Hi all, long time Blackberry fan (Z30, Z10, Bold, etc). I have been on a Android phone for the past 18 months and am not a huge fan, but I got frustrated with apps not working properly on my Z30.

Anyway...

1: Does the KeyOne (and DTEK) use a different dialer than stock android? (I hope) I hate the stock android dialer/contacts. With stock it is impossible to see the organization name under the individual when looking at contacts. I have to append every individual name with the organization...messy and a pain. Having three guys in my phone named Steve Johnson, it is impossible to tell which is which with stock dialer, so I append the names with organization. Why they can't add this feature to stock dialer is ridiculous. Anyway does KeyOne resolve this?

2: Thoughts on loss of screen real estate? I don't mind using a virtual keyboard, got accustomed to it on Z10, Z30 and now my Motorola Droid Turbo 2. Do you miss the real estate? Am I better off finding a used DTEK60 somewhere?

Thanks.
    07-09-17 04:23 PM
    When using the keyboard, there is MORE screen real estate.
    07-09-17 04:25 PM
    There is more than enough screen real estate for all the communication activities.. i often use two windows on screen (android 7 feature).
    If you are using the phone for gaming or streaming video the width/height ratio is not optimal.
    07-09-17 04:31 PM
    I came from a Note 5 and while I love this phone, I do sometimes miss the extra screen real estate. when I'm communicating, the screen is great because I don't have an on screen keyboard taking up space but when using maps or looking at pictures, etc I do notice it. I can live with it because the phone makes up for that loss with some other gains that I really like but it is something I notice.

I would imagine it's the stock dialer. most of the OS is stock. I don't know if there are other dialers on the play store that you can use. I haven't replaced mine because I don't use the phone too much and the people I call most often I use the keyboard shortcuts for.
    07-09-17 04:38 PM
    When you look at the contacts from within the dialer, are there two line for each name or just one? I have looked at a lot dialers. Many of them export your contacts to their server...
    07-09-17 04:41 PM
    I guess you can just replace the dialer with one from google play, there area variety you can choose from.

Not a keyone user yet, but I believe it has the stock google dialer
    07-09-17 05:38 PM
    Btw, just read online that you can search by the organization name and you will find the contact you specifically want
    FF22 likes this.
    07-09-17 05:39 PM
    Even worse the dialer will show each contact's multiple numbers as unique search results...basically it's garbage. they could use all the empty space to at least provide a company name. With over 5000 contacts I too could see multiple matching names.
    07-09-17 11:59 PM