Ok, disclaimer, this is NOT meant for us to complain about the launch or to put down the phone or the brand. The purpose is for us to gather our thoughts on what could be improved about the phone for their next phone. I am extremely excited to get a KEYone (come on May 31st!!), and am sure it is the best BB phone and possibly THE best smartphone for some of us. The purpose of this is to think of ways to make a great phone even greater or anything that cannot be fixed via software would help to make their next device even greater. Complaining about someone does nothing but stress yourself. How does the saying go? It's like eating poison and hoping the other person dies?

So what I would like, is if we share our opinions on what fell short about the KEYone and how it could be improved in the future. After posting and reading the other comments, if there are improvements you agree with, hit BB and TCL up on social media (facebook, twitter, etc.) to let them know the things you would like for them to add or improve. Stay respectful because otherwise they would be inclined to not listen to you. Another saying comes to mind, you catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

I'll start it off with some things people who have the KEYone have mentioned that I agree with, just so you get an idea what types of things I'm asking about in this thread:

Swipe shortcuts are gone. It was a great feature because from within any app you can quickly launch into one of three programmable shortcuts. Very convenient. But apparently either something to do with Nougat or something else, it is now gone. I'm sure they didn't remove it for no reason, but we still need to try to convince them to actively work on a solution to make it work.

No hardware play/pause/mute key. The convenience key now serves as the mute key during calls, but the pausing of media function without needing to take your phone out or needing to use some external control device on a headset or otherwise, is still missing. This is a very important feature in my opinion and wish it would be brought back in future devices.

Wireless charging. No, I'm not saying to replace quick charge, before those comments come in, but to have BOTH. Wireless charging for your bedside when you sleep, and you can use quick charge if you need to recharge during the day. Very convenient to have a wireless charging stand where I can simply lay the phone down to charge and when I wake up just grab and go... At the very least, hopefully someone makes a charging stand...

So for those of you who have one, notice anything that can be improved??

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Last edited by slagman5; 05-02-17 at 10:17 AM.
    FF22, AmritD, pooyam and 6 others like this.
    04-28-17 11:38 AM
    1. Better use of the Trackpad functionality. Like one more reviewer mentioned why not swipe from top to bottom to pull down the notification tray.
    2. Better use of the Fingerprint sensor. Allow it to lock the phone as well (Its much more convenient and fast given the odd placement of the lock button) Or use the fingerprint sensor like the Moto G5/G5+ (Swipe on the sensor from left to right to perform the action of the back button; Swipe from right to left to perform the action of the recent apps button and tap on the fingerprint sensor to perform the home button function) Yes I realize that you can't have the sensor lock your phone as well have these gestures. But they should atleast implement one of them or better yet, have the option for both)
    3. Allow the "long press" Keyboard shortcuts to work from anywhere in the OS.
    4. Allow to answer an incoming call from the Space bar and also end the call with a space bar. Allows you to do both the actions without looking at the phone. Very convenient.
    5. Release Media Apps like Pictures, Music, Videos, File Manager which also incorporate Keyboard shortcuts.
    04-28-17 12:44 PM
    Why not put this thread when launched end of May? Let's give the device some warmup time....just reading it could be open to all kinds of interpretation.. This is my opiniom.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    04-28-17 12:45 PM
    1. Better use of the Trackpad functionality. Like one more reviewer mentioned why not swipe from top to bottom to pull down the notification tray.
    2. Better use of the Fingerprint sensor. Allow it to lock the phone as well (Its much more convenient and fast given the odd placement of the lock button) Or use the fingerprint sensor like the Moto G5/G5+ (Swipe on the sensor from left to right to perform the action of the back button; Swipe from right to left to perform the action of the recent apps button and tap on the fingerprint sensor to perform the home button function) Yes I realize that you can't have the sensor lock your phone as well have these gestures. But they should atleast implement one of them or better yet, have the option for both)
    4. Allow to answer an incoming call from the Space bar and also end the call with a space bar. Allows you to do both the actions without looking at the phone. Very convenient.
    5. Release Media Apps like Pictures, Music, Videos, File Manager which also incorporate Keyboard shortcuts.
    I like your ideas. To go further with number 1, bring back pointer mode that some Priv's had hidden away in developer mode.

With number 3, don't see that working because long press is used to type capital letters, so making the shortcuts activate while within apps would get kind of annoying, haha.

04-28-17 12:51 PM
    You should also OWN and USE one before you comment on this thread. Otherwise this is no different than any wishlist. Do you have one Slagman?
    04-28-17 12:54 PM
    Well obviously pointer mode would be awesome.
    My bad rewarding point 3. They could implement it like they did on BBOS. The long press shortcuts can work everywhere except text entries. But not sure BlackBerry would get that much into the OS. Well we can still wish for it
    curlybeanla likes this.
    04-28-17 12:54 PM
    You should also OWN and USE one before you comment on this thread. Otherwise this is no different than any wishlist. Do you have one Slagman?
    No, those are just things I know it is missing. Don't really need to use it to know that they would improve the experience of the phone. This is actually kind of a wishlist, but wanted to know what people have found from using the device as well. I don't have some crazy rules to participate here, the ultimate goal is to improve BB phones in the future.

Praganad and skinnymike1 like this.
    04-28-17 12:59 PM
    So opinions based facts...wow ....like it was known no wireless charging.. So ok..what about a bigger screen, 4 speakers, dust proof, water proof, no bezels..
    😂!!
    04-28-17 01:13 PM
    Eaxactly my point! Positive criticism is always good but once you have device in hands and not just a hands use but Full use.
    04-28-17 01:19 PM
    Eaxactly my point! Positive criticism is always good but once you have device in hands and not just a hands use but Full use.
    So get my hands on it, THEN ask for the same things? Alright, seems to make sense... Because my opinion on it missing the swipe up won't change. My opinion of the convenience of wireless charging won't change, and my opinion of it missing the play/pause button won't change...

Well, since I'm the OP, should I change the wording, would that make you guys feel better?

04-28-17 01:52 PM
    So opinions based facts...wow ....like it was known no wireless charging.. So ok..what about a bigger screen, 4 speakers, dust proof, water proof, no bezels..
    😂!!
    I don't know what's funny about that. If those are features you would want, what difference does it make?

04-28-17 01:54 PM
    I don't have a KEYone yet, but this is information I got from the youtube videos, reviews, and beginner's guide on Crackberry

(2) You can lock the screen via "Double-Tap"... technically you can Double-Tap to wake too, but that's redundant since you still need to authenticate.. (assuming you've locked your phone)

(3) Implementation of that will be a logistics nightmare.. it will need to be done is such a way that it doesn't interfere with typing while in apps. AND not interfering with apps that implement its own keyboard showrtcuts..

(4) By pressing the space bar? That sounds like a good idea.. however once you get used to the phone, you will get used to the placement of the "hang up" button, and can press it without looking

all other suggestions are great!
    skinnymike1 and ck2nb like this.
    04-28-17 01:55 PM
    2. I know you can double tap to lock but still not as convenient as just placing your finger on the sensor.
    3. Like I mentioned on the follow up comment, it should allow long press shortcuts throughout the OS except in text entries. This was there on BBOS.
    4. Yes by pressing the space bar. Sort of like how you could press the home button on older Samsungs to receive an incoming call.
    04-28-17 02:03 PM
    2. I know you can double tap to lock but still not as convenient as just placing your finger on the sensor.
    3. Like I mentioned on the follow up comment, it should allow long press shortcuts throughout the OS except in text entries. This was there on BBOS.
    4. Yes by pressing the space bar. Sort of like how you could press the home button on older Samsungs to receive an incoming call.
    Space bar also does other functions, so I would be against that. Wouldn't want to accidentally answer a call I intended to ignore because I was pressing the space bar while typing or scrolling or whatever...

skinnymike1 and ck2nb like this.
    04-28-17 02:12 PM
    I don't know what's funny about that. If those are features you would want, what difference does it make?

Because currently only had a quick HANDS ON in Barcelona.
    Once USE on a day to day basis have no doubt will share my thoughts and opinions.
    Only then feel fully legit to comment, criticize or not, and or ask for improvements / features for...
    KEYtwo!!!

Posted via PRIV and or PASSPORT SE
    04-28-17 02:13 PM
    i want this. https://www.cnet.com/news/5g-network...n-you-thought/
    X50 inside, equivalent or better. small, compact, on demand usage. no app.
    https://5g.co.uk/phones/
    04-28-17 02:21 PM
    Because currently only had a quick HANDS ON in Barcelona.
    Once USE on a day to day basis have no doubt will share my thoughts and opinions.
    Only then feel fully legit to comment, criticize or not, and or ask for improvements / features for...
    KEYtwo!!!

Posted via PRIV and or PASSPORT SE
    Ok, so wait until then to comment. Nobody here is "criticizing" anything. If you don't like it, move on. I'm not going to change my mind magically about any of the things I brought whether I've held it for 5 seconds or 5 months. And they are things brought up already by other forum users who do have the KEYone already. So would you rather instead of me saying it I post a link to their post saying the exact same thing? Would that somehow make it more comforting?

04-28-17 02:22 PM
    i want this. https://www.cnet.com/news/5g-network...n-you-thought/
    X50 inside, equivalent or better. small, compact, on demand usage. no app.
    If 5G becomes the new standard, it would have it. But even now it looks to be 2 years off.

04-28-17 02:26 PM
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...uttonsremapper
    I think this will help you with the convenience key not sure tho

Posted via CB10
    04-28-17 02:39 PM
    Space bar also does other functions, so I would be against that. Wouldn't want to accidentally answer a call I intended to ignore because I was pressing the space bar while typing or scrolling or whatever...

Hmm.. what about the "Convenience Key" to answer and end calls?.. but have it still launch whatever you assign to it when not on a call or receiving one.
    04-28-17 04:16 PM
    Why can't you just press the Q button to lock? I don't understand why we need to program Spacebar to do that now? Besides the power key is just on the left side of the phone to lock the phone.

Swipe down on the keyboard to reveal notification isn't a big issue either. I'll reserve my comment when I will use the phone myself. Again it's something that can be programmed on the keyboard shortcuts.

I'll be able to answer most of it in a few days and more 😉
    ardakca and ck2nb like this.
    04-28-17 04:46 PM
    Hmm.. what about the "Convenience Key" to answer and end calls?.. but have it still launch whatever you assign to it when not on a call or receiving one.
    During an active call the convenience key acts as the mute button. Another reason why I want to campaign to get the dedicated play/pause/mute button back...

brunibruni likes this.
    04-28-17 04:50 PM
    Why can't you just press the Q button to lock? I don't understand why we need to program Spacebar to do that now? Besides the power key is just on the left side of the phone to lock the phone.

Swipe down on the keyboard to reveal notification isn't a big issue either. I'll reserve my comment when I will use the phone myself. Again it's something that can be programmed on the keyboard shortcuts.

I'll be able to answer most of it in a few days and more 😉
    Nice, please do. But don't limit yourself to just the things we've discussed. I just wanted to get it started. Come up with your own impressions and ideas on how to improve an already awesome phone to be even better. :-)

04-28-17 04:52 PM
    Ok, so wait until then to comment. Nobody here is "criticizing" anything. If you don't like it, move on. I'm not going to change my mind magically about any of the things I brought whether I've held it for 5 seconds or 5 months. And they are things brought up already by other forum users who do have the KEYone already. So would you rather instead of me saying it I post a link to their post saying the exact same thing? Would that somehow make it more comforting?

Ken you just don't get it. When everything is so simple.
    I will not say move on..i prefer to be polite. good luck with your movement.
    04-28-17 04:53 PM
    Lte band 66 like all other new phones this year . Super disappointed about the lack of band 66
    04-28-17 05:31 PM
207 123 ...