I'm thinking of buying a Key one but am on Sprint and have read they no longer support Blackberry. Can I ask what carrier you're on?
    02-18-19 01:52 PM
    I'm thinking of buying a Key one but am on Sprint and have read they no longer support Blackberry. Can I ask what carrier you're on?
    BBMo is no longer making CDMA devices (with KEY² and KEY² LE). Even Verizon is shutting down its CDMA network at the end of this year.

The KEYᵒⁿᵉ PRD-63118-003 can be used on Sprint, but it will not be updated to Oreo.

Any other carrier in North America would be fine.
    02-18-19 03:34 PM
    Or any other phone on Sprint.
    02-18-19 03:35 PM
    Can I ask what carrier you're on?
    Space black KEYone on AT$T...
    02-18-19 08:30 PM
    BBMo is no longer making CDMA devices (with KEY² and KEY² LE). Even Verizon is shutting down its CDMA network at the end of this year.

The KEYᵒⁿᵉ PRD-63118-003 can be used on Sprint, but it will not be updated to Oreo.

Does that mean Verizon is going GSM? I don't follow this kind of stuff very closely....
    02-18-19 10:20 PM
    Does that mean Verizon is going GSM? I don't follow this kind of stuff very closely....
    No. Strictly VoLTE. No 3G.
    02-18-19 10:24 PM
    I have a Sprint K1. They are security updating the phone but have not released the Oreo update yet. My understanding is that Sprint intends to convert away from cdma but has not yet completed this process. Hopefully this means that Oreo will also eventually be released but have no confirmation of this from Sprint.
    02-20-19 04:36 AM
    Sprint and T-Mobile are supposed to merge (unless something changes. I believe it is on track to happen in the not too distant future). They will become one new company and will keep the T-Mobile name. Would it be an option for you to buy an unlocked KEYone GSMA phone and switch to T-Mobile? Of course, in the short term, it would depend on how coverage is with T-Mobile where you need to use it. The unlocked KEYone works great on T-Mobile and gets all the updates without having to wait for the carrier. There are some good deals out there on them.
    02-20-19 01:13 PM
    All 3G is being refarmed for 5G networks. In a few year those old non LTE feature phones and old BBOS phone will be unless in the United States at least.

Verizon is just the one in the biggest hurry to refarm their bandwidth over. I think they see a lot of potential in being first to provide 5G... not necessarily to mobile users but to IoT and commercial/residential customers.
    02-20-19 01:47 PM
    I have a Sprint K1. They are security updating the phone but have not released the Oreo update yet. My understanding is that Sprint intends to convert away from cdma but has not yet completed this process. Hopefully this means that Oreo will also eventually be released but have no confirmation of this from Sprint.
    Sprint's done with the KEYone... they don't care.

Lack of updates seemed to be more of a Verizon / BBMo issue... on that at this point, I doubt either cares to revisit it.

I'd switch Carrier's if the KEYone was what I "really" wanted. But then I'd consider the KEY2 LE as it seems to be better accepted by carriers and isn't two years into it's update life cycle.
    02-20-19 02:02 PM
    stay away from sprint, the keyone is locked to sprint and can only be used on their network. sprint network is horrible
    02-21-19 07:38 AM