Am I understanding correctly that you can no longer swipe from the home button into things like the Hub or the phone?!
    04-28-17 05:33 PM
    Space bar also does other functions, so I would be against that. Wouldn't want to accidentally answer a call I intended to ignore because I was pressing the space bar while typing or scrolling or whatever...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Didn't think about that. On Android the call screen doesn't take up the entire screen space so yes that might be an issue. I just want any button to function as a call pick up and end button. and the button should be such that one can press it without having to look at it. That ways space bar would have been perfect but you have a valid point. You think there is a way out of this? Any other way to accomplish that?
    04-29-17 03:02 AM
    Wow, finally a positive thread about the KEYone. ^^ How bout a thread "Why did you fell in love with your KEYone?!"
    04-29-17 05:31 AM
    Am I understanding correctly that you can no longer swipe from the home button into things like the Hub or the phone?!
    Yes. This threw me completely at first! I assigned the Hub to the convenience key, but part of me wonders whether future software might allow swiping into the Hub from the left as with BB10.
    04-29-17 05:32 AM
    Yep. But I apparently can't say that is a good or bad thing until I have the phone myself, lol.

04-29-17 01:39 PM
    Wow, finally a positive thread about the KEYone. ^^ How bout a thread "Why did you fell in love with your KEYone?!"
    This is a positive thread. It's a thread about how to make a great phone even greater. :-)

skinnymike1 likes this.
    04-29-17 01:40 PM
    Good idea. Understand your point!
    04-29-17 01:41 PM
    Good idea. Understand your point!
    Go start one. :-)

04-29-17 03:30 PM
    I don't like that I can't buy it right now!

Posted by Passport SE killed by Whatsppp
    skinnymike1, stlabrat and Cupillac like this.
    04-29-17 05:10 PM
    Yep. But I apparently can't say that is a good or bad thing until I have the phone myself, lol.

"For those with the KEYone, what DON'T you like?"

That's your title. I'll follow it, and reserve opinion till I've had the phone long enough, that I fully understand it's strengths and weaknesses.
    jafobabe and itsyaboy like this.
    04-29-17 08:17 PM
    Not having my hands on one yet, the only thing I don't like and wish it had is color options. I'd love a matte graphite type finished from head to toe.

I could also add: A button that shoots a poison dart, but I might be asking for too much.
    04-29-17 09:30 PM
    "For those with the KEYone, what DON'T you like?"

It's Too Darn Smart and we are getting Too Darn Lazy!

Case in point:
    I made the mistake of having my refrigerator programmed to re-order groceries, which it does whether I have the money for it or not (which has caused me to get a second job). This refrigerator is worse than Alexa!
    Now my refrigerator wants an add-on, to install an AirWave cooker, this to be put in the empty vegetable bin folder, so it can have the food all cooked without leaving the fridge.
    Now that it's been installed, the AirWave cooker AND the refrigerator are yelling for a robot add on, to serve the food to me. Their filibuster proclaims it is needed, so I don't have to get up off my couch (I see a third job in my future).

But the funny thing about all of this??
    I had asked for a robot cleaner to clean the walls of my house, and the refrigerator boycotted the proposal, as too big and too expensive!

*Sigh* ..... I have been reduced to being a slave for a refrigerator that does everything, and can't stay awake long enough to even eat!

BUT, I'm still interested in getting the KEYone as soon as I can stay awake long enough to hit the PayPal button when they are available in my area. Hopefully by then, it will have the ability to change colors, correlated to each day of the week! It's such a hassle to change to a different color phone three times a week, to match my outfits. hrmmph.

Disclaimer: No Refrigerators, AirWave Cookers, Robots or Blackberry Phones were harmed, in the installations of any add-ons.
    As for me on the other hand, I no longer have a life, as all I do is work and sleep, with absolutely NO time to eat. But my birds are fat and happy now.
    04-30-17 01:07 PM
    With all due respect, maybe we should wait until a lot of people have the K1 in their hands first.

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    04-30-17 01:11 PM
    With all due respect, maybe we should wait until a lot of people have the K1 in their hands first.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly

Posted from my Passport To The Future
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    04-30-17 01:14 PM
    So opinions based facts...wow ....like it was known no wireless charging.. So ok..what about a bigger screen, 4 speakers, dust proof, water proof, no bezels..
    😂!!
    Dust proof and water resistant should be the standard for all phones these days
    th.1977 and slagman5 like this.
    04-30-17 02:46 PM
    The product page on BBMobile does show the three shortcut swipes. Can anyone who has a retail version confirm whether it's really gone or not?

Posted via CB10
    04-30-17 03:53 PM
    Don't know if it is already mentioned but you can assign lock screen shortcut to keyboard keys. I lock my priv with the q button. But since it is a slider it is not very convenient.
    04-30-17 04:06 PM
    The product page on BBMobile does show the three shortcut swipes. Can anyone who has a retail version confirm whether it's really gone or not?
    Yes, it has been confirmed by people who just purchased the KEYone in the UK. Might be an issue with Android N, so it might come later with an update.
    04-30-17 04:12 PM
    Yes, it has been confirmed by people who just purchased the KEYone in the UK. Might be an issue with Android N, so it might come later with an update.
    Thanks! I'll have to assign the convenience key to the phone app then.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-17 04:14 PM
    No, those are just things I know it is missing. Don't really need to use it to know that they would improve the experience of the phone. This is actually kind of a wishlist, but wanted to know what people have found from using the device as well. I don't have some crazy rules to participate here, the ultimate goal is to improve BB phones in the future.

Curious, haven't used the KEYone yet but have used DTEK50 and DTEK60 where swipe up allows for the 3 separate actions you can configure. I guess some people are use to that so would miss it on KEYone. That said, is it necessary now with basically what I've heard is 26 short press shortcuts and 26 long press shortcuts?

Meaning kind of a "wants" versus "needs" thing that could have impact on building the OS itself, i.e. the benefit to building the feature in to work with a PKB device would be different than the already built feature for all touch. So the issue isn't building for Nougat, it's why build for a PKB, maybe?

I personally haven't used the KEYone yet but I guess I don't see the need for Swipe Up for those actions now that there are so many available shortcut?
    04-30-17 06:03 PM
    ... I personally haven't used the KEYone yet but I guess I don't see the need for Swipe Up for those actions now that there are so many available shortcut?
    I was used to using it on BB10, but for some reason got away from using it on my DTEK. I should probably disable it since it's easy to do accidentally.
    04-30-17 06:21 PM

Posted via CB10
    Commenting on a post suggesting that it shouldn't be a post (for whatever reason) is kind of like....your validating it? I'd suggest not commenting. I'm quite enjoying the comments, even yours even if it seems silly to do so. Be grateful that this is such an awesome site that doesn't have too many boundaries and rules. Keeps it fresh! 😁
    slagman5 likes this.
    04-30-17 06:52 PM

Posted via CB10
    What's with the hate. It's not like folks on the forums don't have one yet or its not like the thread is going away anytime soon. This thread allows healthy discussion which we need around here.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by toneytone; 04-30-17 at 08:25 PM.
    jamesharmeling and slagman5 like this.
    04-30-17 07:50 PM
    What's with the hate.
    Huh? Dang is it become a sensitive world.
    04-30-17 08:17 PM
    Curious, haven't used the KEYone yet but have used DTEK50 and DTEK60 where swipe up allows for the 3 separate actions you can configure. I guess some people are use to that so would miss it on KEYone. That said, is it necessary now with basically what I've heard is 26 short press shortcuts and 26 long press shortcuts?

Meaning kind of a "wants" versus "needs" thing that could have impact on building the OS itself, i.e. the benefit to building the feature in to work with a PKB device would be different than the already built feature for all touch. So the issue isn't building for Nougat, it's why build for a PKB, maybe?

I personally haven't used the KEYone yet but I guess I don't see the need for Swipe Up for those actions now that there are so many available shortcut?
    The thing about the swipe shortcuts is that they work from anywhere on the OS. The keyboard shortcuts will only work from the Homescreen. Hence the "need"
    slagman5 likes this.
    05-01-17 04:29 AM
207 1234 ...