.

I hate having the way pictures are scattered on the device. I just can't understand what the system is doing, but I plug it in to my computer, and organize them every few days.
    07-11-17 06:31 PM
    Yeah. TCL needs to do the same because it really makes it unusable in a sunny environment.
    Yep, definitely.
    07-11-17 08:31 PM
    only that one 1⃣ thing that bugged me alot even if the phone 📱 is so perfect 👌 ..... thers not sprelate keybored brightness 🔅 option. 😡😡😡😡
    07-11-17 08:34 PM
    The one thing that's picking my *** is the home button instantly being activated when I scroll on the pkb! It gets hit even when my finger goes over slightly the edge! If they made the keys as part of the os and removed physically it would also make the screen appear slightly larger as well!
    07-12-17 04:17 AM
    The one thing that's picking my *** is the home button instantly being activated when I scroll on the pkb! It gets hit even when my finger goes over slightly the edge! If they made the keys as part of the os and removed physically it would also make the screen appear slightly larger as well!
    I had this issue in the beginning but now I never do it anymore. But I've read someone suggest buttons remapper to set the home button to work only if you long press it half a second or something like that...
    07-12-17 08:27 PM
    Most of those of us who are left handed think it is great to have the KEYone positioning as it is.
    07-12-17 10:06 PM
207 ... 45678 ...