Yes the swipe shortcuts will be missed but hopefully will return with a future update, fingers crossed
    slagman5 likes this.
    05-01-17 04:56 AM
    Yes the swipe shortcuts will be missed but hopefully will return with a future update, fingers crossed
    I second that. I use only 2 of the 3 shortcuts to toggle Wifi and Bluetooth on and off. Huge convenience.
    05-01-17 05:21 AM
    I second that. I use only 2 of the 3 shortcuts to toggle Wifi and Bluetooth on and off. Huge convenience.
    That's a good use!

Posted via CB10
    05-01-17 05:25 AM
    It's gone. You live and you move on. No biggie. I use the keyboad shortcuts instead! Works way better. H for hub and one click and I'm there.
    05-01-17 05:32 AM
    It's gone. You live and you move on. No biggie. I use the keyboad shortcuts instead! Works way better. H for hub and one click and I'm there.
    Unfortunately the keyboard shortcuts do not work from anywhere in the OS. Hence the clamour for swipe shortcuts. Would definitely like to see it return

Posted via CB10
    hjc73734 likes this.
    05-01-17 06:08 AM
    Unfortunately the keyboard shortcuts do not work from anywhere in the OS. Hence the clamour for swipe shortcuts. Would definitely like to see it return

Posted via CB10
    My swipe shortcuts are always being used and as mentioned above they can be used anywhere and that is the appeal.

Going home and then pressing the specific key is less efficient.

Pretty bummed to hear this.

BlackBerry if you are listening bring the swipe back!!
    hjc73734 likes this.
    05-01-17 06:35 AM
    My apologies. I should have clarified--no hate intended. I was worried it would turn into a forum hating on the K1 when it would have only been in users hands for a short time without full exploration. Often times someone will find that some function does work, but it just takes time. I am very excited for this phone.

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    05-01-17 06:53 AM
    The thing about the swipe shortcuts is that they work from anywhere on the OS. The keyboard shortcuts will only work from the Homescreen. Hence the "need"
    Makes sense, thanks. That's why I was inquiring and sharing my opinion not fact. But I wasn't thinking about Keyboard presses while doing other tasks. Didn't consider that. Thx for pointing it out.
    slagman5 likes this.
    05-01-17 08:23 AM
    Makes sense, thanks. That's why I was inquiring and sharing my opinion not fact. But I wasn't thinking about Keyboard presses while doing other tasks. Didn't consider that. Thx for pointing it out.
    Most welcome! That's what the forums are for! :-)
    05-01-17 09:19 AM
    I can't believe they left out the swipe up targets. This is a major blow to how much this phone appeals to me. The benefits of this feature are obvious and hardware shortcut keys do not replace them because you need to be in the home screen to use them.

If this is a Nougat thing I'm not looking forward to the update on my Priv.
    05-01-17 11:23 AM
    I don't have keyone yet but I hope we have iris scanner and s-pen, and toolbelt for productivity. Amoled screen would be great and better processor.
    05-01-17 11:28 AM
    Wow without the swipe gestures I really have to think twice if I really should purchase the device. They are so convenient on my Priv and I use them most of the time (swipe up left to lock, up for browser and right for hub).
    The gestures also made the transition from bb10 to android easier for me, hopefully they're going to be implemented again in future updates. Till then I'll just keep on using my z10 (already sold my Priv in order to purchase a KeyOne if the prices start dropping)

Posted via CB10
    05-01-17 12:28 PM
    Wow without the swipe gestures I really have to think twice if I really should purchase the device. They are so convenient on my Priv and I use them most of the time (swipe up left to lock, up for browser and right for hub).
    The gestures also made the transition from bb10 to android easier for me, hopefully they're going to be implemented again in future updates. Till then I'll just keep on using my z10 (already sold my Priv in order to purchase a KeyOne if the prices start dropping)

Posted via CB10
    I didn't know it's missing the swipe gestures. It's not big deal for me but why would they not add that feature?
    05-01-17 12:56 PM
    The thing about the swipe shortcuts is that they work from anywhere on the OS. The keyboard shortcuts will only work from the Homescreen. Hence the "need"
    I'd like to keep 'em. They're useful on my Priv. The keyboard shortcuts are also useful when on the home screen.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-17 01:16 PM
    It's not so much that I don't like, but more of a having to get used to _The keyboard. I was so use to the Passport and using it two handed to compose my untold amount of emails daily. It's difficult to type one handed when having to employ the alt key constantly.
    Other than that I am a happy bunny and my Privs been given away. If an android passport came about, I'd be over the moon but for now ... KeyOne is a lovely bit of kit and just for the dual screen operation on Nougat, I'm multitasking like a don
    slagman5 likes this.
    05-01-17 03:08 PM
    Anyone having issues streaming music?

I'm having small issues with streaming music. Using a paid subscription service and it cuts out now and again. At 7% or 50% battery. Trying to identify the issue.

Believe me, this KEYone device is sooooo good. It's the phone all keyboard fans have been waiting for. Worth the money!
    slagman5 likes this.
    05-01-17 06:52 PM
    The only thing I DON'T like are threads like these.
    murphy_thom likes this.
    05-02-17 01:08 AM
    Face the issues

Posted via CB10
    05-02-17 03:50 AM
    The only thing I don't like is the productivity tab.
    Otherwise I still have to find a flaw that I won't like.

If I have to nitpick, I'd say the keys aren't that sensitive to swipe gestures when I type. Perhaps the keyboard will open up or I'm used to the sensitivity of Passport and PRIV.
    05-02-17 04:18 AM
    The only thing I DON'T like are threads like these.
    Lol. Yet, you comment. Must mean you like something about it! Is bad attention better than no attention at all? You read a post and then comment on how you don't like the post......maybe....don't? I think you secretly like the post and love the attention, so here's some attention! Have a great day my BlackBerry brother and be good. If you can't be good, be good at it.
    05-02-17 05:02 AM
    "For those with the KEYone, what DON'T you like?"

That's your title. I'll follow it, and reserve opinion till I've had the phone long enough, that I fully understand it's strengths and weaknesses.
    I simply put a few things to start things off so people get what I'm asking for in the post. Otherwise I know it'll be nothing but "the delay is killing the sales!" posts in here... And also the things I added are things other people (who do have the device) have brought up in other threads... Notice I'm not adding anything else?
    05-02-17 09:50 AM
    With all due respect, maybe we should wait until a lot of people have the K1 in their hands first.

Posted via CB10
    Does it matter when the thread is started? If there's only 50 people with them, they can chime in on their experiences on what they think could be improved or added. More can chime in later. Or do you think that somehow because it was started earlier that those that get one later would somehow not be able to submit their input??
    05-02-17 09:53 AM
    The product page on BBMobile does show the three shortcut swipes. Can anyone who has a retail version confirm whether it's really gone or not?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, it has been confirmed several times by people who have the retail version of the KEYone. Which is why I put it as an example in the original post.
    05-02-17 09:55 AM
    Dust proof and water resistant should be the standard for all phones these days
    Oh but you wouldn't know that until you have specifically the KEYone, for some reason... :-P
    05-02-17 09:55 AM
    Can not assign a key shortcut to clear all apps in the background and the snapchat camera is somewhat laggy unlike the original camera app which is lovely I think, other than that the handset is just amazing.
    05-02-17 09:57 AM
207 12345 ...